Live from the Regal Princess 2/2/2020 Collaboration

CruiseVA

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

Didn't see your door sign but I did see some fun decorations.

Thanks Dan, suspect it now has a new owner. I just saw our steward, she had no clue what happened and apologized. I said, no worries, I think someone liked it more than we did. I hope they enjoy it.  Close this topic out - let's move on to more fun stuff.

We did the ride to Paradise Point, funny, all the time's we've been here, we had never done this.   It was awesome, great views. We had a brew and hung out for a bit, then went down and grabbed a taxi into town, where we wondered around and came upon TapHus, an awesome brewpub in town. We met a local tour guide who sent us to Glady's for lunch an awesome spot, highly recommend. We then headed back and stopped off at Tap & Still in Havensight. Had a brew there and headed on board the ship.  Pretty good day, and, it's only 6:53 now...

IMG_20200205_130302.jpg

IMG_20200205_131804.jpg

IMG_20200205_143427.jpg

• Like 3

We got back from St Maarten this afternoon, had lunch at the grill and then back to our cabin to chill out. That's when I noticed this barge & tugboat.. They pulled away around 4:40.  No idea what was happening...

IMG_20200206_151750.jpg

IMG_20200206_162612.jpg

19 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

We got back from St Maarten this afternoon, had lunch at the grill and then back to our cabin to chill out. That's when I noticed this barge & tugboat.. They pulled away around 4:40.  No idea what was happening...

IMG_20200206_162612.jpg

My guess is you guys were taking on fuel.  Enjoying the review!

Scott

17 minutes ago, 4hunters said:

My guess is you guys were taking on fuel.  Enjoying the review!

Scott

39 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

4hunters is correct.  I've seen it before, it was a fuel barge filling er up.  But they didn't check the oil or clean the windshield...:classic_huh:

13 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

39 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

4hunters is correct.  I've seen it before, it was a fuel barge filling er up.  But they didn't check the oil or clean the windshield...:classic_huh:

That was my thought, just didn't want to post any "hearsay" here 🙂

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

I think this is the crew pool?

I think the aft pool you photographed is what is known as the Terrace Pool, not the crew pool. That should be on the bow.

Great pics, hope you all have a smooth ride back up to FLL! Do you have a list of the officers by any chance? And are they still doing the Princess Rock Orchestra show? (I believe that's the name? It's the crew-led one in the Piazza and not the new Sky show.)

• Like 1

Today, in Sint Maarten, we took a Princess excursion in a 'semi-submersible' sub.  We were seated in this boat about twice the size of a pontoon party boat.  We didn't know where the 'semi-submersible' part came in until we were at the coral reef.  We were then instructed to go 'down stairs' where we had seats and the keel of the boat was glass windows.  They sent a diver down to feed the fish some crumbs of bread and we got some wonderful photos and everybody thought it turned out much better than we expected.  After the excursion DW & I & Family attended the Crab Shack Dinner held just one night in the Horizon Court but with total waiter service and it is a specialty dinner with a $29.00 cover charge.  All in all still having a great time, wish you were here!

Submersible.jpg.678933794d12f41b70975120cd72c0d4.jpg1390746399_DiverandFish.jpg.a82260eb2cb7e64f6480c4c96dba5948.jpg1561746639_CrabbyFamily(2).JPG.273e4b94d2a261784ba748518d450656.JPG2021993104_CrabShack1(2).JPG.f756ba32e16a45e431305246086a44a2.JPG

5 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

I think the aft pool you photographed is what is known as the Terrace Pool, not the crew pool. That should be on the bow.

Great pics, hope you all have a smooth ride back up to FLL! Do you have a list of the officers by any chance? And are they still doing the Princess Rock Orchestra show? (I believe that's the name? It's the crew-led one in the Piazza and not the new Sky show.)

They are no longer doing the Rock Show. I spoke to Oskar, who was in the show when we sailed Regal’s repo, & he said only 2 of crew who were performers are still on the ship. Bummer!  But Beatle Maniacs did a theater concert tonight which was fantastic, & they are doing another show in the piazza on the last night of the cruise.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, richsea said:

They are no longer doing the Rock Show. I spoke to Oskar, who was in the show when we sailed Regal’s repo, & he said only 2 of crew who were performers are still on the ship. Bummer!  But Beatle Maniacs did a theater concert tonight which was fantastic, & they are doing another show in the piazza on the last night of the cruise.

Aw shucks, but I did figure that it would be hard to keep this show with all the crazy rotations the crew does. Even Martyn has left already. It would be so difficult, but would be so awesome, if they could have a variation of such on more ships! Thanks for getting back to me! 

Last Sea Day lunch, seafood. very disappointing, tasteless shrimp, salty mussels, didn't try the crayfish. The Clam chowder was "what is that crap?"!  The mussels & clams in tomoato sauce were kinda tasty. No oysters, which is just as well, based on last years dried up tasteless oysters.  Oh Well, we were still able to find some yummy food.

IMG_20200208_122514.jpg