Updated Dress code/Theme schedules 2020

Host Hattie

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

Can you define what smart attire is ? Also what is Ice White Ball mean?

"Smart Attire:
Gentlemen, every night we request you wear smart trousers with a shirt and jacket; tie is optional. Ladies, blouses and skirts or stylish trousers and dresses are welcome."

I haven't seen a description from Cunard of the suggest attire for the "Ice White Ball" on QE's Alaska itineraries. We've been discussing that in this other thread: Gala Nights

• Like 1

On 2/25/2020 at 10:45 AM, Bornforthis said:

We have a masquerade ball and roaring twenties on our cruise.  Can you get masques and headbands on board or do you take them with you

Generally take them with you....last cruise nothing was available.....unless you picked up loose boa feathers 

Thanks for posting this, as some listings have changed.

One such change is on M013, an eastbound TA with a "London Theatre at Sea" theme.  The last of the three  Galas now is designated "Oliviers Ball."  I know who Olivier is, and that the Olivier Awards are mentioned in the voyage promotion.  But has anyone seen any hint of what an "Oliviers Ball" might entail, dress-wise?

50 minutes ago, Neuhoftraveler said:

But has anyone seen any hint of what an "Oliviers Ball" might entail, dress-wise?

I suspect one would dress as if going to the Oscar's or Baftas or indeed the Oliviers. Enjoy. 

On 2/2/2020 at 4:53 AM, Host Hattie said:

With thanks to @bluemarble for the original post

Queen Victoria dress code for Voyage V001 to V034
Queen Mary 2 dress code for Voyage M001 to M101
Queen Elizabeth dress code for Voyage Q001 to Q034

The QE dress code 9 March - 2 June is now out of date due to the major itinerary changes due to the virus situation 

Here are links to updated dress code and theme schedules. Based on the new file names ending in "0303.pdf", they may have been updated a couple days ago on March 3rd. The new QE schedule reflects the itinerary changes and the jacket optional dress code on smart attire evenings during the Australia/New Zealand and Transpacific itineraries. It also indicates jacket optional on Vancouver embarkation days during the Alaska itineraries.

Queen Victoria dress code for Voyage V001 to V034

• Like 2

On 3/5/2020 at 3:23 PM, 2BACRUISER said:

I suspect one would dress as if going to the Oscar's or Baftas or indeed the Oliviers. Enjoy. 

From the usual press photos of the Oscars, I wouldn't be caught dead dressing the way those who go to the Oscars do.  Can't speak to the Baftas.  Maybe something minimally theatrical, like adding my inherited white silk dress muffler to drape over my outdated tuxedo?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Host Hattie said:

The themes are optional.

Thank you for your quick response.Relieved to hear theme dress is optional, I was envisaging a few nights in the buffet if not the case.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2020 at 12:39 PM, bluemarble said:

Here are links to updated dress code and theme schedules. Based on the new file names ending in "0303.pdf", they may have been updated a couple days ago on March 3rd. The new QE schedule reflects the itinerary changes and the jacket optional dress code on smart attire evenings during the Australia/New Zealand and Transpacific itineraries. It also indicates jacket optional on Vancouver embarkation days during the Alaska itineraries.

Queen Victoria dress code for Voyage V001 to V034

Thank you for this - makes life so much easier on the Trans Pacific - 25 nights only 5  galas and the man doesn't need an extra jacket. I think we can do this with carry-on sized bags - will make life so much easier 

• 3 weeks later...

On a much lighter note - I have just read a post on here where someone currently on the QM2 on way back to Southampton with minimal numbers on board - They say that decks are closed and no real activity which is good and understandable although "Men are still required to wear a jacket at dinner"!