Cruise Critic Community
keithnw

Mid 30s Solo 14 Night Caribbean Cruise with Princess

Hi everyone,

I’m thinking of doing my first solo cruise, 14 nights around the Caribbean on the New Enchanted Princess next March. I’m 34 years old. Looking forward to having a balcony to myself and being able to do what I want when I want. Though I’m a little nervous, particularly about meals? Has anyone else cruised solo with princess at a younger age? And have any tips, reviews or support? 

many thanks

Have you looked here on CC to see if there is a roll call set up for the date of your cruise?  You would be able to chat with people that are going the same time and meet up once onboard at a "Meet & Greet" that usually someone will set up the first sea day.  If you book "anytime dining" then you can request being seated with others once you get to the dining room.  That way you don't sit alone and if you don't like the people at that table, no worries as chances of sitting with them again will be slim.  If you want to eat alone then you can tell the Maitre D you want a table for 1.  If you choose a set dining time such as "early dining" then you will be seated with the same people each night and you might not like them but it will be hard at that point to switch tables.  If you like to play Trivia, that can be a great way to meet people and have some fun by joining up with a team.  Just go and do what you want, when you want, as you said.  You are your own boss and will be the one to make yourself happy with doing the cruise with your rules!

I started cruising with my 10 year old son when I was 42.  When you are a single father on a cruise ship you are cruising solo because they are always in the kids area.  Now that he is in college I cruise solo all the time.  When it comes to dinner I like to book anytime dining so I do not have the same people every night.  When I get to the dinning room I always ask for a large table with mixed people and not just couples.  This gives me someone different to have dinner with every night and if I meet people i like we arrange to meet at dinner later in the cruise.  On the Formal nights I do the buffet or burger at the pool deck.  I do not like dressing up and that night seems to be a couples night.

I've cruised Princess many times solo in my mid 30's nothing but fun. I continue to cruise Princess solo 20 years later it's only gotten better. If I can be of help to make the best of your cruising Princess solo experience just let me know. Have fun Todd