Saving seats in theatre

On 2/2/2020 at 12:37 PM, Elorac123 said:

Hi all , just wondered about your thoughts on people saving seats for people in the theatres 
Cheers Carole

Saving a seat for one person who goes off to the toilet is perfectly fine assuming they entered, sat in it and urgently needed to go. Most men of a certain age can certainly attest to that sudden urge once they sit down. Reserving them is against the rules.

I am pretty sure I have heard some announcements say you cannot reserve them but you can hold them if someone has to leave for the toilet. It all comes down to common sense.

29 minutes ago, Brisbane41 said:

Saving a seat for one person who goes off to the toilet is perfectly fine assuming they entered, sat in it and urgently needed to go. Most men of a certain age can certainly attest to that sudden urge once they sit down. Reserving them is against the rules.

I am pretty sure I have heard some announcements say you cannot reserve them but you can hold them if someone has to leave for the toilet. It all comes down to common sense.

Unfortunately common sense is not common 

Cheers Carole

2 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

"My 6 friends have all gone to the toilet."

4 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

I don't mind if one person stops off in the toilet while their partner goes into the theatre, sits down and keeps one extra seat. I don't see the necessity for a person to go into the theatre and sit down to their seat is reserved while they go to the toilet.

1 minute ago, The_Big_M said:

One... six. What's five seats between friends?

Why would six people who know each other all decide to go to the toilet at once? What could six people possibly do in a toilet together? I am assuming you are being serious about this because no one I know would do that assuming it is the truth that someone who has entered a venue needs to go to the toilet.

Ok; We don't really have this problem with carnival. get a seat at the back...

Especially the shows haven't changed in 6 years....

Saving of seats in the main theatre, should be only able to save up to the amount of people in there Cabin/Room.  Have seen some people try & save 8-10 seats. There all not in the same cabin.. Just enough for you & your room mates...

Ok we do get this a fair bit in "The Punchliner" comedy club. It always get;s SRO.. Nice & early to the sides, usually gets a good spot....