5 Night Infinity Cruise...Is There a Chic Night?

smogfarmgirl

I can’t find anything to tell me about any special evenings, etc. This is our first cruise ever, so I know nothing about how this works, lol.  We are Aquaclass, so probably eating at Blu most nights, but I do want to try the MDE at least one night, and thought if there was a “chic night” that would be a good time, but I can’t find anything telling me about that in cruise planner. 

Thanks in advance for replies!

1 hour ago, smogfarmgirl said:

I can’t find anything to tell me about any special evenings, etc. This is our first cruise ever, so I know nothing about how this works, lol.  We are Aquaclass, so probably eating at Blu most nights, but I do want to try the MDE at least one night, and thought if there was a “chic night” that would be a good time, but I can’t find anything telling me about that in cruise planner. 

Thanks in advance for replies!

My wife and I were on the January 13 Infinity cruise, also in Aqua Class.  The "Evening Chic" night was January 15 (Day 3), which was also the first sea day.  On Day 1, the Celebrity Today had the itinerary printed on the first page and the Evening Chic day was printed in bold face type.

Just a heads up, but in Aqua class, your assigned dining room is Blu.

There is not a table in the MDR for you.

Tell the maitre d in Blu you wish to eat in the MDR and they can arrange it it, but expect the staff in Blu to be disappointed you want to eat elsewhere....

The food and service in Blu is REALLY good in our experience.

3 hours ago, justcrusn said:

Just a heads up, but in Aqua class, your assigned dining room is Blu.

There is not a table in the MDR for you.

Tell the maitre d in Blu you wish to eat in the MDR and they can arrange it it, but expect the staff in Blu to be disappointed you want to eat elsewhere....

The food and service in Blu is REALLY good in our experience.

Yep, I will. I’m sure Blu is better, but since we’ve never had a cruise we thought we should try both experiences!

Does Chic Night apply to Blu as well, or just the MDR?

7 hours ago, cruiser02 said:

You will know when  you get on !   Usually a sea day  Blu is really nice  Enjoy

Ok, so assume there is one and pack accordingly. 

9 hours ago, actuarian said:

My wife and I were on the January 13 Infinity cruise, also in Aqua Class.  The "Evening Chic" night was January 15 (Day 3), which was also the first sea day.  On Day 1, the Celebrity Today had the itinerary printed on the first page and the Evening Chic day was printed in bold face type.

Thanks - hope you had a great time...I’ll take any tips you’ve got since you were just there! So what I’m understanding then is that there is always a chic night, just depends on when?

Yes, Evening Chic night will apply in MDR, Blu, and Luminae. If you do any specialty restaurants check the dress code for those restaurants.

As for MDR, when we were on the Infinity they had no problem bringing items from the MDR menu into Blu. We always looked at the MDR menu just to see if anything looked interesting. However, the menus at Blu were always amazing. The spouse LOVES french onion soup that was only on the MDR menu, but they had no problem bringing him one every night haha.

13 minutes ago, DTL321 said:

As for MDR, when we were on the Infinity they had no problem bringing items from the MDR menu into Blu. We always looked at the MDR menu just to see if anything looked interesting. However, the menus at Blu were always amazing. The spouse LOVES french onion soup that was only on the MDR menu, but they had no problem bringing him one every night haha.

Great to know, thanks!

2 hours ago, smogfarmgirl said:

Thanks - hope you had a great time...I’ll take any tips you’ve got since you were just there! So what I’m understanding then is that there is always a chic night, just depends on when?

Yes, we had a great time and there is always a chic night.  It will usually be the third night except on those occasions when they have to change the itinerary because they are unable to dock at Key West on day 2.  That happens occasionally and, when it does, they reschedule Cozumel to day 3, Key West to day 5, and the chic night to either day 2 or day 4.  We have been on the Infinity 9 times and they had to make that change on 2 occasions.

The only items from the MDR menu that are always available in Blu are the shrimp cocktail and the French onion soup.  Other items on the MDR menu may or may not be available but the entrees that are specifically for Blu  are usually better than MDR entrees anyway.  The menu at Blu changes every night and, IMHO, it is best on the last night of the cruise so I would recommend that if you have dinner at a specialty restaurant, it not be on that last night.  We really enjoyed Le Petite Chef the first time we went there but the show there never seems to change so it is a little boring for repeat customers.  IMHO, the best food on the ship is at Tuscan Grill.

Most of the Aqua class rooms on deck 9 have an overhang.  It does not obstruct the view but it it does block the Sun.  My wife and I actually like that because we can sit out on the veranda and watch the sea without having to wear sunscreen.  However, if you want to sunbathe on your veranda (or look at the stars), then you should book one of the rooms on deck 11.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DTL321 said:

Yes, Evening Chic night will apply in MDR, Blu, and Luminae. If you do any specialty restaurants check the dress code for those restaurants.

The dress code in Specialty restaurants is always smart casual.  You can dress "up" if you so desire.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, actuarian said:

Yes, we had a great time and there is always a chic night.  It will...

Thanks for all the great info! We are on 9...I didn’t realize about the overhang when we booked, and then AQ was sold out, so I guess we are where we are, lol! 

Any cruise 6 nights or shorter will have one Evening Chic night. 7 nights and longer have two.

There is a lot of info in the FAQ on the website.  It's a good thing to read it as it covers a lot of things you may be wondering about.  The link below is specific to the dress code but you can see the menus for the other topics there, too.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/company/customer-support/help-and-faqs/during-your-cruise/onboard-dress-code