Port Canaveral ramp type

JMorris271

I need to know what type of disembarking ramp is used in Port Canaveral  please. I must wear braces to walk and it is very difficult for me to walk on steep inclines. Can someone tell me how the exit ramp runs? Is it horizontal or is it pitched?  Thanks

Edited by JMorris271

depends on  what time of day.. as bruce said, the Tides will determine the steepness.   for initial boarding, however,  you can request   an alternative.. it may be possible to board on deck 2 which (should be) level with the pier.  then you just have to wait for a free elevator to  come all the way down to send you up to the main boarding deck( or wherever you want to go) 

It believe it typically is only the final section of the boarding ramp that "floats" to adjust to the tides and could then become steeper than the rest.  However, usually there is an escalator (or an option for an elevator) that will take you from the check in level to the actual boarding level where you enter the ramp.  But that ramp is a gradual incline to the final section which leads to the ship.  So there will be some degree of incline leading to the ship on the ramp.

spookwife's suggestion is a good one as they typically will accommodate your type of situation with a lower, pier level deck boarding. They may also be able to provide wheelchair assistance for boarding if that would be a desirable option for you. Certainly worth asking the cruise line, and if you booked through a travel agent they should be able to investigate those options for you. 

Edited by leaveitallbehind

@JMorris271

Howdy! emo22.gif

Thank you for your new thread on the Ask a Cruise Question forum that is for general questions about cruising. 👍  

Since your topic concerns a specific Florida port, I have moved your thread to the Florida Departures forum where it will be on-topic. That is where all things Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Miami & Port Canaveral & Tampa are discussed.

Also, you might want to research the Disabled Cruise Travel forum. That is where cruisers with physical limitations share their advice & experiences. You will find your fellow Cruise Critic members have posted questions and received answers that may be of interest to you.

I sincerely hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif