Photo package question

huskerdan25

Hi fellow Princess cruisers!  My wife, myself and my family are booked on the Enchanted Princess cruise to the Western Caribbean in Jan 2021 to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary so there will be 11 of us altogether.  If my wife and I purchase the photo package, do the rest of my family have to?  Will our package cover all photos involving our party or just my wife and I?  I know on a previous cruise we had the package and though we met some friends on the cruise and they were part of our traveling party, we still were able to get photos with them and they were included in our package.  I don't want to assume that will be the case this time so I am asking my good friends on this forum if they might know the answer.

Thanks!

The All Inclusive Photo Package (the “Package”) is available to the purchasing guest, immediate family traveling on the same booking number as the purchasing guest or anyone verified as staying in the same cabin of the purchasing guest (together referred to, for the purpose of these terms and conditions, as the “purchasing guest”).

So, only photos of my wife and I are included, not with the rest of my family.  Not worth the cost then in my opinion.  I'll bring my nice camera and take photos of my entire family instead of take them with the cruise line.  Thanks.

51 minutes ago, huskerdan25 said:

So, only photos of my wife and I are included, not with the rest of my family.  Not worth the cost then in my opinion.  I'll bring my nice camera and take photos of my entire family instead of take them with the cruise line.  Thanks.

If one of you is in the photo then it is included...that is what i have been told...so as long as one or both of you are in the pic you get ALL the photos.

• Like 2

When Princess introduced the photo package, and for the first few years, as long as one person who had the photo package was in the photo, that person got a hard copy and the digital file. We've had the package many times, and it worked wonderfully - my husband and I bought the package, and as long as one of us was in the photo we got the hard copy and the digital file. Fourteen  months ago, aboard the Grand to Hawaii, we were told the policy changed - if there is even one person in the photo who did not buy the package, you have to pay the per photo fee to get the hard copy or digital file. I'm hoping that policy was short lived! We purchased the package again on the Star for this summer to Alaska, and will ask for our money back if we can't have others in the photos. Does anyone have recent experience with the photo package? My experience is 

6 hours ago, denmarks said:

The All Inclusive Photo Package (the “Package”) is available to the purchasing guest, immediate family traveling on the same booking number as the purchasing guest or anyone verified as staying in the same cabin of the purchasing guest (together referred to, for the purpose of these terms and conditions, as the “purchasing guest”).

On my birthday cruise May 2017 (Ruby Princess, Alaska) I was given that info when I purchased the photo package.  The Princess person I spoke to they knew we were in one group number but several booking numbers.  Then once on board I was told it only applied to the people in my cabin unless I was in the picture with them.  There were 15 of us in 7 cabins, including my sisters, mom, & daughter. 

We took pictures at every opportunity.  So there were a ton of pictures.  The last couple days of the cruise I was giving the photo cashier such a big stack that they never even looked to see if I or my roommate were in them.  (We did make sure the first and last few pics in the stack were indeed us.)  They just fanned them to scan the barcode to load the jump drive and gave them all to us.  And yes, we took all copies printed of the group (which was usually one for everyone in the pic).  

We probably ended up 150 prints.  I know none of the 15 left without at least 5-10 pics.  

$200 well spent (whatever the price was back then).  

• Like 1

We sailed on the Dec 21 voyage of the Pacific Princess along with DD and 2 DGCs in a separate cabin and booking number. We purchased the photo package for DD under her booking number. Any photo with any occupants of her cabin were included in the package. Grandpa and/or grandma along with any of them were included. It's a great deal if you have a large group. Just be sure at least one of the people in the purchasing cabin are in the photo.

Funny story... the last few days before the end, they ask you to take your stack and come back later..... due to how busy it is. They will scan your digitals onto your USB and it will all be ready after whatever time. No big deal. It was just hubs and I and since we always passed by photos to go to our room, we normally just picked up as we saw them if we had the usb. Well.... during the last check, we had a huge stack! Some how some other pax photos were in the middle of ours, by accident. We did not learn of this till we looked through them before packing, and found them. They looked nothing like us, but they were scanned onto our USB, and we returned the photos to the wall, and told someone, just in case they were looking for them. lol So... if you have an issue with too many people not having the package, wait till the days they ask you to come back for the photos and usb. They are so busy they are not looking at the photos at all. And our photogs knew us by the end of our cruise. hahaha

As for the Majestic, Sky, and (likely) Enchanted, photos are no longer printed en masse, so the prints are no longer included in the price of the package. Some have mentioned that the policies are not quite the same ship to ship (despite the T&C), so you will have to inquire from the people sailing on the Enchanted prior to your sailing to get a feel for what they're doing. Here's a link that briefly discussed one's experiences with Sky's photo package: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2710057-sky-princess-photo-package/?tab=comments#comment-58768579

Strangely enough, on a Majestic sailing a couple of months back, the photo attendant informed us that there were no packages offered at all, so we couldn't buy an all-included deal of our photos onboard, even if we wanted to. Not sure if Australia has different procedures, but we found this a bit shocking. Also, the "digitalizing" of the photos has increased the pricing of each photo as well, and if my memory isn't failing me, they were ~25AUD for each purchase + ~10AUD additional per photo just to print. Things change rapidly, and this might not apply to your sailing after all, but it's food for thought for now and something to ponder if you would prefer buying the package (if and) when you see it in your Personalizer, or to just go without it. 

1 hour ago, snoozecrooze said:

As for the Majestic, Sky, and (likely) Enchanted, photos are no longer printed en masse, so the prints are no longer included in the price of the package. Some have mentioned that the policies are not quite the same ship to ship (despite the T&C), so you will have to inquire from the people sailing on the Enchanted prior to your sailing to get a feel for what they're doing. Here's a link that briefly discussed one's experiences with Sky's photo package: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2710057-sky-princess-photo-package/?tab=comments#comment-58768579

Strangely enough, on a Majestic sailing a couple of months back, the photo attendant informed us that there were no packages offered at all, so we couldn't buy an all-included deal of our photos onboard, even if we wanted to. Not sure if Australia has different procedures, but we found this a bit shocking. Also, the "digitalizing" of the photos has increased the pricing of each photo as well, and if my memory isn't failing me, they were ~25AUD for each purchase + ~10AUD additional per photo just to print. Things change rapidly, and this might not apply to your sailing after all, but it's food for thought for now and something to ponder if you would prefer buying the package (if and) when you see it in your Personalizer, or to just go without it. 

Still available with the prints as well as digital for our upcoming Enchanted
Take home all the prints and digital files of your cruise for one low price. Plus, purchase pre-cruise and save $50 USD compared to the onboard price of $299 USD.*
*Pre-cruise promotional offer. Platinum Studio, Weddings and Renewal of Vows photos are not included