Recommendations

Rayneman5

Looking for 2 main recommendations:

1) July or August for a Mediterranean cruise? Big price difference? 

2) any recommendations on a good 5 night cruise (prefer tropical cruise)? 7 nights may be too long to leave the kiddos for 

Thank-you in advance. 

1 hour ago, SbbquilterUT said:

High travel season in the Med July and August, lots of crowds at sites and it can be hot as hell

1.FIFY

And because its high season, it's more expensive.

2. 5 night cruises + hot weather really limits your choices. There are plenty of 5 nighters to the Bahamas, but the weather in winter isn't very tropical. Best you could get would likely be a 5 night Western Caribbean. Summer time, Bahamas would be warm too.

Edited by mom says
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2020 at 7:13 PM, Rayneman5 said:

2) any recommendations on a good 5 night cruise (prefer tropical cruise)? 7 nights may be too long to leave the kiddos for 

Thank-you in advance. 

If those are the only two months you can do it, I would pick July and do the earliest week possible. August is hot and crowded. 

For a tropical cruise my first preference on where to cruise from would be San Juan, Puerto Rico but I think those are all 7 nights. Second choice would be Miami as that is the next most organized port we've experienced. I wouldn't do a Bahama's short cruise again. I'd pick a 5 day Caribbean. If you don't go during school holidays my experience has been that shorter cruises are not boozey party cruises, although no matter when or how long there are always a few boozey party animals on every cruise.

On 2/5/2020 at 8:13 PM, Rayneman5 said:

Thank-you in advance. 

Are these two separate cruises?  Are the kids coming with for the Med and the 5 night a different cruise without them?

I can't speak much to the 1st option, but Caribbean cruises (including Bahamas or Bermuda which are North Atlantic not Caribbean) are generally cheaper in August than July but also have more risk of hurricane issues.  I think for a 5 night I would look at all-inclusive resorts or similar land vacations if the main goal is warm and beaches. I love cruising but 5 nights is barely long enough to relax and I think you would get more for your time from a land vacation.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 2:38 PM, Rayneman5 said:

Thank you. Makes total sense. We have decided on a 7 nighter now and wife has decided she wants Symphony of the Seas. 

Excellent choices all around! Was going to get all judgy on you and say that a 5 nighter isn’t worth the horrendous airfare from Canada, but you saved me the trouble 😁.