Guarantee Upgrades w/ Royal Bid

Cayman1

41 minutes ago, Cayman1 said:

I was just curious, with the Royal Bid program going, has anyone revived a upgrade on a Guarantee since they started the Royal Bid program? 

Thank you! 

Yes, we did on our 12/19 Anthem cruise.  We had booked a suite guaranty and were assigned a two bedroom Grand Suite less than two weeks prior to our sailing.  We had expected to get a JS and had received a Royal Up email prior to getting assigned a cabin, so we had bid on a GS.  When we got our assignment, I was able to cancel the Royal Up bid.  I was afraid they would accept my bid and give me a GS, which was a step down from the two bedroom grand suite.  The cabin was huge for just two people, but we loved having two bathrooms!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, we did on our 12/19 Anthem cruise.  We had booked a suite guaranty and were assigned a two bedroom Grand Suite less than two weeks prior to our sailing.  We had expected to get a JS and had received a Royal Up email prior to getting assigned a cabin, so we had bid on a GS.  When we got our assignment, I was able to cancel the Royal Up bid.  I was afraid they would accept my bid and give me a GS, which was a step down from the two bedroom grand suite.  The cabin was huge for just two people, but we loved having two bathrooms!

I love your story.  It gives one hope!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cayman1 said:

I was just curious, with the Royal Bid program going, has anyone revived a upgrade on a Guarantee since they started the Royal Bid program? 

Thank you! 

We also received a small "free"  upgrade on 2/23 Anthem cruise.  Booked an obstructed balcony GTY.  Six weeks later a regular balcony (not sure the Cat No.) on Deck 14 was assigned.  For the first time (as I learned here at CC), we requested , through the TA, to change the assigned cabin to a cabin near my son's family on deck 9.  We are now assigned a regular cabin on Deck 9 close to them .  

• 2 weeks later...

I also had some luck in the past. I had a Gty JS on the Symphony of the Seas 8/2019 and was upgraded to an OS.  Not this lucky this time around. I opted out of an assigned J3 And re-booked to reserve a GTY JS at a higher price hoping that lightening would strike twice, this time on Navigator. Within a day I received my room assignment: a J4! Just goes to show there is no rhyme or reason in the upgrades. Now I’m bidding on Royal Up, let’s see what happens