Radiance of the Seas Alaska depart time

mar915

We are going south bound trip and read in last years compass a mandatory drill at 730. I currently have a reservation for MTD at 7pm so I am planning on changing it. Wondering what time does the ship leave the dock. Is it before or after the drill. I have read at 6 and then one said at 8. I prefer not eating.during sail away

A couple years we sailed southbound on Radiance And we had dinner booked for 6pm on embarkation day.  We didn’t find out about the delayed departure until the day before we boarded and we could access our cruise-planner. Turns out muster was at 6pm. When we arrived at the ship we we stopped at Giovanni’s and they just come after muster is over.

It turned out our muster station was in the hall outside of Chops. We arrived at approx 6:30 when the drill was over.  They needed a bit to time to prepare the venue, to set the tables as it too is a muster station. As it turns out we were practically the only guests there. 

I can link my live review it you are interested in reading it. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

2 hours ago, mar915 said:

I would love that link

Glad to help. Unfortunately when CC did the overhaul the video links reverted into something else.  Unfortunately links from bear watching 20’ away, to dog sledding, to a glacier chopper ride are not easily viewable. If any of that is interesting I can give you my channel name when you are done the review. 

Here is the link to the review. Hope you enjoy it, and if you have any questions please ask on it and I will respond. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

Trying to eat in the MDR on first night southbound Radiance is kind of a mess for us, IMHO.  We simply dine in the WJ to work around muster and sail away.  Which we will do in August again out of Seward. 

My confirmation states sail away at 8 pm, which it has been last few years.  However, second leg out of Vancouver northbound is the normal 4:30 pm.  

10 minutes ago, mar915 said:

Thanks I may just make 8pm then. Hopefully the diamond lounge is open until the drill so we can stop there before 

They will close the bar in the DL before the drill, but lounge open.  DL located on Viking Crown deck, turn left from elevator doors as you come out/ just down and forward from stairs on right hand side.  Enjoy!  🙂 

Does the cocktail hours even open before the drill time like 430 or 5 if the drill isnt till 630 or do they not open it at all. Other cruises when the drill is 5 I know they dont open it till afterwards. That's what it was in Venice last year.

16 hours ago, mar915 said:

Does the cocktail hours even open before the drill time like 430 or 5 if the drill isnt till 630 or do they not open it at all. Other cruises when the drill is 5 I know they dont open it till afterwards. That's what it was in Venice last year.

OP is talking about Radiance Alaska southbound with a departure time of 8:00 pm, muster around 7:30.  

And yes...have been in both DL and CL on Radiance southbound at happy hour, well before muster.  

Edited by island lady