Stock Benefit Question

FLAHAM

34 minutes ago, Regguy said:

Sounds like easy money to me, then.  Good luck!!

Thank you for the well wishes.  Good luck to you as well.  As long as you are not short selling the stock.  I think the majority of us on this board for a variety of different reasons would like to see this stock move higher.

3 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Thank you for the well wishes.  Good luck to you as well.  As long as you are not short selling the stock.  I think the majority of us on this board for a variety of different reasons would like to see this stock move higher.

I think we can agree on that.  I hope far more than a majority are rooting for all segments of the economy to continue growing, including the cruise industry.    

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Regguy said:

I think we can agree on that.  I hope far more than a majority are rooting for all segments of the economy to continue growing, including the cruise industry.    

Can't help but think at least part of the beating that the cruise industry and the stock market in general is taking is due to overreaction and media driven panic.  You never know.  There have literally been hundreds of books and movies released over the years where some sort of virus comes along and takes civilization to the brink.  

2 hours ago, seemoreroyals said:

Can't help but think at least part of the beating that the cruise industry and the stock market in general is taking is due to overreaction and media driven panic.  You never know.  There have literally been hundreds of books and movies released over the years where some sort of virus comes along and takes civilization to the brink.  

Well, movies aren't real, but the Great Depression was real. World War II was real. Nasty virus leading to Greater Depression of hyper-inflated assets leading to World War is definitely in the realm of real possibilities. History ain't over.

• Like 1

I have a cruise next February. Any idea how early I can apply for shareholder credit? Would like to do it now.  Will they post credit to booking even if shares may be sold within year? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Esv104 said:

I have a cruise next February. Any idea how early I can apply for shareholder credit? Would like to do it now.  Will they post credit to booking even if shares may be sold within year? Thanks. 

This is taken directly from shareholder Benefits FAQ,  it clarifies that the stock must be owned by passenger at time of sailing.

Are there any restrictions?The Shareholder must own Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH) stock at the time of sailing. Benefit is not combinable with any other offer. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer. Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. or it subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Onboard credit is calculated in U.S. dollars and is not redeemable for cash. Certificate value credited to onboard account at the time of sailing and may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. Any unused credit shall be forfeited. Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom booked must be held. Other terms and conditions apply.

20 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

after  the us govt issued warning suggesting noone cruise, ncl stock down to $24.65 (-9%) premarket. 😞

it closed $27.10 on fri.

All the global markets are down big time today so naturally it's going to be an ugly day again for everyone.   Euro markets are down close to 7 percent, U.S. pre-market numbers have all the stock indices down close to 5%.

Doesn't look like much of anything is safe right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

All the global markets are down big time today so naturally it's going to be an ugly day again for everyone.   Euro markets are down close to 7 percent, U.S. pre-market numbers have all the stock indices down close to 5%.

Doesn't look like much of anything is safe right now.

DJIA down 7.5% at open.  Ouch

Cruise stocks so far falling more significantly than the broader market and considerably more than airlines.  I guess the market probably anticipates federal government intervention for airlines but isn’t so sure about cruise lines.

With Trump stating his personal preference with the Princess ship was to keep it undocked and the CDC issuing guidance we may be looking at affirmative hostility to the industry in Washington right now as a facilitator of the spread of the disease.  Or at least that is what the markets seem to imagine.

I think a few kind words from Washington may be necessary for the stock trend to improve at this point.  I wouldn’t be surprised if U.S. port closures are on the table and if they are the hope for NCLH would have to be that the government signals some kind of bail out at the same time.

(This is message board speculation not investment advice.)

12 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

The stock trend isn't going to change with "a few kind words from Washington".  Check out prices of the DJIA, SP500 and NASDAQ this morning.  EVERYTHING is tanking not just cruise line stocks.

My point was that cruises are dropping faster than the market.

The trend I am talking about is the march toward zero and Chapter 7 or 11 which the markets are now signaling they view as perhaps not likely but possible.  The kind words would be a suggestion that government shut downs would be accompanied by intervention.  That would stabilize prices.  Otherwise this looks like trouble.

Airlines have the market perception they are too important to the economy to be allowed to fail even by this administration.  Cruises do not have that market perception

On 3/6/2020 at 12:35 AM, stefmaia said:

This is taken directly from shareholder Benefits FAQ,  it clarifies that the stock must be owned by passenger at time of sailing.

Are there any restrictions?The Shareholder must own Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. (NCLH) stock at the time of sailing. Benefit is not combinable with any other offer. Shareholders have the option to choose between the shareholder benefit or the other offer. Benefit is non-transferable and not available to employees, agents of Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. or it subsidiaries and affiliates, travel agents and tour operators. Onboard credit is calculated in U.S. dollars and is not redeemable for cash. Certificate value credited to onboard account at the time of sailing and may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. Any unused credit shall be forfeited. Credit is applied on a per stateroom basis; double occupancy. Single guests paying 200% of applicable fare shall receive full value of certificate. Only one shareholder credit per stateroom. Only one credit per shareholder on any one sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom booked must be held. Other terms and conditions apply.

I have a question concerning the stockholder OBC as described above. Does the statement that “benefit is not combinable with any other offer” affect the OBC that my travel agent may offer - or the Norwegian “free at sea” program? Thanks for any info!

On 2/24/2020 at 9:18 PM, P_Mcruisers said:

I am waiting for 33/35.... If it goes there. I will reassess at that time. 

NCLH redux:

Bought 50 shares at $35 on 2/27. I reassessed and thought it best to buy 50 shares rather than 100 shares. 

Today I bought 50 shares at $20.  Probably to early and should wait till the S&P approaches 2485 level if it goes down that far

On 3/9/2020 at 10:13 AM, ColeThornton said:

The stock trend isn't going to change with "a few kind words from Washington".  Check out prices of the DJIA, SP500 and NASDAQ this morning.  EVERYTHING is tanking not just cruise line stocks.

Not really. The market opened up. Teetered downward, then moved up. Even NCLH is up (a tiny bit). 

Edited by BirdTravels

On 3/9/2020 at 12:20 PM, willbrook said:

I have a question concerning the stockholder OBC as described above. Does the statement that “benefit is not combinable with any other offer” affect the OBC that my travel agent may offer - or the Norwegian “free at sea” program? Thanks for any info!

I have the same question.  Combinable with free at sea?  CN double up?  Free/reduced airfare?  I'm sure there are others but I thought the stockholder OBC was indeed combinable.  Recent change?  Experiences?

Thanks so much.

23 minutes ago, snorklinbarb said:

I have the same question.  Combinable with free at sea?  CN double up?  Free/reduced airfare?  I'm sure there are others but I thought the stockholder OBC was indeed combinable.  Recent change?  Experiences?

Thanks so much.

I have the same concern. Is the Free At Sea affected. or Any OBC.

This does not affect the FAS.  It is an additional OBC.  It is not in lieu of the other perks offered when booking.  On my recently cancelled cruise I got all of the FAS perks as well as doubling up on the CNs.

Edited by Russiamomm
to add more detail