Should those with Princess Cruises booked be able to Cancel due to how this Disease was handled?

kkmiausa

8 hours ago, caribill said:

Not always so quick.

My passport with dozens of pages with entry/exit stamps on it, many essentially unreadable due to very little ink when the stamp was made or one stamp being made on top of another. Of course they are not in any chronological order.  I would estimate it would take at least 15 minutes to look at all the stamps in my passport and figure out the location and dates on each one and some would still not be readable.

I used the term figuratively, not literally.  That said, most passports (all US passports) now have chips in them that can literally be quickly scanned. 

Edited by ExploringTheGlobe
  • Like 1

I booked and fully paid for my Japanese cruise on Diamond Princess for end of May 2020. Due to the outbreak of coronvirus in January, I have requested cancellation (more than 90 days before the cruise). I understand that according to the contract, I will lose my deposit and cancellation fee also applies. To date, I still have not received refund for the rest of my cruise payment.

I am aware that situation like this will cause cash-flow problem to Princess cruise, similar to banks when many customers close their accounts at once. Hope I will get my money back.

8 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I do not understand posters who come to this board to complain about cruise line policies.  There isn't a single person on this board who can change/influence those policies.

The OP is understandably upset about the situation they find themselves in - feeling they have to cancel for personal reasons then not getting a full refund. Maybe they have come on this forum to 'kick the cat'. I hope they feel better after venting, but maybe not.

13 hours ago, ExploringTheGlobe said:

I used the term figuratively, not literally.  That said, most passports (all US passports) now have chips in them that can literally be quickly scanned. 

The chip has info that can identify you, but does not have any information about where you have traveled or when.

The information on the chip can be used in official immigration computers to link to government computers that may have the travel information.