Speciality Breakfast for suite passengers

shepcookie

We were just able to grab a good deal on a suite on the Caribbean Princess.  In reading the suite perks on Princess' website, it doesn't mention the breakfast for suite passengers that was served in one of the specialty restaurants every morning.  Do they still do this?

I would not be surprised if they do discontinue it since they could say club class is taking its place.     How knows!    We have found on our last 5 cruises that we prefer club class for breakfast.  It just is not the same as it use to be.  The staff would change after a couple days.  You use to be able to get to know them and it had a large family gathering feeling.  We do long cruises so maybe it is different with the shorter ones.  If you are in a hurry to get to an excursion, club class is much faster.  On sea days, I still do enjoy Sabitinis - it is more relaxing.    

28 minutes ago, BIG TIME CRUISER said:

It's not often that we get the chance to eat breakfast in Sabatini's but yes, they still offer it & it's definitely a step up in service & quality. 

This is my top favorite perk for being in a suite (and I do Window Suites to save $$), and I now do longer cruises with more sea days just so I can enjoy these wonderful breakfasts in whichever specialty dining room.  Since they cook your breakfast right in the specialty dining room kitchen, you can have anything you want and love sitting at the window looking out as we eat.  Love having the same serving staff too. 

Pooh

• Like 1

The first time we booked a suite--a short 5-day cruise--I would go to the Crown Grill (no Sabatini's on the Ruby Princess) for the suite breakfast and thought it was pretty neat.  My wife sleeps in and, so, I go out for breakfast on my own.  The best part about it was that we had met one of the servers, Rosa Maria, in SHARE a couple months prior.  She was an absolute charmer.  She recognized me before I recognized her.  When I later told my wife that Rosa Maria was onboard, she agreed we had to make a dinner reservation at SHARE.

The next time we booked a suite--a 7-day cruise--I would go down to the Crown Grill, maybe, half the time.

I learned that I preferred to chat with table mates at breakfast in either the buffet or the dining room.  Whenever I went to the suite breakfast, I would be seated by myself.  Now, I am perfectly capable of eating alone, but after a couple days, it seemed to get a bit old.

On our 12-day AK cruise on the Royal Princess, I did not attend the suite breakfast, at all.  I have to say, though, we did avail ourselves of the Suite Concierge Lounge that is on the Royal class ships and think that is a great amenity.

This past January we booked a suite on a 15-day roundtrip Hawaii cruise.  On the first evening we enjoyed our complimentary specialty dinner at Sabatini's.  An outstanding occasion.  We had a terrific time bantering with the entire dining room staff (and I left a couple glasses in the bottle of 1998 Barolo that I had brought on board for them to polish off).  Just before we left our table, the headwaiter said, "We'll see you, tomorrow, for breakfast."

When we demurred, he was, understandably, confused.  So, I explained a bit, "Mrs. XBGuy does not 'do' breakfasts.  So, if I come here by myself, I will, probably, be seated by myself."

He agreed that would be the case.

It turned out that we were to have dinner at Sabatini's fairly often during that cruise.  Our last port before returning to Los Angeles was Ensenada.  So, on the very last opportunity I did go to Sabatini's for breakfast.  Not surprisingly, everybody made a big fuss over me.  I did feel special.

If my wife did eat breakfast, we would be there every morning.  

We just got off the Island and were in one of their aft-facing suites for 25 days! Besides the free laundry, breakfast in Sabatini's was one of the best suite perks they offer! They had unique breakfast dishes as well as quality pastries and rolls. They also give you a pot of coffee, if you like coffee like I do, rather than you having to continually ask for refills. Definitely one of the suite perks you do not want to overlook!

14 hours ago, shepcookie said:

We were just able to grab a good deal on a suite on the Caribbean Princess.  In reading the suite perks on Princess' website, it doesn't mention the breakfast for suite passengers that was served in one of the specialty restaurants every morning.  Do they still do this?

On the Caribbean Princess breakfast is in the Crown Grill on deck 6 a stones throw from the window suites. They will get you anything if you tell them a day in advance. I wanted the James Beard french toast and they made it for me after the first day when I asked in advance.