Cruise next: New (to me) marketing to get you to buy 4

fstuff1

2 hours ago, timf2001 said:

They tried to pull the same "deal" when I was on Bliss last year.  I don't cruise on NCL often enough to need 4 certificates at once, so I prefer to stick with 2 at a time.  Why let NCL hold onto my $250 for that much longer?

Yup!

The only reason to buy more than 2 is if you can use all of them for the next cruise.

Else you can just buy 2 more while on your next cruise

Edited by fstuff1

1 hour ago, fstuff1 said:

Yup!

The only reason to buy more than 2 is if you can use all of them for the next cruise.

That’s assuming you only ever book one cruise during the time between cruises.

It is very common for people to book more than one cruise during that time. I always make sure that I have 4 vouchers in my account when leaving the ship. Usually that means buying two each cruise, but sometimes I need 4, and sometimes none.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Yup!

Or maybe you purchase more than one cabin for the same cruise.  I did this last year and used four certificates on two cabins on the same cruise.  Or on B2B cruises.  I have done this often.  Three times last.  $1000 savings every time. Or maybe you have enough OBC's to purchase more free money for free.   And I too have four CN in reserve and I usually cruise solo.

I guess there maybe more reasons to purchase more than two.  Your way isn't the ONLY way but just another opinion.  And I still do not understand the penalty factor (from another thread you started) when purchasing only one.  When is getting free money a penalty?  You just might not get as much as you think you should receive. ✌️

Edited by jskinsd

6 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

That’s assuming you only ever book one cruise during the time between cruises.

It is very common for people to book more than one cruise during that time. I always make sure that I have 4 vouchers in my account when leaving the ship. Usually that means buying two each cruise, but sometimes I need 4, and sometimes none.

obviously, if you think you're going to book multiple cruises before you sail on your next cruise, then buy more cn. :classic_laugh::)

but even if you unexpectedly book multiple cruises before you sail on your next one, you can buy lots of cn when you sail and call up ncl to apply cn to the cruises that you didnt use cn for.

they'll refund you $500 even if it's past final payment.

(i've done it twice.)

Edited by fstuff1

22 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

obviously, if you think you're going to book multiple cruises before you sail on your next cruise, then buy more cn. :classic_laugh:🙂

So your statement that the ONLY reason for buying more than 2 vouchers would be if you could use them all in your next booking was incorrect.

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

So your statement that the ONLY reason for buying more than 2 vouchers would be if you could use them all in your next booking was incorrect.

Sigh at people that don't understand smiley emoticons 😞

There are limits as to how many CNs can be purchased at one time -

How many can be used at-on one booking -

And then NCL allows rules changes to these - fine print - marketing - sales - etc.

And therein is the substance of all this the CN program is nothing more than a discount -

You are not getting tangible $Money$ in your pocket to take off the ship to spend on the street or in a mall.

It is only funny monopoly money that can only be used exclusively at-on a NCL cruise ship booking or onboard activity.

In itself it is a good program to encourage sales (future ones) and keep the guest-customer locked in with NCL.