How early back to cruise port if tendered port?

jm313506

Hello everyone! We will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas in May 2020. One of the ports is a tendered port. How soon do we need to get back to the port to tender back to the ship? When does the last tender typically leave the port to return to the ship? We have a 2 hour excursion planned at 3:00 PM (not through the ship) and the ship is scheduled to leave at 6:00 PM. Is that cutting it too close? Thank you!

39 minutes ago, jm313506 said:

Hello everyone! We will be sailing on the Liberty of the Seas in May 2020. One of the ports is a tendered port. How soon do we need to get back to the port to tender back to the ship? When does the last tender typically leave the port to return to the ship? We have a 2 hour excursion planned at 3:00 PM (not through the ship) and the ship is scheduled to leave at 6:00 PM. Is that cutting it too close? Thank you!

Last tender would be as late as 5:15/5:30. The excursion operator knows how late to push things. 

On 2/21/2020 at 1:25 AM, jm313506 said:

If you booked your tour through the cruise line, they'll wait for you. If you booked it on your own, and are late getting back, you'll get a great picture of the rear of the ship as it leaves without you.

For me it would depend on where the excursion is going.  For example, if it is a walking tour of the port city I would feel pretty safe.  If it is a driving tour that goes any distance from the port city I would not feel comfortable.  I agree that tour operators will do everything in their power to get you back on time.  

Since it is only a 2 hr tour it is likely in the general area of the port.  

Would be to close for my comfort.  Had 2 hour delay returning to ship In Patagonia due to another tour's accident blacking road.  Fortunately it was a ship tour so ship waited.  Made it back to ship on private tour Nevis to St, Kitts with 1/2 hour to spare, never again.  If I do private tour I need to be back to ship at least 2 hours before sailing to avoid panic attack.

• Like 1

Typically an hour before departure is the latest you want to get back.  Likely a long line for the tender at that point, so we like to get back earlier.  Last tender will officially be 30 minutes prior to departure but that long line might make it much later (Grand Cayman).  They use large shore-based tenders there but there is limited space for loading so it can take 20 minutes just to load.