How many plugs in a balcony stateroom aboard the Summit?

yvrbos

A number of posters have suggested bringing a power strip in order to increase the number of outlets that are available. I will have my phone, my iPad, my apple watch and my sister will bring the same. Will there be enough outlets? I would rather not pack a power strip. I have enough to pack!

No power strips across the board on Celebrity? I was under the impression that small ones were okay if they don’t have surge protectors. (I’m sailing on the Infinity next week and looks to me like that ship only has a couple of outlets in the cabin...yikes!)

I have a couple of these and they work great -  Also have the 220 2 pin version to use the 220 socket.  Never have a problem bring them aboard.

Good news -  If you are sailing on Summit you probably don't need one as in addition to the two at the vanity and 2 in the lamp there is one (sometimes) on the phone.  The one on the TV is also active when TV turned on.

image.thumb.png.4d6709e0cd7cee1eb2ced7602c5381ad.png

Edited by Jim_Iain

I had a power strip without a surge supressor taken away on Royal Cab. I got to wait an hour to get it back after my cruise. Now I carry one of these with my other plug addapters and have not had an issue. They can be bought for $5 at any hardware store and are lighter than the strips to carry.

image.png.4234b61e93ee74ce29611ef6825eb6fb.png

There are more power outlets than there were before the refurb, thankfully! I had my power strip taken away on our Summit cruise last July, which was new for me as I'd packed it in my bag (but never used it) on another X cruise a few months prior to that. I've since purchased this little donut style power bar after seeing a post from someone else on these forums saying they've never had an issue taking it on an X cruise: USB Power Bar It does not have a surge protector. The box says 'no surge' so I'm going to leave it in there and hope for the best on our next X cruise. 

38 minutes ago, Ginnyfyr said:

There are more power outlets than there were before the refurb, thankfully! I had my power strip taken away on our Summit cruise last July, which was new for me as I'd packed it in my bag (but never used it) on another X cruise a few months prior to that. I've since purchased this little donut style power bar after seeing a post from someone else on these forums saying they've never had an issue taking it on an X cruise: USB Power Bar It does not have a surge protector. The box says 'no surge' so I'm going to leave it in there and hope for the best on our next X cruise. 

Would be interested to hear how it goes with that doughnut extension.    Love the look of it.

13 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Would be interested to hear how it goes with that doughnut extension.    Love the look of it.

I'll try to remember to keep you posted! I used it at a hotel last week and my only complaint is that the cord is REALLY short. The only accessible plug was on a wall near the floor, so I had to leave it kinda dangling from the wall while my phone charged. It got the job done though! Hubby and I will still bring our little plug in USB charges so at least if our donut does get confiscated, we'll still be able to charge our phones. 

I always get an extension cord.   I don't need it for a medical device but like to use my PC while sitting on the Sofa and there usually aren't any plugs near by.   I always bring along the multiport USB connectors -  I have them in UK, Continental and US versions.   I guess I have to pick up one for Australia as we will be staying with friends for a week after our December cruise.