Pool Lounge chairs ENCORE -How difficult?

VIKINGCRUISER

It's been a while since I been on a cruise and I know these ships have changed, getting more like cities and now amusement parks.

With that being said some cousins decided to do a cruise on the Encore, in which I am going solo and would book a studio cabin . I really want to just get a lounge chair in the pool area and relax. My concern is from what I have tried to read about the ship, is that The Points Guy posted "sun worshippers" there are fewer sunning areas on Norwegian Encore that are open to everyone at no extra charge".

So my question is how difficult is it to get a lounge chair in the vicinity (Meaning above areas or even several rows back from the pool) with a ship that has about 4,000 people?

I am going to basically enjoy relaxing in the sun and water and now have concerns about this.

If anyone can clue me in about the lounge chair pool situation on the encore (or similiar) I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Depending on what time you crawl out of bed will determine if you get a decent chair by the pool. If you head down or up to the pool by 7AM you’ll be good. If you crawl out of bed at 10:30 and then head to the pool expecting to find a decent chair just waiting for you you'll be sorely disappointed .  

I enjoyed the Encore, but we had a balcony. I thought to myself if I had an inside cabin I wouldn’t be happy due to the crowded/pool deck space...never found 2 chairs available. We tried a few times early on but decided to get our sun worship on our balcony for the remainder of the cruise. 

40 minutes ago, helloxxannie said:

Does the pool deck area get less busy later in the afternoon? I found when I was on Royal Carribean, if I came out there around 3-4pm, chairs started to empty out & I was still able to get a few hours of sun in. 

Can anyone comment if it's similar on the Encore? 

It's probably less pronounced on NCL ships since it's freestyle dining. Most royal ships early seating is around 530 so it makes sense people start heading to their rooms an hour or so before. NCL dining opens around the same time but it's come when you want so not an en masse group going at that time. 

Also during the winter by 4 there's not much sun left. 

I sailed on the Encore during Thanksgiving and found no problems ever getting a chair in the pool area. I always have a problem finding chairs with shade and this was the first cruise that I had no problem any time of the day I went.  There were also plenty of loungers on the other decks in the sun. I am not an early riser! I was pleasantly surprised 🙂 

On 2/21/2020 at 3:01 PM, VIKINGCRUISER said:

It's been a while since I been on a cruise and I know these ships have changed, getting more like cities and now amusement parks.

With that being said some cousins decided to do a cruise on the Encore, in which I am going solo and would book a studio cabin . I really want to just get a lounge chair in the pool area and relax. My concern is from what I have tried to read about the ship, is that The Points Guy posted "sun worshippers" there are fewer sunning areas on Norwegian Encore that are open to everyone at no extra charge".

So my question is how difficult is it to get a lounge chair in the vicinity (Meaning above areas or even several rows back from the pool) with a ship that has about 4,000 people?

I am going to basically enjoy relaxing in the sun and water and now have concerns about this.

If anyone can clue me in about the lounge chair pool situation on the encore (or similiar) I would appreciate it!

Thanks

On port days very easy. On sea days a little more difficult but since you only need one probably not that difficult.

I could find a table with chairs in the shade 100 percent of the time port or sea days.

Just off the encore today.  The pool is definitely crowded and it is more difficult to find chairs than most ships. However, this just entails walking around for a few extra minutes to find something. Peak chair hours are 10-3 and then it definitely tapers off as the afternoon progresses on sea days.   We were able to find chairs each day at peak times but people definitely do not follow the 15 minute towel rule and they will drop personal items in chairs at breakfast and expect to hold them for hours.