Celebrity Suite on Revolutionized Silhouette

EndlessSea

It looks nice and bright compared to the old pictures I have.  A few things I did notice is that the coffee table is very small compared to the old, larger square one.  I miss the old wicker cushioned lounger on the balcony.  That white couch is going to look very dirty very soon.  I wish it was cushioned all the way around.  Only one person can sit on the side wall part that faces the tv since it doesn't have a back.  

One small minor detail but the artwork over the bed needs to be centered or they need another piece of art on the left side.  😊  

Other than those things I noticed it remains very much unchanged in terms of layout and they kept the same furniture design pretty much.  Unlike the MClass where they completely redid everything and not for the better, imo.

6 hours ago, groryjm said:

1881769999_CSliving4.jpg.8c7c50ac1da0f99a0a6849ba55030f36.jpg

1329699592_CSliving3.jpg.02fcc53e4fb18371bdb0f73784045351.jpg

1089207326_CSliving2.jpg.58dd922ae5417bedcf802eb6b4b774c3.jpg

1986416289_CSliving.jpg.05356205d448f7628c6bd3a8a0d0bf0b.jpg

335183265_CSBed2.jpg.3f18576b8401b8562888e6b6cdd4f3e7.jpg

400986515_CSBed.jpg.93afd8073165d311161907210755df18.jpg

1554932452_CSBalcony.jpg.8ede601e359a926d40eecf2645973494.jpg

These aren't my pics but ones I have gleened from elsewhere

That veranda furniture looks horribly uncomfortable...… we enjoy spending time on our balcony in the CS.  I sure hope they've kept the lounge rattan lounge and cushion.

Also can't imagine how quickly that white fabric on the sofa will look gray.....just saying

23 hours ago, Gracie115 said:

That veranda furniture looks horribly uncomfortable...… we enjoy spending time on our balcony in the CS.  I sure hope they've kept the lounge rattan lounge and cushion.

Also can't imagine how quickly that white fabric on the sofa will look gray.....just saying

The balcony furnishings are very uncomfortable. We had them when we cruised in the RS on Equinox. The chairs with the table are simply basic and uncomfortable but the ‘reclining’ chair is rock hard and impossible to get comfortable in...our butler rounded up some cushions for us from the retreat deck but obviously they were not a perfect fit and if you moved they ‘slipped’ which could be a safety risk...Seriously not luxury cruising.

We did discuss our concerns with the suite manager and asked for our comments to be forwarded. We also made sure our cruise questionnaire reflected our disappointment with the ‘new’ balcony furnishings....

I do hope that guests who are not satisfied with new deck furnishings feed back...Constructive criticism seems to have worked on Edge..

Don't forget the Equinox could not be finished becuase they had to shift the dry dock at short notice.  Sihouette is the first S class to be revolutionised in accordance with the initial spec. 

Not to say it isn't still uncomfortable.  Feedback from this forum has already been successful in several areas.

Thanks everyone for your comments and thanks groryjm for the pictures.  I wonder which side they open on the sofa for a bed.   I hope they realize the balcony furniture doesn't really work and what is their thinking with those small tables.  You can't even fit a room service tray on them.

3 hours ago, EndlessSea said:

Thanks everyone for your comments and thanks groryjm for the pictures.  I wonder which side they open on the sofa for a bed.   I hope they realize the balcony furniture doesn't really work and what is their thinking with those small tables.  You can't even fit a room service tray on them.

Just a final comment to check you are aware about the issue with the bathtub. If you are of a reasonable height and fully mobile it is fine but the step in/out is very high and there is little to hold onto...I do wish X would highlight this as we have met up with elderly couples who have booked the CS as a ‘treat’ and then really struggled.

Hopefully it won’t be an issue for you. Enjoy your cruise!

7 hours ago, chemmo said:

Just a final comment to check you are aware about the issue with the bathtub. If you are of a reasonable height and fully mobile it is fine but the step in/out is very high and there is little to hold onto...I do wish X would highlight this as we have met up with elderly couples who have booked the CS as a ‘treat’ and then really struggled.

I agree. My 88 yo mom and I booked a CS on Summit for this May. When I realized that this was the cabin with the awful tub/shower I talked to her and we upgraded to a RS. There's no way she can get into that shower! The RS has a separate tub and shower. Who actually uses a tub on a cruise, anyway? 

11 minutes ago, MEcruzr said:

I agree. My 88 yo mom and I booked a CS on Summit for this May. When I realized that this was the cabin with the awful tub/shower I talked to her and we upgraded to a RS. There's no way she can get into that shower! The RS has a separate tub and shower. Who actually uses a tub on a cruise, anyway? 

That tub is a recipe for disaster.  Add in the motion of the ocean and water making it slippery, and you have slips and falls galore. We had friends who had to use a vacant regular cabin shower because their tub was too dangerous for them.