Drinks - options

boowaaccaa

Hello there,

Been awhile since we cruised with RCI.  I see on their site you can bring a bottle of wine each and I can see the drink packages.  I remember reading that you could order bottles in advance but I can't see the option on their site.  I remember there being a wine package but I can't find that either.  Also there used to be a buy 1 get 1 coupon for repeat guests, but is that gone too? The drink package for our cruise is $1800 - eep and we don't want to drink to excess but I also don't want to stress about the bill at the end when buying a single drink for $10 + 18%

Do I have any other options? 

Can you bring bigger wine sizes on board or do they stick to the 750ml rule?  Just wondering because Carnival used to let you bring on a box, if you wanted. 

Sorry so many questions - we used to cruise frequently and were better versed. 

Thank in advance.

9 minutes ago, boowaaccaa said:

Hello there,

Been awhile since we cruised with RCI.  I see on their site you can bring a bottle of wine each and I can see the drink packages.  I remember reading that you could order bottles in advance but I can't see the option on their site.  I remember there being a wine package but I can't find that either.  Also there used to be a buy 1 get 1 coupon for repeat guests, but is that gone too? The drink package for our cruise is $1800 - eep and we don't want to drink to excess but I also don't want to stress about the bill at the end when buying a single drink for $10 + 18%

Do I have any other options? 

Can you bring bigger wine sizes on board or do they stick to the 750ml rule?  Just wondering because Carnival used to let you bring on a box, if you wanted. 

Sorry so many questions - we used to cruise frequently and were better versed. 

Thank in advance.

Depends on the port but for the most part they stuck to the 750ml rule. 

the drink card is not always available ... it is something sometimes pulled out halfway thru a cruise if booze sales are below what they want/need

I haven't seen the 'coupon book' for repeat customers in several years.

Heard a comedian on RCCL- If you are at home and sitting alone in a bar and drinking at 9:00 in the morning, then you have a

problem.  But if you do the same on a cruise ship, it's okay, because you have a "package."

Just pay as you go, then you won't have to be concerned with drinking to excess.

21 minutes ago, boowaaccaa said:

Thanks!

Any other options for us - besides drink package and paying the regular rate.  Can you buy a drink card?  I read that on an older post.

There is a link to Royal Gifts where you can order wine and 325ml bottles of liquor with 4 cans of mixers. Limited selection.

40 minutes ago, Bees29 said:

Also, how many port days do you have that you will be off the ship, not able to use the drink package fully. 

We are on a 12 day cruise - 4 ports. 

Thanks for all the tips and advice.  Just reading old threads with old information, lol.    Mostly wanting to know if there is anything current that I was missing and couldn't find on their site.

:)

15 minutes ago, boowaaccaa said:

We are on a 12 day cruise - 4 ports. 

Thanks for all the tips and advice.  Just reading old threads with old information, lol.    Mostly wanting to know if there is anything current that I was missing and couldn't find on their site.

🙂

no sorry. either you buy a drink package or pay as you go.. Also cocktails are about $13-$14 each after gratuity.. Like others said sometimes drink cards become available but usually not until the end of the cruise..