Beluga Vodka and Caviar pairing experience

eryde

Hi all,

Can anyone shed some light on the "Beluga Vodka and Caviar pairing experience"?  I doing our research for our 1st RSS Explorer cruise in March we stumbled upon a Youtube video from the Splendor and as we are Caviar fans we are hoping this is an offering on the Exporter as well.

Any insight would be most helpful.

Thank You,

Eric

The only thing I know about the new offerings is that the cost is quite high.  There was a champagne tasting (not sure if it included lunch).  If you have a lot of OBC's, it is fine but without them, it is expensive.  Note:  The Connoisseur wine pairing lunches that Regent has offered for a long time is about $175/person. - just to give you an idea.

One evening pre-dinner in the Observation lounge there will be a set-up with a couple of caviar options available for purchase.  You can enjoy the complimentary house Champagne  -  currently Monopole Blue Top -  the "standard" Beluga vodka or other beverage of choice.  Or you can opt to purchase one of the other higher-end Beluga options.

A separate event entirely is the "Beluga vodka tasting " where you can sample 3 different varieties for a certain charge- can't remember the exact amount.

Thank you  to all have replied ...  With one month before our fist RSS Cruise expectations are high and the ability to enjoy one of our favorite foods with top shelf libations is icing on the cake.

Thank you again,

Eric

2 hours ago, wripro said:

I certainly hope the menu is Beluga caviar and Vodka. Never heard of Beluga vodka.

2 hours ago, wcsdkqh said:

wripro-- you need to get out more.  There is Beluga Vodka, and is considered a top premium brand.

When we were on the a Explorer just a couple weeks ago, we conducted our own vodka taste test. Yes, there absolutely is Beluga vodka and it is excellent. It came in a very close second to Absolut Elyx.

This past fall, John and I did the Beluga Vodka tasting on the Navigator. Keep in mind, that it's Beluga Vodka, not Beluga caviar...(wish it was...haha!). We tasted 4 different "Beluga" vodkas...all of which were very nice, but the sticker price is pretty high for what it was, imho. I seem to remember a couple of different caviars, but, alas, no Beluga! We probably wouldn't have done the tasting if we didn't have obc to burn.

1 hour ago, Mudhen said:

This past fall, John and I did the Beluga Vodka tasting on the Navigator. Keep in mind, that it's Beluga Vodka, not Beluga caviar...(wish it was...haha!). We tasted 4 different "Beluga" vodkas...all of which were very nice, but the sticker price is pretty high for what it was, imho. I seem to remember a couple of different caviars, but, alas, no Beluga! We probably wouldn't have done the tasting if we didn't have obc to burn.

If I remember correctly, there is one Beluga vodka that is included.  Will check it out in 2 weeks and 5 days🍾

Yes, there is one included Beluga vodka variety.  Decent enough but not quite as smooth as the Chopin they used to have onboard.  Our butler advised us that Beluga took its place on the "included" list. Will enjoy it in my martini tomorrow when I reboard Splendor.  Fortunately found some anchovy-stuffed olives here in Miami to bring onboard.  Blue cheese variety is nice, but Anchovy- mmmm

3 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

Yes, there is one included Beluga vodka variety.  Decent enough but not quite as smooth as the Chopin they used to have onboard.  Our butler advised us that Beluga took its place on the "included" list. Will enjoy it in my martini tomorrow when I reboard Splendor.  Fortunately found some anchovy-stuffed olives here in Miami to bring onboard.  Blue cheese variety is nice, but Anchovy- mmmm

Thank you for letting us know that there is one Beluga variety on the ship.  We definitely mss Chopin - there was something about it that we loved.  

How long will you be on Splendor?  We board March 14th.

24 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Thank you for letting us know that there is one Beluga variety on the ship.  We definitely mss Chopin - there was something about it that we loved.  

How long will you be on Splendor?  We board March 14th.

Jackie -

We were on the "maiden" from Barcelona to Miami and re-board tomorrow to San Diego.  We will just miss each other!

S

Just now, Kwaj girl said:

Jackie -

We were on the "maiden" from Barcelona to Miami and re-board tomorrow to San Diego.  We will just miss each other!

S

Okay - just was hoping to see you since we didn't have much of a chance to chat on our last cruise!

12 hours ago, Kwaj girl said:

There is also several Beluga varieties on the premium list. We also enjoyed the Chopin last year but did enjoy the Beluga this year. Try the Absolut Elyx when you are on board, it was our favorite. Have a great cruise!

On 2/24/2020 at 9:10 AM, wcsdkqh said:

wripro-- you need to get out more.  There is Beluga Vodka, and is considered a top premium brand.

Sorry, I stand corrected. So if the vodka is Beluga do we know what kind of caviar they will be serving?

Here is the Caviar menu that was sent to me by RSS Customer Service last week. This of course is if you wish to order Caviar above and beyond normal service like Sunday Brunch etc.

Screen Shot 2020-02-27 at 05.26.05.png

Edited by eryde