On Board Activities - Painting/Crafting/Scrapbooking

oregoncruisers

Hi!  My DH and I have cruised multiple times on Princess (Royal) and Royal Caribbean (Voyager, Jewel, Vision, and Serenade) ships.  None of thee ships offered a lot of activities outside of bingo, trivia games, and typical poolside games on sea days.  There was one crafting class on the Royal (making sugar skull masks) and one basic scrap booking class on the Voyager).  Does any one have suggestions for a cruise line or a particular cruise ship (maybe some of the bigger ships?) that offers more in the way of crafting or other interesting on-board activities that we could explore?

We love to cruise, but I would love some more variety on at sea days!

Thanks so much for your thoughts!

Princess has an unhosted Knitters & Natters group on sea days.  People bring their crafts, usually some sort of needlework.  I have seen a lot of socks knitted, scarves, afghans, etc.  I take along crochet thread for  potholders.  Cunard also does this.  Oceania had a needlepoint session on the first sea day, handing out small projects such as coin purse, eyeglass case.  The other two sea days it was bracelet making and kits were handed out.  EM

I don't do any of these activities, but seems if something was brought up in roll calls there might be a lot of takers.  Additionally, if I was interested in doing say scrapbooking or knitting, I suppose I would bring my scrap book or knitting stuff and do my thing.  Enjoy!  

Carnival has started offering a craft time "at sea" through Michael's.  What I saw was very simplistic and geared more toward young children (paper stamping, card making).  Viking (probably others too) offers onboard lectures.  Princess had a cooking class one day (I think Carnival might too), but at least on Princess it was a show and galley tour not actually hands-on cooking.

If you have space, I would pack your own craft and enjoy the down time.