Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
escapecincy

Cellar Master Wine Package

Does anyone have reviews/advice/thoughts on the Cellar Master Package? Since it reads "pricing based on double occupancy" am I assuming correctly that the listed price of $350.35 is for 2 passengers? Would the "evening of fine dining in Pinnacle Grill" have special enhancements or is it just a reservation in Pinnacle?

CELLAR MASTER PACKAGE, DOUBLE OCCUPANCY, 7-10 DAYS

A premium wine tasting experience is available throughout the length of your cruise with the Cellar Master Package. Two wine tasting events conducted by our Cellar Master, an evening of fine dining in the Pinnacle Grill, six bottles from the sommelier cellar #1, a Holland America Line commemorative bottle and wine gift are included for on board enjoyment. Pricing based on double occupancy, 7-10 day voyages. A 15% service charge is included in the price of the item. You must be 21 years of age or older to order and receive alcoholic beverages. *Mariner discount not available on the Cellar Master Package.

We have purchased this package a couple of times. The wine tastings are a lot of fun. The Pinnacle Grill dinner is just that … a dinner in the Pinnacle. 

I purchased the package. But you might want to compare the price of each item a la carte & see if you save money. You will also have an opportunity to purchase wine tastings on board. I believe the first one is $20 or $25/person. And the second was $50/person. 

Also be sure to check the wines in the package to make sure there are a couple you like. Note: sometimes they are out of a particular wine. They usually substitute a similar wine from another package - the two times this happened to me, the wine was a higher quality wine.