Itinerary change for the 2020 GWV

Scrapnana

On 2/28/2020 at 11:23 AM, scubadawg said:

I'm supposed to be on the segment from Singapore to Cape Town. Waiting to hear what is up.  2 years of research and planning safaris etc. Already changed my flight weeks ago to go direct to Singapore instead of transiting thru Hong Kong when they started denying boarding to those having been there.

We too were supposed to board in Singapore, and haven't yet decided what we will do, as a $26,000.00 future cruise credit that expires on 2/25/2021 is way beyond STUPID. It should have expired on 2/25/2023.

BUDD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, budddawn said:

We too were supposed to board in Singapore, and haven't yet decided what we will do, as a $26,000.00 future cruise credit that expires on 2/25/2021 is way beyond STUPID. It should have expired on 2/25/2023.

BUDD

same issue except lower $$$ as a single but going to push pcc to get this extended. We have 3 cruises booked with fcd thru aig 2021 and would like to split between the 3. I was surprised it wasnt a refund as all the cancelled asia cruisers received.  I spent all a.m cancelling everything. Flights were going to cost 2 1/2 times the miles I had used to get to Sinhapore and take 40 hrs or so or on airlines I wouldnt want etc.

There a

20 hours ago, scubadawg said:

same issue except lower $$$ as a single but going to push pcc to get this extended. We have 3 cruises booked with fcd thru aig 2021 and would like to split between the 3. I was surprised it wasnt a refund as all the cancelled asia cruisers received.  I spent all a.m cancelling everything. Flights were going to cost 2 1/2 times the miles I had used to get to Sinhapore and take 40 hrs or so or on airlines I wouldnt want etc.

There a

Don't know if HAL will let us board if we were to fly from Singapore.

BUDD

That is why we cancelled.Knew we would be denied if we flew from Singapore and trying to route from San Diego to Sri Lanka was too many long layovers, more stops etc. I had direct business class from L.A to Singapore with Singapore Airlines.

The flight issue along with Mombasa being cancelled(safari now out) missing our tour in Colombo because now we arrived there 5 days earlier and guide was booked etc contributed to decision. I also believe there could be more disruptions.

1 hour ago, scubadawg said:

Good news, they extended our time to use the credit so that we could apply to an Aug 2021 cruise and also ket us split the credit to put on 3 different cruises next year.

I'm happy with the outcome.

We are very glad that they worked with you, it gives us hope.

BUDD

1 hour ago, scubadawg said:

Good news, they extended our time to use the credit so that we could apply to an Aug 2021 cruise and also ket us split the credit to put on 3 different cruises next year.

I'm happy with the outcome.

that's really good to here. 🙂  Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

So grateful to have found this site. My mom and step father are on the ship and are not particularly tech savvy so keeping up with the news has been challenging. 
Thank you for the updated itinerary. Has there been any talk of shortening the cruise as covid19 spreads? I can only imagine more and more ports closed. 
Also, have they told you there will be a quarantine upon return to Ft Lauderdale, or is that an educated guess?

Thanks again for this!

India and Sri Lanka have now been canceled. India because of visa problems and we were denied entry in Sri Lanka.

Ports added in Australia; Broome, Exmouth, Geraldton and overnight in Fremantle.

La Possession, Reunion also added.

We have heard that there were problems in Reunion with demonstrations and rock throwing at cruise ship guests. Suspect Reunion will be canceled and that this will not be the last change.

Jim 

Note to Kindergirl. We have not been told of any possible problem upon arrival back in Ft. Lauderdale nor of any termination of the cruise. There is speculation on the ship among passengers that both might be an eventual possibility.

So grateful to have found this site. My mom and step father are on the ship and are not particularly tech savvy so keeping up with the news has been challenging. 
Thank you for the updated itinerary. Has there been any talk of shortening the cruise as covid19 spreads? I can only imagine more and more ports closed. 
Also, have they told you there will be a quarantine upon return to Ft Lauderdale, or is that an educated guess?
Thanks again for this!

Check out my blog at www.theinsidecabin.com. It has links to multiple other blogs from people on the world cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk