New O policies

Jancruz

39 minutes ago, Verokaren said:

Hi Petoonya,

This is so frustrating as it is changing daily. We are due to fly out next Thursday, but really debating whether not to cancel at this point. Did you have a trip insurance? I'm so sorry you had to change your plans! I have an appointment to get a doctors note on Monday but flying out on Thursday, so now must change all of that around.

I would  check if  your travel ins  will cover you if you cancel at this point

It might be worth  asking  Oceania   from a FCC   for  a cruise  at another time

just a thought

Hello Everyone - I realize that this is the Oceania board and NOT the Regent board.  However, they are "sister cruise lines" and both answer to the same "higher corporate power".  Regent just issued the following cancellation policy for all cruises beginning between April 3 and Nov 1 of 2020.  I wonder if we might expect Oceania to announce the same "customer-friendly" policy, shortly? Best Regards.

"Effective immediately, Regent Seven Seas Cruises is providing you greater confidence with Regent Reassurance. For all voyages beginning April 3, 2020, through November 1, 2020, you can now cancel up to 30 days prior to sailing and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to a new booking within one year on any 2020 or 2021 Regent voyage.

Regent Reassurance begins today and applies to all existing bookings plus new bookings made by April 30, 2020, on all voyages from April 3, 2020, through November 1, 2020."

46 minutes ago, Verokaren said:

Hi Petoonya,

This is so frustrating as it is changing daily. We are due to fly out next Thursday, but really debating whether not to cancel at this point. Did you have a trip insurance? I'm so sorry you had to change your plans! I have an appointment to get a doctors note on Monday but flying out on Thursday, so now must change all of that around.

Karen,

It's dicey but only affects Australia at this point- you might still be safe. My thoughts are with you at this roller coaster time.

We have travel insurance but don't know it it'll cover. We'd still want to go even if it's possible to cancel as long as Polynesia permits and the cruise line sails. I know you are stuck in a far worse position. You obviously are a happy-go-lucky very positive lady from reading your posts. Know you'll make lemon from lemonade.

Edited by Petoonya
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, pingpong1 said:

Hello Everyone - I realize that this is the Oceania board and NOT the Regent board.  However, they are "sister cruise lines" and both answer to the same "higher corporate power".  Regent just issued the following cancellation policy for all cruises beginning between April 3 and Nov 1 of 2020.  I wonder if we might expect Oceania to announce the same "customer-friendly" policy, shortly? Best Regards.

"Effective immediately, Regent Seven Seas Cruises is providing you greater confidence with Regent Reassurance. For all voyages beginning April 3, 2020, through November 1, 2020, you can now cancel up to 30 days prior to sailing and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit, which can be applied to a new booking within one year on any 2020 or 2021 Regent voyage.

Regent Reassurance begins today and applies to all existing bookings plus new bookings made by April 30, 2020, on all voyages from April 3, 2020, through November 1, 2020."

1 hour ago, pingpong1 said:

It will be extremely interesting to see if Oceania do the same thing . As you say they are the same parent company, but NCL do not have this clause so maybe you only get protection like this  if you are on a luxury line??   

I have since posting looked on the Regent site and can find no information at all about the virus or their travel advisories. Could be unfamiliarity with their site but it is well hidden! 

29 minutes ago, jo-b said:

I have since posting looked on the Regent site and can find no information at all about the virus or their travel advisories. Could be unfamiliarity with their site but it is well hidden! 

FWIW, you guys overseas probably see a different Website than we do in North America.

26 minutes ago, StanandJim said:

FWIW, you guys overseas probably see a different Website than we do in North America.

So they don’t have to warn Brits? 😷😳😷

The travel advisory is fairly discreet on the O site but it is there, I can’t see anything at all on the Regent site. 

18 minutes ago, jo-b said:

So they don’t have to warn Brits? 😷😳😷

The travel advisory is fairly discreet on the O site but it is there, I can’t see anything at all on the Regent site. 

Just saying that one cannot compare apples to apples about what is or isn't on each Site, as we are probably looking at different Sites with different content.  

Just received this in an email from Seabourn:

SEABOURN'S
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE POLICY

Our officers, staff and crew would love to welcome you on board one of our ships in any of the more than 400 destinations we will visit in 2020 or beyond. To assist you with your travel plans, Seabourn has introduced a temporary exception to our normal cancellation policy. Please be assured, the safety and security of our Seabourn guests and staff is always our first priority.

Seabourn’s Book with Confidence policy is valid now through April 30, 2020.

Coverage: All existing bookings and new bookings made now through April 30, 2020 for sailings departing between April 1 and October 15, 2020.

Policy: Guests will be able to cancel up to 30 days prior to departure and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit of any monies paid to Seabourn that are currently within cancellation fees.

The Future Cruise Credit is valid for bookings made within 90 days* for any published sailing departing prior to December 31, 2021.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jo-b said:

If you go to very bottom of site under Resources -do you see it?

3 hours ago, cruisingxpert said:

If you go to very bottom of site under Resources -do you see it?

I don’t like this from their Advisory:

“Guests who are denied boarding will be issued a refund for monies paid for their cruise- only expenditures in the form of a 100% Future Cruise Credit when they provide proof of travel.”

If I were stuck on the quayside, having been denied boarding, I’d like my cold, hard cash back thank you, as I tried to work out my next move. This is assuming I’d shown up to check in, unaware that I was running a slight fever.  Pax in this situation should be treated differently to those who knowingly traveled through the no-go countries. A FCC is not playing fair in the first instance. 

12 hours ago, Verokaren said:

Karen,

I really hope you don't cancel! If you get a doctors note certifying your good health on Tuesday and fly out on Thursday you should be perfectly fine. I hope you've seen the following from the FP Ministery of Health and Prevention. https://mcusercontent.com/56740bd7d6228c84d4c1626c6/files/7fa2fae0-a5d8-47a5-a7c8-254bd9da2be8/EN_Coronavirus_Information_note_March_4th_2020.pdf

Edited by Petoonya

7 hours ago, cruisingaussies said:

Just received this in an email from Seabourn:

SEABOURN'S
BOOK WITH CONFIDENCE POLICY

Our officers, staff and crew would love to welcome you on board one of our ships in any of the more than 400 destinations we will visit in 2020 or beyond. To assist you with your travel plans, Seabourn has introduced a temporary exception to our normal cancellation policy. Please be assured, the safety and security of our Seabourn guests and staff is always our first priority.

Seabourn’s Book with Confidence policy is valid now through April 30, 2020.

Coverage: All existing bookings and new bookings made now through April 30, 2020 for sailings departing between April 1 and October 15, 2020.

Policy: Guests will be able to cancel up to 30 days prior to departure and receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit of any monies paid to Seabourn that are currently within cancellation fees.

The Future Cruise Credit is valid for bookings made within 90 days* for any published sailing departing prior to December 31, 2021.

Have not seen this yet in my in-box but good reason to like Seabourn.

What I would like to know, if people take these cancellation offers for FCC and then the cruiselines cancel the cruise, do we get our MONEY back?  Are the cruise lines giving the FCC just to keep our money when they know they are cancelling the cruise anyway?

Some of the cruise lines are saying you have to cancel 30 days before you cruise.  I would be very unhappy if I cancelled for the FCC and the cruise line ends up canceling the entire cruise.

3 hours ago, bbtondo said:

What I would like to know, if people take these cancellation offers for FCC and then the cruiselines cancel the cruise, do we get our MONEY back?  Are the cruise lines giving the FCC just to keep our money when they know they are cancelling the cruise anyway?

Some of the cruise lines are saying you have to cancel 30 days before you cruise.  I would be very unhappy if I cancelled for the FCC and the cruise line ends up canceling the entire cruise.

I think that is exactly what is happening, of necessity decisions about cancellation or change of itinerary are being made as near to sail date as possible. If the customer opts for peace of mind 30 days or more ahead they are not out of pocket (providing the cruise company stays in business) but the company doesn't lose all the money immediately. It makes business sense.

The choice is down to the individual. I suppose it depends on how much of a risk taker you are, both health wise and financial.