Re: COVID-19 global impact

Toranut97

22 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Marina is now in South America, scheduled for a TATL arriving in Lisnbon April 18. That's my ship for the Baltics June 26. I hope the ship makes it to Europe and Baltic cruises are still going.

Don't hold your breath ,I think by 18th April all ports in Europe will be closed to cruise ships -----just my opinion.

i am booked on  Marina in May and am not hopeful of the cruise sailing from Barcelona.

30 minutes ago, roger b said:

Don't hold your breath ,I think by 18th April all ports in Europe will be closed to cruise ships -----just my opinion.

i am booked on  Marina in May and am not hopeful of the cruise sailing from Barcelona.

Spain is now closed to cruise ships. for 2 weeks. Sometimes these closures get extended.

https://www.cruise.blog/2020/03/spain-closes-ports-cruise-ships-two-weeks-avoid-spread-coronavirus

I have already looked at O's schedule for summer 2021 Baltic cruises. I can duplicate my current cruise next summer if I have to if this year is canceled.

I just received an email from a friend in Denmark.  Everything is shut down there for the next 14 days.

She is not in Copenhagen.  She lives in Silkeborg -- actually a few miles outside of it -- which is about 40 kms from Aarhus.  So not at all a large city.

Mura

2 minutes ago, Mura said:

I just received an email from a friend in Denmark.  Everything is shut down there for the next 14 days.

She is not in Copenhagen.  She lives in Silkeborg -- actually a few miles outside of it -- which is about 40 kms from Aarhus.  So not at all a large city.

Mura

Oh I loved our day trip to Silkeborg

Probably a good plan for places to lock the doors   they are closing a lot of  events in Toronto now

1 hour ago, Mura said:

I just saw on another thread that Marina is going into drydock this Sunday (3/15/20) and the next cruise is cancelled.  This was announced on the ship by the Captain.

I believe Marina was already scheduled for a short dry dock after going to Europe before Baltic cruises began. I wonder where the dry dock will be on shirt notice? Where is Marina now?

6 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I believe Marina was already scheduled for a short dry dock after going to Europe before Baltic cruises began. I wonder where the dry dock will be on shirt notice? Where is Marina now?

Marina is in Lima and will leave for Barcelona with no passengers for the dry dock , going through the Panama Canal and on to Barcelona .

Just released today - Canadian officials have banned all large cruise ships (450+ passengers & crew) from ALL Canadian ports until July 1st. This has an Alaskan impact - not only for those embarking or disembarking in Vancouver but also those sailing out of Seattle and San Francisco due to the cabotage laws.