Bathtubs on Nieuw Statendam

nanrust

I was looking through old posts for info on the NS and saw a discussion about there not being tubs in any rooms other than specific Neptune Suites. Can anyone confirm this information? We currently have a spa OV room booked, but thought about upgrading to a Signature Suite with the tub being a perk. Any room layouts I find online show that the Signatures have tubs too. 

1 minute ago, crystalspin said:

I see Signature Suites and Family Oceanviews (as well as the upper level Suites) showing tubs.

You might look for specific cabins on halfacts.com with photos of the bath.

That's what I was finding too. That's why I got so confused when I saw the other discussion. Thank you for responding!

There is a tub in the family oceanview but it is tiny.  I posted on halfacts for 1021 on the Nieuw Statendam.  There's a photo of the tub near the bottom of the listing.  A standard bath mat is in the tub which should give a perspective of how small it is.

Roy

3 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

There is a tub in the family oceanview but it is tiny.  I posted on halfacts for 1021 on the Nieuw Statendam.  There's a photo of the tub near the bottom of the listing.  A standard bath mat is in the tub which should give a perspective of how small it is.

Roy

That's a tiny tub!! 😬

Whirlpools, as far as I know, have never been in any class except suites.  Ocean View category and up had bathtubs on all the ships except for Pinnacle Class, which only has the tubs for suites.  We did not miss the tub at all in our balcony (VB) category the three times we've sailed on PC ships.  The shower is marvelously spacious with a dream of a shower head.  Trust me, you won't miss that tub.

• Like 1

Yes agreed with 7seas!  The shower on the Nieuw Statendam is heaven!  You will not miss a bathtub.  For me personally, I prefer the wonderful and spacious shower on the NS than one with a smaller / cramped tub any day of the week!

Edited by margar
  • Like 2

We were in 5104 which is a Vista Suite on our Mediterranean cruise this past October. I really enjoyed having only the shower versus the shower/tub combo which allowed it to be larger, plus it had a glass door instead of the plastic curtain.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

The bathtubs get bigger the higher the cabin category.  My husband loves a good soak with a good read.  When we are in a Vista Suite he doesn't quite fit but it's okay for him, when we are in a Neptune Suite (which has been a long time) he fits just fine.