Cruise price drop after final payment is made

Does anyone know if after we make our final cruise payment and our cruise price drops, will they give us the lower price?  over the last week, our cabins have dropped $500 each, but we have leverage given we are more than 90 days out and haven't made our final payment.  My concern is once we make our final payment, which is in 2 weeks,  we are locked in and wont get the lower prices if they continue to drop.

Option B is to cancel the cruise, loose $100 per cabin, the other $400 goes to a FCC and see what happens with the pricing.  The risk there is we loose $100 per cabin which is no big deal given we have more than made up for that over the last week with the price drops.  Or we cant get the cabins we want as we get closer to the cruise, but from what i have been reading here, seems like a lot of people are cancelling and we may actually end up getting a better cabin for the same price.

Thoughts?

Edited by 20165

No price drops after Royals final payment date.  You can upgrade to a better cabin though if the price on that drops.

Personally I would never try your option B unless you are prepared to not cruise, pay more or have a worse cabin.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

If you agreed to a price and were happy with it, when you booked it, then it does no good to go and check the price after the final due date. All that does is cause undo stress.

Be thankful for the price drop you did get before final payment.

Edited by crzndeb

So you didn't really come here to get some preaching about agreeing to a price, yada yada yada.   You want a strategy.

First go to Royal's site and check the price of your specific cruise using all available crown and anchor, residency and age discounts.

Check to see how many cabins are available in your category.

If there are quite a few available, then your plan is probably sound.

Create a bookmark to your specific cruise and check it every day.  It's really easy.  When you see that your cabin type may be getting sparse, you can jump in again.

Prices can move either way pretty frequently.  You do have $400 cushion right now.

You would think in this environment prices would probably be falling but that will depend on where you are sailing and how full your ship is now.

I check the price of my cruise a couple of times a day by clicking my bookmark....very easy.

You can always rebook.  Good luck.

1 hour ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

So you didn't really come here to get some preaching about agreeing to a price, yada yada yada.   You want a strategy.

First go to Royal's site and check the price of your specific cruise using all available crown and anchor, residency and age discounts.

Check to see how many cabins are available in your category.

If there are quite a few available, then your plan is probably sound.

Create a bookmark to your specific cruise and check it every day.  It's really easy.  When you see that your cabin type may be getting sparse, you can jump in again.

Prices can move either way pretty frequently.  You do have $400 cushion right now.

You would think in this environment prices would probably be falling but that will depend on where you are sailing and how full your ship is now.

I check the price of my cruise a couple of times a day by clicking my bookmark....very easy.

You can always rebook.  Good luck.

Thanks Longhorn, great advise.  As for the other postings about be happy with what i got, I made this booking way before the corona virus and was happy with the price, but now, not so much.  Wouldnt break my heart of we didn't go and if we are able to get a deal maybe closer to the cruise date, then great, we'll go.

Thanks again

You're going to reprice now to the lower price, before final payment, right? At least lock that in, maybe it won't go down much more. Then after final payment change your strategy to upgrading to the best cabin you can get without paying more money. That's just me, I would value a cabin upgrade more than a lower price. 

I say book a room and then hope for price drops with an upgrade. This is easier of course if you book a balcony or less as you will then have room to maneuver.  This exact scenario happened to me when our cruise dropped $1500 due to the coronavirus.  I couldn't get a refund or onboard credit and at the time the next available upgrade wasn't available (connected balconies as we have kids in my second room), but with persistence I was able to upgrade to a suite for less than half of the bidding upgrades which in my opinion was a great value.  So if you have ever wanted a suit, this may be your opportunity.

• Like 1