Question for Bonnie re: Italy

momof3runners

Momof3runners,

Not Bonnie but the advisory reads

These temporary safety precautions will remain in place for a projected period of 30 days

Your Med cruise starts after this thirty day window.  One must assume that the advisory's author feels that the coronavirus situation in Italy will miraculously improve after the thirty day period expires.

8 minutes ago, Wheelhouse said:

Momof3runners,

These temporary safety precautions will remain in place for a projected period of 30 days

Your Med cruise starts after this thirty day window.  One must assume that the advisory's author feels that the coronavirus situation in Italy will miraculously improve after the thirty day period expires.

Wow, I wish I had their crystal ball!!

The World Health Organisation's rather accurate crystal ball tells us that countries around the world should be prepared for significant disruption over the next several months. Azamara's statements intended to help and reassure guests is completely inadequate. Time for them to get real!

Edited by Spursgirl
  • Like 5

Italy is now the third highest infected country, behind South Korea with 769 cases reported in the last 24 hour period. 
I get the feeling that Azamara don’t really care about their passengers or their staff, even though they will tell you so, it’s all about the finances!! 
I’m sure I’m not the only one concerned about embarking in Italy next month. 

02D3EE43-2E91-494A-9F84-C4A207A6A527.png

Note that numbers identified depends very much on the level of testing taking place, so this table may well be inaccurate for some countries e.g. the US where there is little testing taking place, especially given that, as I understand it, you have to pay for a test there.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Wheelhouse said:

Momof3runners,

It is not helpful to be snarky. I assume, instead, that the advisory's authors are waiting on additional information, hence the "projected." 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

Note that numbers identified depends very much on the level of testing taking place, so this table may well be inaccurate for women countries e.g. the US where there is little testing taking place, especially given that, as I understand it, you have to pay for a test there.

Italy are certainly doing more testing than Iran. 
Still, cruises going in and out of Venice in the month of  April is very concerning considering Azamara’s travel advisory. I think they need to make some decisions very quickly in regards to Italy. 

7 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

e.g. the US where there is little testing taking place, especially given that, as I understand it, you have to pay for a test there.

All tests in the U.S. should be covered by health insurance now, but there are simply not a sufficient number of tests available. On another forum, I’ve read posts by exposed, but asymptomatic people who can’t get tested. They may be contagious, but have no way of knowing, so are going to work, going out socially, conceivably getting on cruise ships. COVID-19 will have an interesting evolution here.

Melissa 

I expect Azamara will come up with something similar to what Princess is offering.   With Azamara's new generous cancellation policy it  might not hurt to wait. 

Princess policy

For our guests booked on Crown Princess Mediterranean itineraries, we are finalizing some itinerary changes and a special offer that we will be sharing early next week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

RCCL just posted their policy.  You may cancel your cruise up to 48 hours before sailing for a full refund in the form a credit that can be used on any sailing in 2020 and 2021.

I believe the RCCL cancellation policy also stipulates that your cruise must be scheduled to depart on or before July 31, 2020.

• Like 1