New requires temperature taken at port

18 minutes ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

If one person in your party is denied boarding, does FCC apply to those in your group but not in the same cabin?  Would your reservations have to be linked? 

A lot would most likely depend on the age and relationship of the others in your party.  Roysl has not provided any information regarding this. 

Glad they are starting testing. We leave on March 20th. Will be interested to see if ship sales at capacity. Last I checked ship was sold out. Everyone has to decide for themselves. Wife and I feel good with our decision.

We will also book a future cruise on board.

12 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

I am sailing on the Harmony this Sunday and I received it too.  I have no problem with them checking temperatures and hope this will prompt people who are sick to call the day before.

Same here, @TNcruising02. Sailing on Harmony on March 8th. I wonder what they are doing differently regarding checked bags that the porters take curbside. If we are denied boarding I don't want to leave the port without my bags returned to me! I imagine it could take hours to get the bags back.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, lovelife said:

I'm currently on my third consecutive cruise. No email from RCI. No screenings - just asked if we've been to a couple particular countries.

The temp screening was to start today so you wouldn’t have had any temp screening for your cruises.

my wife and I both got emails and text messages on our cell phones yesterday.

42 minutes ago, later said:

The temp screening was to start today so you wouldn’t have had any temp screening for your cruises.

my wife and I both got emails and text messages on our cell phones yesterday.

Yes, I understand. I was just reporting the non-screening we have experienced to date and that neither of us received the virus-related emails others got for their February sailings (unrelated to temp scans).  Thanks.

Music to my ears! Bring on the testing! I fully support whatever measures are necessary to keep these cruises safe. It's sad but we just can't trust people to be honest about their sneeze, cough or temp.

I completely agree and trust Royal to keep us safe. However I do believe that there are going to be some people with allergies who are denied boarding. And I don’t think that is fair either. My oldest is highly allergic to Bradford Pear trees, which just so happened to bloom this week. If she were going on the cruise I would be upset if she were denied boarding. But she isn’t. The joys of having an empty nest [emoji23]. Also I would hate for someone from say the mid west to fly in and realize one they are here in the south that they are allergic to what ever is blooming.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums