What's It Like Onboard Now?

SusieV

We are supposed to board Saturday for a multigenerational family trip. We've been following things closely.

At this time, we are still planning to go. But I'm wondering, what is it like onboard? Is it business as usual, with additional sanitizing, or are things more anxious? 

I want to go if it's going to be a fun and relaxing trip, and so far all members of our family are willing to risk the possibility of quarantine, etc. But is the onboard experience going to be OK? 

• Like 1

Boarded Equinox yesterday.  Pretty much business as usual.  Dining room had lots of empty tables but we’ve seen that before on the first night. One byproduct is that people actually seem to be using the hand sanitizers.... 

Will come back and post if anything changes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RickT said:

Boarded Equinox yesterday.  Pretty much business as usual.  Dining room had lots of empty tables but we’ve seen that before on the first night. One byproduct is that people actually seem to be using the hand sanitizers.... 

Will come back and post if anything changes.

Thanks Rick, I appreciate that. (I think I remember you from my very first cruise in 2005 on Summit!)

If it's business as usual, we definitely want to go.

Just got off an Equinox back to back yesterday. Everything was business as usual except for a missed port in Samana ( subject of another thread yesterday). We did see more hand sanitizer stations, and they seemed to be used with greater frequency than our previous cruises. 

Edited by mom says
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, KAE27 said:

On Infinity right now, and I agree with others that it seems like business as usual, but with more sanitizing.  People I’ve met have seemed happy and relaxed.

Glad to hear this. We board her tomorrow!!

1 minute ago, cbfb said:

Glad to hear this. We board her tomorrow!!

Have a wonderful trip!  I hadn’t been on this ship before and wasn’t sure what to expect due to her age, but she’s in great shape!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KAE27 said:

Have a wonderful trip!  I hadn’t been on this ship before and wasn’t sure what to expect due to her age, but she’s in great shape!

Thank you!! That’s great to hear, we haven’t either! 

• Like 1

Hi Rick ~ thanks for taking the time to post!  I'm sailing with a group on Thursday.  Trying to keep everyone upbeat.  I believe the cruise lines are doing everything they can to keep us safe and healthy.  Now we just need passengers to do their part. Don't go if you are sick, wash your hands - often, be smart and be considerate.  Wishing those continuing to cruise (like us) have a safe, healthy and enjoyable cruise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My husband and I just got off Summit yesterday and with the exception of one guy making a crack about Covid-19 while ordering a bucket of Corona, nobody even mentioned it! There were more announcements asking everyone to be diligent with hand washing and using hand sanitizers, and I did see more crew around the ship cleaning down hand railings, elevator buttons, etc, but otherwise it was the same fun environment on board that we've always experienced. We had a great time, as I'm sure you will!

• Like 3

I am on Equinox this week. All is well. We stopped at Costa Maya today: no issues with docking. Cozumel tomorrow.

We are washing our hands frequently. I brought a pump bottle of soap from home for the cabin. Makes washing a breeze.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

I am on Equinox this week. All is well. We stopped at Costa Maya today: no issues with docking. Cozumel tomorrow.

We are washing our hands frequently. I brought a pump bottle of soap from home for the cabin. Makes washing a breeze.

Thanks for the update.   Sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise.   Has the weather been cooperating?

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks for the update.   Sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise.   Has the weather been cooperating?

Yes, for the most part. Between KW (where we didn't stop) and Costa Maya, seas were 2.5-3.5 meters with a chop that made it a little rough. But it's been mostly sunny; today was lovely. 🌞