How long until Cunard cancels the order for the 4th ship?

ace2542

1 hour ago, SilverHengroen said:

Regarding being pushed back, unlikely but does anyone have any concrete information about whether the build is currently completely stopped, or proceeding at a reduced pace? Meyer Werft are continuing with the fitting out of Iona for P&O currently - but obviously she is far further along being structurally complete. 

I'm no French expert, but it sounds stopped to me.

https://france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr/pays-de-la-loire/saint-nazaire-chantiers-atlantique-reprendront-travail-partir-du-11-mai-voire-du-27-avril-si-1816328.html

2 hours ago, SilverHengroen said:

Regarding being pushed back, unlikely but does anyone have any concrete information about whether the build is currently completely stopped, or proceeding at a reduced pace? Meyer Werft are continuing with the fitting out of Iona for P&O currently - but obviously she is far further along being structurally complete. 

Here are a couple links to press releases from Fincantieri indicating work at the shipyard has been suspended since March 16th.

https://www.fincantieri.com/en/media/press-releases/2020/production-activities-to-be-suspended-for-two-weeks/

https://www.fincantieri.com/en/media/press-releases/2020/stoppage-of-production-activity-further-extended/

My source/s in Carnival House UK , who are working on this new build, have reliably informed me ( today 23rd April) )  that Cunard's new build will not be cancelled, however, it will certainly  be delayed  as expected.  

The team/s at shoreside,  ie those responsible for the  onboard product, interiors & venues etc are still working daily on the new project. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Bell Boy said:

My source/s in Carnival House UK , who are working on this new build, have reliably informed me ( today 23rd April) )  that Cunard's new build will not be cancelled, however, it will certainly  be delayed  as expected.  

The team/s at shoreside,  ie those responsible for the  onboard product, interiors & venues etc are still working daily on the new project. 

Hi, 

It is great news that the ship will not be cancelled.  

Chuck 

Guest SilverHengroen
On 4/22/2020 at 10:42 PM, bluemarble said:

Thank you, I thought with the situation in North Italy it was quite unlikely the yard wasn't more or less shuttered. 

Guest SilverHengroen

@Host HattieIndeed, but for clarity what I meant to say: With the severity of the virus outbreak in Northern Italy, and the resulting strict, country-wide lockdown imposed from the 9th March, it appeared unlikely that the yard would have remained at work on the ship over the intervening weeks. 

I can see why my original phrasing might have led to some confusion 🙂

Edited by SilverHengroen