Sky Princess stopping at Amber Cove for supplies

hllwdcruiser

The Captain just announced we will be stopping at Amber Cove for supplies out of an abundance of caution. 

Although he emphasized that there are no cases of COVID -19 onboard, there will be testing conducted before we are allowed to disembark. 

We are supposed to arrive in PE as scheduled on Saturday morning and the stop in Amber Cove should only take approx 1 hour. 

I will keep you updated as I learn more. 

Edited by hllwdcruiser
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

The Captain just announced we will be stopping at Amber Cove for supplies out of an abundance of caution. 

Although he emphasized that there are no cases of COVID -19 onboard, there will be testing conducted before we are allowed to disembark. 

We are supposed to arrive in PE as scheduled on Saturday morning and the stop in Amber Cove should only take approx 1 hour. 

I will keep you updated as I learn more. 

Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

Did he say what supplies they will be picking up, test kits for COVID perhaps?  Hope all goes well.

He did not. As of this moment I have reported on all that I have heard so far. 

• Like 1

We are currently at the Captain’s cocktail party.

We actually never docked at Amber Cove The Pilot boat just dropped off some test kits. 

The Captain explained that they picked up the kits just as a precaution. No one has symptoms on the ship that they know of. They are trying to avoid a situation where we aren’t allowed to dock in PE and then we have to wait for a helicopter to bring the kits on. 
He assured us that we are on schedule to dock in PE on time on Saturday. 
So far, so good!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hllwdcruiser said:

We are currently at the Captain’s cocktail party.

We actually never docked at Amber Cove The Pilot boat just dropped off some test kits. 

The Captain explained that they picked up the kits just as a precaution. No one has symptoms on the ship that they know of. They are trying to avoid a situation where we aren’t allowed to dock in PE and then we have to wait for a helicopter to bring the kits on. 
He assured us that we are on schedule to dock in PE on time on Saturday. 
So far, so good!

So, is everyone at the Captains party practicing social distancing?  Hand shaking?

6 minutes ago, Justalone said:

So, is everyone at the Captains party practicing social distancing?  Hand shaking?

No hand shaking. Everyone is being as careful as possible but social distancing is kind of hard on a cruise ship...Early show of Rock Opera is packed. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LAS!!1414 said:

We are on the Sky -- our room stewart said this am that they will remain on the ship for the 2 months -- cleaning, etc.

In light of the situation,  the crew has been fantastic !!   

hopefully the crew bar will remain open and free internet for all !!

tell Junella, Julius and Ajay - hey , see ya in the fall

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MidGaCruzers said:

I hope Princess “ quarantines” the crew in the suites, minis and balconies if they stay on. Hope they get to enjoy the ships like we do when we all get to cruise.

Would cost little and they deserve the opportunity.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was thinking similar thoughts. There's also a practical side to this. Currently most of the crew shares cabins with other members. Separating them in passenger cabins should help with reducing the spread of any sickness. Of course the Diamond Princess says otherwise however in this case the density of people is greatly reduced so it may be more effective.

Edited by beg3yrs
typo