Silver Shadow

Lirio

Actually  his22  we are all trying to stay  negative - lol.

Yes his22  we are all  happy for your  sister and wish her  a speedy recovery. 

It is not much fun being  ill  in a  foreign  hospital. I  hope she  has  someone to be with her and  keep her spirits  up.

Our  latest news  half an  hour ago from the  Captain  is that there is no  news and  no further exercise  sessions in the fresh  air.

Ah well, more  lobster an d champagne  I  suppose.[never though t I  would get sick of  it ]

• Haha 2

Hello all, I am the 2nd passenger that was taken off ship. Reports and results have been very confusing. The ship told me my test results before the drs did!! I'm very shocked at that. I did not have appendicitis symptoms. I had high fever and abdominal and chest pain.

An earlier message said that if they had had temp of 40 C they would not have been able to lift a finger let alone sed a message.i can ay that at that point I was hallucinating and it took several days before I was able to send a message and then it was to the first person in message list. She then got information to others and they were then able to contact my sister. 

I am sorry that the ship is in lockdown but at least you have food etc. I have only meals that have gone cold before I get them, no coffee, no tea. Just bottled water to drink and it is room temperature. I'm getting IV antibiotics and they make me feel sick and I'm alone. Few nurses speak english so it's a lonely time for me. I'd love to hear Moss's voice. 

Now that I've found this forum I'll check in regularly. Best wishes to all of you, esp the lovely people on our trivia team. 

Roma

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Thaxted333 said:

Hello all, I am the 2nd passenger that was taken off ship. Reports and results have been very confusing. The ship told me my test results before the drs did!! I'm very shocked at that. I did not have appendicitis symptoms. I had high fever and abdominal and chest pain.

An earlier message said that if they had had temp of 40 C they would not have been able to lift a finger let alone sed a message.i can ay that at that point I was hallucinating and it took several days before I was able to send a message and then it was to the first person in message list. She then got information to others and they were then able to contact my sister. 

I am sorry that the ship is in lockdown but at least you have food etc. I have only meals that have gone cold before I get them, no coffee, no tea. Just bottled water to drink and it is room temperature. I'm getting IV antibiotics and they make me feel sick and I'm alone. Few nurses speak english so it's a lonely time for me. I'd love to hear Moss's voice. 

Now that I've found this forum I'll check in regularly. Best wishes to all of you, esp the lovely people on our trivia team. 

Roma

Your not alone,

Everyone on the board is with you even if not physically. 

It's good you are starting to feel better, not so good about the cold meals or room temp water.  Hopefully you keep an internet connection.  

I'd love to stay and chat but I'm right at the beginning what will be another chaotic day at the coalface juggling changes and making personalised adjustments for everyone in my workplace affected by this "little bugger"

Get really well soon!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thaxted333 said:

Roma

It has been an awful experience for you and I understand that you must feel quite along and isolated.  Keep in contact through the forum if you can.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

21 minutes ago, Thaxted333 said:

Roma

Hi Roma, we are all here with..(((((hugs)))))  you.  And being a virtual hug is the best way for now!!!!!!!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Thaxted333 said:

Roma

Hi Roma, I hope you get better soon and would be able to fly back home. I wish you all the best and hope you get a good service from the hospital you are in.

Hi Roma,

At last  now we know who  you are!

Are you the Roma who was with we  singles .I thought I  had seen you fairly  recently.

Maybe there were  two  Romas  aboard.

Yes, I  thought  you  might be  lonely. Which  hospital  are  you  in? Iam sorry  about th e food. Here on the  ship  we have to  eat in  our  cabins, alone, bu t generally it is  a pretty good, but  limited  menu. Spacemen ring the bell and  scuttle  off as  we  answer and  bring  our food  in. I feel for  you re  the tea and  coffee.  I thought there was " an  awful  lot of coffee in  Brazil."

We  still don't  know what is  happening,  how  long we  will be  here, we are  not allowed  on  deck any  more [I  suspect it is because  people  did  get too close- I  saw  it and  worried ]. I doubt we  will ever reach the USA and  I  have been on the  net cancelling g flights, tours and  attractions. I don't  know how  I  will ever  get back to Australia. There are  22 Australians  abroad- not enough for  a charter on a big plane and  I don't think small passenger planes would be  available to cross the Pacific

Get well soon.

• Like 1

Unfortunatelly the situation is geting worse day by day. Several countries have closed their boards and almost all airline companies are cancelling their flights everywhere.

I hope for the best for those of you inside your cabins, I wish I could do something to help.

According to the following news, Brazilian Health Authority requested that each country repatriate their citizens in Silver Shadow. From this article, it seems that the Brazilian authorities are pressuring countries to solve the situation.

https://www1.folha.uol.com.br/equilibrioesaude/2020/03/contra-coronavirus-governo-quer-que-paises-retirem-turistas-em-cruzeiro-no-recife.shtml

Thank you all so much for your messages, hugs and humour. Yes I am the Roma from the solos group, I doubt there are two on board 😄. That's why I put my name on the end, so that you would recognise me. I do understand that life on board is pretty limited. Mind you, a glass of anything alcoholic would be great just now. It was very strange going taken into an ambulance by space men, but they had to be careful. 

I managed (well, my sister in the UK managed) to get in touch with the Embassy here. I have received the letter sent to all Britush passengers but it is unlikely that I will ge able to return home at the same time due to the pneumonia. It depends how long you have to wait for. The Embassy phoned me this afternoon so it was good to be in touch with them directly. 

I am being well looked after medically speaking. I too thought there was a lot of coffee in Brazil but I'm pleased to say that one of the drs arranged for me to get a cup of hot coffee, yum!

Please take care all of you, try not to be too frustrated by the curtailment of our holiday. We will all hopefully have another cruise with SS at a later date. I have one booked for next year. Stay in touch with me, my prayers and the prayers of my church at home are with us all. 

Roma

• Like 5

Roma, I always sail solo and would love to meet you on a cruise one day!:classic_smile: Hopefully our posts have helped a bit

and I do hope you get well very soon.

Dear Roma,

You are such  a positive person. A good sign.

Get well quickly.

I would not be surprised if you get home before  we do, the way things are going.

If there are  any  other  Australians  aboard [I  know we  number 22]  I would love any news you can give about what our consulate is doing? Maybe if we  get  together we would have  more  power?

I  think we  will be going  home direct from Brazil, other countries  closing their  borders [and we  are  tainted].. How do we  do  it ????

I am  on 426 [ cabin]

I would like to give a big thank you to the Captain, Officers and all the crew for still going to the limits and beyond. As from tonight they have implemented a new way of ordering and receiving food. It means that the hot dishes are starting to arrive with heat still in them. The CREW continue to be polite, professional and efficient in these ever awkward and challenging times. When you consider that they too will have worries about the family back home and their future contracts. Silversea to date have always looked after their crew and to date it has been a pleasure to board again and again seeing crew members still with Silversea and indeed some of their children coming into the family. This, and this alone is what Silversea is all about. WELL DONE OFFICERS and CREW in this very challenging time. When normality resumes sailing again with Silversea will be a priority.

• Like 7

We  were once  but  not  again.

Th e Authorities  cancelled it. That is probably  what is on the news.

Personally I thought people were not always  observing the mandatory  distance  so that may be why it was stopped.

Also, I was surprised it was only 1  metre apart and  not two.

Thank you. 

According to the news, charter flights are being arranged for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.

https://www.em.com.br/app/noticia/internacional/2020/03/16/interna_internacional,1129517/passageiros-de-cruzeiro-em-quarentena-no-brasil-poderao-voltar-a-seus.shtml

Edited by Lirio
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Roma, I always sail solo and would love to meet you on a cruise one day!:classic_smile: Hopefully our posts have helped a bit

and I do hope you get well very soon.

Hi Lois R

I always travel solo therefore it would be good to meet up at some stage. What country are you from?

Airlines  are  cancelling and  reducing services world wide.

Our Prime  Minister has  warned if  Australians don't go  home soon  they may  not be able to get  home at all.

Let's  hope  Silverseas and  consulates get something  going soon as  I am sure  other  countries  have the same situation looming.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaxted333 said:

Hi Lois R

I always travel solo therefore it would be good to meet up at some stage. What country are you from?

I am from The USA...…..I live in the state of Florida.

I just  got some sense in a  phone call to the  SS agent  in Sydney. She  said that SS is trying to arrange  a charter, at their expense, to get us back  home.  She also says  that Silverseas  on  the voyages  cancelled has  offered  a future  voyage of  possibly greater  value as  compensation.

It is likely  this  will  happen with  us.

This should help with  our disappointment. My Air New Zealand flight out of  Houston has been cancelled and  I am offered  to make  another  booking with no  re-booking charges, or take  a credit for the future.

I  think  a lot of  airlines will fail so  I hope Air New  Zealand [my favourite] does not.

Other  nationalities wil  lprobably  have  the same.