First Time Cancel-er

jjs217

Where do we find our FCC on the Seabourn Cruise site?  Or, do they send us a coupon?  A code?  I'm a little confused (not unusual).  Also, I am one of those who have only received a partial refund for my canceled shore excursions, but there is no rhyme or reason for the amount refunded.  Is this usual?  

Thank you in advance for your help.

45 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

Also, I am one of those who have only received a partial refund for my canceled shore excursions, but there is no rhyme or reason for the amount refunded.

I had a similar issue until it was pointed out to me that all but two excursions were booked on the same card - I assumed that they were all on the same card. Thus the missing refunds were found on that other card.

We've cancelled today and expect a FCC.  But like jjs217, I am puzzled as to where to find it.  We were told it would be posted to our accounts, but where?  Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, tv24 said:

We've cancelled today and expect a FCC.  But like jjs217, I am puzzled as to where to find it.  We were told it would be posted to our accounts, but where?  Thanks in advance.

If you  are entitled to a Future Cruise Credit it will be attached to your Seabourn club number.  When you decide to re-book, you or your travel agent need to ask for the FCC to be applied to that booking.  There are terms and conditions (it can't be used for a deposit, for example)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, cruising kirby said:

If you  are entitled to a Future Cruise Credit it will be attached to your Seabourn club number.  When you decide to re-book, you or your travel agent need to ask for the FCC to be applied to that booking.  There are terms and conditions (it can't be used for a deposit, for example)

Agree with this. You won't 'see' it anywhere, unless you ask SB to send it in writing.

SB currently inundated re: phone calls/emails so suggest to delay any request to have confirmation in writing if you're able. 

38 minutes ago, jjs217 said:

Thank you for your responses.  I'll keep checking my Seabourn Club Account.  I believe the Seabourn Rep said it would take about 2 weeks.

Just keep in mind you may not see it in the account, the website is...quirky. 

And keep in mind the situation is unprecedented, and they just don't have the staff or systems in place to immediately process refunds, credits and rebookings for a month's worth of booked passengers. On top of all that, they have to move thousands of crew members, figure out what to do with their ships for 30 days, develop new itineraries, change berthing assignments in upcoming ports, re-route tons of supplies to new ports in different countries, etc. -- many months of logistical planning they have to re-do in days and weeks. I know it's hard to have a lot of patience with the cruise line holding tens of thousands of dollars of your money, but the reality is they're going to be overwhelmed and behind for awhile as they try to work through this.

Oh dear - I'm not complaining.  I just didn't know what to expect as this is the first time I have had to cancel a cruise.  I came to this site so as NOT to pester Seabourn at what I know is a very busy time.

@jjs217  I don't think anyone was saying you were complaining. There are a bunch of threads on this forum about cruises being cancelled, and some people have complained about not getting faster responses from Seabourn, receiving their refunds in a timely manner, or not being given good options about cancelling -- but it wasn't you. And, look, it's all understandable -- especially for people who were in transit, or due to depart shortly, and the rules kept changing on a daily basis. There are some things Seabourn definitely could have handled better early on, but much of it is beyond their control.

Hopefully this 30-day "pause" will now give everyone -- cruisers and Seabourn -- a moment to breathe and try to catch up to figuring out "what's next?".

Folks should consider that this stand-down of cruise ships may last until a vaccine is readily available.  The current end-dates of the stand-downs given by the various lines may just be a “throttling” of the rate of cancelations they have to deal with.  Watch for any of the lines extending their stand-down period....

On 3/13/2020 at 5:48 PM, cruising kirby said:

Hi

I've seen this mentioned elsewhere and it seems very odd to me that the FCC cannot be used for the deposit. If that's so, when/how do you get your deposit back if the FCC covers the full cost of the cruise?

And what happens if you have to cancel the substitute cruise? You lose the FCC PLUS the deposit you paid?

Edited by norm2002