What happens to staff on all ships?

FrankieSue

PE webcam map shows Nieuw Amsterdam heading slowly to Great Bahama Bank.  Others in  show next port Freeport. Disney ships show Coco Cay and Gorda Cay.  Several appear to be staying in Miami.

Will be interesting to see if any head toward Vancouver or Seattle. Wondering about Westerdam en-route from HNL

I imagine there will be a lot of deferred maintenance and perhaps some minor upgrades ahead of schedule.  These ships will be pristine after this for those lucky people who are on the first cruise. 

• Like 1

NEWS FLASH! We were to do SAILAWAY leaving Puerto Vallarta at 4 today. Captain came on the speaker to say we are to remain in port . From Corporate. My guess is we might just go back to San Diego. Captain says he will let us all know what is going on soon.

Will see!

Denise😊

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

NEWS FLASH! We were to do SAILAWAY leaving Puerto Vallarta at 4 today. Captain came on the speaker to say we are to remain in port . From Corporate. My guess is we might just go back to San Diego. Captain says he will let us all know what is going on soon.

Will see!

Denise😊

Darn. I'm sorry. We were told we weren't being cancelled til we were. I asked the captain about it and I felt he already knew, but couldn't say. I didn't even get to wear all my Gala dresses...

3 hours ago, The Other Tom said:

Just a guess, but ships will probably not "shelter in place" but rather go to their next port of embarkation when that has been determined.  The crew will remain on the ship and clean, clean, clean.  What is less clear is whether or not they'll be paid.  My guess is not, unfortunately.  They might get a little bit but it'll be less than their normal wage (which is normally paid by tips?).  Again, all guesses on my part. 

Yes, tips make a big part of crews’ wages... wine stewarts’ pay comes from a % of the bottles that they open... so wages will be greatly reduced.

Just now, Seasick Sailor said:

Darn. I'm sorry. We were told we weren't being cancelled til we were. I asked the captain about it and I felt he already knew, but couldn't say. I didn't even get to wear all my Gala dresses...

I know! I hope your flight will be a good one Joy! While I was taking a shower David said the captain came back on the speaker said The Port Authority and Carnival said to stay in port till further notice! He apologized and said in his 30 years he has never gone through what is going on . So tonight is Pinnacle Grill so for a few hours will forget and enjoy!

Take care my friend!

Our health is the most important!!

Oceania has been very good to us and we will book it all over again later!

Sincerely,

Denise😊

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gatour said:

A few ships will be "camping" in Jacksonville.  We normally have one ship that do cruises from Jaxport.  Three additional ship will be settling in...

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2020/03/14/jaxport-will-accommodate-florida-cruise-ships-displaced-due-to-covid-19-threat/

The Carnival Ecstasy ship normally embarks/and disembarks at a dedicated terminal, just west of the Dames Point bridge and that seems to be the case.

The NCL Norwegian Pearl will be at the Dames Point cargo terminal, also west of Dames Point

NCL Norwegian Sky will be at Tallyrand (historically a bulk cargo terminal) that farther west of the bridge

And Carnival Sensation will be at one of the Blount Island cargo docks.  This is east of the bridge.  Perhaps due to height limitations of passing under the bridge

Carnival Sensation is twin sister to Ecstasy so would easily fit under the bridge.  EM