Confirmed COVID - Celebrity Silhouette, Feb 23 - Mar 6 Southern Caribbean

spryder

8 hours ago, ihopfar said:

Seems most of the reports of health department contact and/or persons not feeling well are from Feb 23rd sailing of the Silhouette.

Any body having possible COVID symptoms or notification from the health department from the March 6th sailing?

Thanks!

Brad

It's Day 14 from March 6th.  My wife and I (both in our 70s) are symptom-free (and actually feeling pretty good).  Given our age, I cannot imagine having been a carrier and not actually succumbing to the virus.  We are VERY thankful.  We may still get ill from the virus, but it will not be from the cruise.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 8:58 AM, spryder said:

We have to remember that there was not much alarm going on from Feb 23-March 6.  I would know because friends and I flew to Las Vegas on March 11 on packed planes to watch a basketball tournament. At the same time there was a construction convention with over 100,000 attendees.  It was only on about March 13th that things started shifting quickly.  Unless this passenger was watching news via the internet he probably just thought he had a bad bug.

Was the cruise ship making lots of announcements about symptoms of covid and to report if you have any symptoms right away. I highly doubt it.  So, because of timing I give this passenger the benefit of the doubt.

Here are all the flights and cruise ships confirmed with Covid 19 from Canada’s government webpage.

Celebrity has two ships listed, and yet they are still silent about it. Hope everyone who was on this sailing is healthy and doing ok. 
https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice/exposure-flights-cruise-ships-mass-gatherings.html?fbclid=IwAR10XYZ68yHfK6KdY3rI9LhA209Xm50eCnnBcc5wrnJ9x1GLupwPuiPpTso#wb-auto-6

Edited by son3cruisers

So glad we did not go forward with booking the March-April cruises we had been considering. The news out of Hubei province back in January was enough to cause us to move slowly. Some might say we were pessimistic scaredy-cats. Others might say we were demonstrating cautious foresight and common sense. Oh well.

• Like 1

We were on the B2B February 23rd to March 15th, so our exposure doubled.  Celebrity notified us a few days ago that a passenger on the 2nd cruise had tested positive for covid-19 and gave us a list of instructions to follow.  When we returned home we decided on our own to self quarantine for 14 days because we were in contact with so many people for the 21 day sailing.  Today is day 12 of 14 and we have experienced no symptoms. 

Celebrity's lack of communication with us has made us wonder if we should cruise with them again next winter or ever again.  We had previously booked another 21 day B2B for 2021. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 14 months and counting said:

We were on the B2B February 23rd to March 15th, so our exposure doubled.  Celebrity notified us a few days ago that a passenger on the 2nd cruise had tested positive for covid-19 and gave us a list of instructions to follow.  When we returned home we decided on our own to self quarantine for 14 days because we were in contact with so many people for the 21 day sailing.  Today is day 12 of 14 and we have experienced no symptoms. 

Celebrity's lack of communication with us has made us wonder if we should cruise with them again next winter or ever again.  We had previously booked another 21 day B2B for 2021. 

First of all - thank you for being socially responsible and self-quarantining for 14 days.   You are awesome!

Secondly, good to hear that you are on Day 12 with no symptoms and wishing you continued good health and future safe travels.

1 hour ago, 14 months and counting said:

We thought that our quarantine was almost over  (Mar 6-15).  Last night my wife developed a fever and the local health nurse arranged for testing this morning.

6 minutes ago, Argo. said:

We thought that our quarantine was almost over  (Mar 6-15).  Last night my wife developed a fever and the local health nurse arranged for testing this morning.

oh no....hopefully this will be a 'normal' cold and if not, wishing her (and you if you also have contacted) a mild effect of the flu. 

Edited by oceangoer2

9 minutes ago, Argo. said:

I hope everything works out for your wife.  

On 3/29/2020 at 12:10 PM, Argo. said:

Best wishes to your wife.

Hope her test is negative!

My wife and I were on the 23 Feb-06 Mar run...and if it wasn''t for this message string I would never have known there was

any medical problem on this cruise...and apparently an earlier one too.   Celebrity has not said a word.

The Canadian authorities seem have been a lot more forthcoming in getting out info as to the travel modes and specifics than we in US can get out of our health authorities.  I applaud that approach.  

Did not interact with many at all, but know that a fair number of Canadians were on the ship.  Hope Argo's wife is only afflicted with a "much lesser bug,  if one identified in tests., and the outcome is absolutely positive. 

Best wishes.

PS: We also have a mid-August run on Celebrity on the books.  Outcome: TBD....

On 3/29/2020 at 12:10 PM, Argo. said:

We wish your wife a speedy recovery from whatever is causing her fever.