Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

From onboard:

UK passengers have been notified that HMG are facilitating repatriation from Fort Lauderdale on or soon after 4 April. Coral Princess will accommodate us until flight ready to leave. We will require transit ESTA. 

Final details will not be advised until much closer to arrival.

Some positive good news!

Edited by pb_uk
  • Like 5

52 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

From onboard:

UK passengers have been notified that HMG are facilitating repatriation from Fort Lauderdale on or soon after 4 April. Coral Princess will accommodate us until flight ready to leave. We will require transit ESTA. 

Some positive good news!

That’s great to hear. You had to believe Princess would work with authorities to make something happen and lots of regulations can be modified or bypassed in these unique days we are living through. Safe travels!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pb_uk said:

From onboard:

Some positive good news!

Such good news! You have such a great attitude but you must just want to get home. So glad to hear it will be facilitated.
We traveled a lot last year and to many of the areas now hard hit. We were happily on the Coral in January. Never like the long flights but travel was possible if not lovely. The cruise was well worth it. wow! But glad to be home! What a different world now.
We observed the Grand yesterday. Appears that quarantined crew still onboard. At least they have balconies now. We waved, no waves back. Am sure they just want to be home. Grateful that you are all healthy. You will disembark to a whole new world. 
Safe travels and thanks for your posts. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LandandWater said:

Such good news! You have such a great attitude but you must just want to get home. So glad to hear it will be facilitated.
We traveled a lot last year and to many of the areas now hard hit. We were happily on the Coral in January. Never like the long flights but travel was possible if not lovely. The cruise was well worth it. wow! But glad to be home! What a different world now.
We observed the Grand yesterday. Appears that quarantined crew still onboard. At least they have balconies now. We waved, no waves back. Am sure they just want to be home. Grateful that you are all healthy. You will disembark to a whole new world. 
Safe travels and thanks for your posts. 

I’m curious as to how you saw the Grand Princess as it’s anchored in San Francisco Bay?

23 minutes ago, LandandWater said:

By boat. 

FYI....Here’s the page that shows it’s anchored in San Francisco Bay where it went after offloading all of the passengers except the crew. 

image.thumb.jpeg.508ef82984ab48e252bcba6090be2587.jpegimage.thumb.png.0d31fe8421dbcaa3498d84bff0b696c3.png

Edited by trbarton
  • Like 1

Hi Tom,  How's it going?  So far we have two cruise cancelled and now waiting to hear if our May 13 is also a bust.   Crew friends still on Grand right now and all are working everyday.  Also heard from the Grand crew in the Philippines and those 446 that were sent home for their 14 days quarantine have one more days left before they get to return home.  See you down the line.   Stan

13 minutes ago, Gimer said:

Hi Tom,  How's it going?  So far we have two cruise cancelled and now waiting to hear if our May 13 is also a bust.   Crew friends still on Grand right now and all are working everyday.  Also heard from the Grand crew in the Philippines and those 446 that were sent home for their 14 days quarantine have one more days left before they get to return home.  See you down the line.   Stan

I’m doing fine. I’m involved with a Senior Center here & with the Oddfellows Organization but things are on hold for now. 

I’m booked on the Ruby in December to Hawaii from here. 

Interesting how someone could see the ship in Florida when it’s anchored here. 

How’s everything in the East Bay?

Tom😎

Tom, I'll be joining you, hopefully on the Ruby's Dec. 23, 2020 Hawaii cruise.  Hoo Rah !!!   Our Senior community here is in total lock down.  Every activities are closed down.  Even the rent-a-cops won't leave their shack.   The 4 swimming pools are down and even all the activities staff are off.  Our Safeway store shelves were  empty for 9 days and now that our seniors have stocked up on everything, the store manager is looking for people to come in to shop.  Just waiting those 9 days, there are now all the TP and other stuff I want and NO lines.   There are a few with regular flu and the pollen here is causing more havoc.   We'll make it.  Take care and stay healthy and be vigilant.   Stan  

16 hours ago, pb_uk said:

From onboard:

Some positive good news!

Good news pb_uk for the British passengers.  Hopefully similar arrangements can be made for the Australian and other nationalities on board.  We are so fortunate that no one is sick on board and was very sad to read the news about the Zaandam yesterday.  Our prayers go out to them and hopefully there will be no more loss of life.  

• Like 2

The Captain has just announced that we will make a short stop in Barbados on March 31 for supplies then on to Fort Lauderdale.  I hope we can all get off there because I feel like a bride that has been taken to the alter several times and disappointed each time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wichard,  just to be able to put your feet on land is wonderful.  Even if its for five minutes;  hope all goes well in Barbados.  I assume you will taking on gas; so that should give you a few hours to step off the ship and walk around.  Have fun with the rest of your trip.

10 minutes ago, pb_uk said:

Just to clarify Wichard’s post. We are only in Barbados for supplies. No one disembarking there.

Thank you for the clarification pb_uk.  At this point we do not need to engage in any possible actions that would jeopardize our quatentine at sea or disease free status.  

• Like 2

On board

From Princess site

March 27, 2020 9:45PM PT

Coral Princess Update

Coral Princess is scheduled to arrive in Bridgetown, Barbados the evening of Tuesday, March 31. During the short time at the port, extra provisions will be brought onboard to keep all guests comfortable during the onward journey. No guests or crew will be permitted to disembark during this time.

Coral Princess will continue to proceed directly to Ft. Lauderdale, with an estimated arrival date of April 4. There remains no known risk of COVID-19 onboard.

Both internet and guest stateroom telephone service remain complimentary so that guests can stay in touch with family.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Wichard,  just to be able to put your feet on land is wonderful.  Even if its for five minutes;  hope all goes well in Barbados.  I assume you will taking on gas; so that should give you a few hours to step off the ship and walk around.  Have fun with the rest of your trip.

You really don’t think they will be let off the ship.  This will be purely a stop and go for fuel and maybe some necessary supplies.  No one will go shoreside and even the crew interacting with people on shore will be in protective mode.

1 hour ago, wheezedr said:

You really don’t think they will be let off the ship.  This will be purely a stop and go for fuel and maybe some necessary supplies.  No one will go shoreside and even the crew interacting with people on shore will be in protective mode.

When you arrive in FLL how many days will it be since you stepped foot on land?

54 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Not for me.  I have land under my feet since Feb 21 when I stepped off the Grand Princess.  Yep I was on that now fabled cruise to Mexico.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

We were in Port Stanley on Friday 13th March, so my calculation is 22 days. Mind you note the significance of the date!

As for Montevideo, I’m sorry but dates since have become a bit of a blur 😉