Why do we continue to blame the cruise lines like Celebrity?

TeeRick

6 hours ago, MarLieb said:

Oh, yes.  Totally agree - that's terrible.  We have a NRD on a December Summit cruise.  I can't even fathom getting on that ship right now or any cruise ship for that matter.  I have no trust in Celebrity anymore.

Believe it or not, there is a lot of people that feel like this. If it's more than lip service, when things return to normal, the actual recovery is going to take a lot longer than most people think.

4 hours ago, lifeisrealygood said:
  • I cancelled my March 15th cruise on the Silhouette using the "Cruise With Confidence" thing.  I received via e-mail my FCC in the amount of what I paid less the taxes and port fees, which I am waiting to be credited to my credit card.
  • I then called Celebrity, and tried to apply my FCC to a similar Caribbean cruise next March (2021), this time on the Equinox.  Same itinerary, different ship. I had already booked this cruise previously.

I was told that I could not use the FCC on an already booked but not yet paid for cruise.  I told the agent that I would just cancel the cruise, and rebook using the FCC.  

CAN'T DO IT!!!!!!  Read the small print near the bottom of the "Cruise with Confidence" document.  It specifically states you can not use the FCC for a cruise originally booked,  then cancelled.  So, if you even cancel a cruise, you cannot use the FCC to book the same cruise.

You must book a new cruise.  Totally new and different.  The cancel and rebook thing will not work.

So I was told.  Yikes!!!!!   

That is my experience.  I booked a new cruise entirely.  Could not apply the FCC to an existing but not yet paid for cruise.  Please someone say they actually did apply an FCC to an existing but not yet paid for cruise.  Not just talk,  actual example.  I could not do it, even if I cancelled and rebooked the originally booked cruise.  

To go back to the title of this thread - this is an excellent example of ‘ Why do we continue to blame the cruise lines like Celebrity?‘ Despite reassurances from X that FCCs can be applied to existing bookings, it seems Celebrity is as inconsistent as ever 😳. Hopefully this is a case of a misinformed sales person. Feedback like this will just mean more people will take the cash refund, which I cannot believe is what X wants. 

• Like 1

Definitely take the refund.  This is the "new normal."  No one has any idea when "cruising" will be able to restart, what it will look like, which ports will be available, what the costs will be, etc.  

Com pared to the airlines, the cruise lines are saints!  Had to cancel a river cruise through France which Uniworld rescheduled for May 2021.  American Airlines, on the other hand, charged my $900 each for canceling.  Rebooking not available after Feb 2021.  Just take our money and then ask for a bail out.  Never fly American again.