Wouldnt honor website price

I've  talked to 2 different people and gotten different answers. I called my credit card company when the charge wouldnt go thru. They said wasnt on their end.

I've been told it was a gty and they dont do gty for solo. Next answer was it's a solo room and they dont have solo rooms.

I'm about to where I dont care if I cruise again tbh. If the website says inside gty, and goes to the payment for the deposit screen, they should honor it. 

I took screen shots of every page, but some have private info, but you can see the price here for one person that they say cant book, they will report to IT and get it fixed but no I cant book it at the price it says.

20200317_093855487.jpeg

10 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I couldn't do a guarantee for 1 person either so I booked it for 2 and had the 2nd person be a no show

I have done that. Another way which worked for me last year and has worked before was that my travel agent was able to convince someone higher up to override the block on solos and guarantees. I prefer that since I have a travel agent who is willing to go to bat for me. 

The block on solos and guarantees has been in place for years. 

Edited by Charles4515

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I couldn't do a guarantee for 1 person either so I booked it for 2 and had the 2nd person be a no show

The price goes up $700, the stops arent that good.

Not worth another $700.

It should say something before I put in credit card into and call my credit card thinking that's the problem.

I want it for the price it says for 1 person. Not twice that... that's my whole pt.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not worth another $700.

It should say something before I put in credit card into and call my credit card thinking that's the problem.

I want it for the price it says for 1 person. Not twice that... that's my whole pt.

Fine print always has a cause that they don’t have to honour website pricing errors.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I have done that. Another way which worked for me last year and has worked before was that my travel agent was able to convince someone higher up to override the block on solos and guarantees. I prefer that since I have a travel agent who is willing to go to bat for me. 

The block on solos and guarantees has been in place for years. 

If its blocked then dont go all the way to payment screen and then the payment doesnt go thru.

The price for 1 is like 739, when I put in 1, it goes to 801, 

2 people is 739 x 2. 

So why show it at 801 for 1. 

If my upcoming cruise gets cancelled I'll take the refund and go to another line. To me it's not honest.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

If its blocked then dont go all the way to payment screen and then the payment doesnt go thru.

2 people is 739 x 2. 

If my upcoming cruise gets cancelled I'll take the refund and go to another line. To me it's not honest.

Do whatever you want. 

• Like 1

The last answer is it's for solo cabins and jewel doesnt have solo cabins. I keep getting different answers.

It's ok, I just will move on. I get it, wrong price, I still think if you advertise it for a total of 959.xx for 1 person,  honor the price. I get it,their error.

Just aggravating to call my credit card company and not know why the charge wouldnt go thru.

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Not worth another $700.

You don't pay for 1 person for a cabin. You pay a supplement. Not many cruise go for $700 even solo

It's ok, I think my stress and aggravation levels have just gone up. I booked liberty all excited, now I worry it will get cancelled. It adds to my stress.

And no carnival is no better. I finally could log into their site yesterday and be recognized. I spent a week with it saying, dont have a vipf # every time I logged in. Couldnt see offers at all.

Maybe it's a good time for a break if my liberty cruise gets cancelled. Rcl evidently doesnt need the business enough to book me at the stated price, whatever. I'm not that picky, seen all the ports, just like to relax and cruise .. and booking isnt relaxing right now. 

Wish I knew what site has it, I'd try and book on that site. But staying home is ok too.

I was at the store yesterday and the lady behind me wasnt allowed to buy a small bag of white rice and a small bag of brown rice for her family. Limit of 1 per household. I'm kicking myself last night for not paying for it and giving it to her. These are crazy enough times. 

If I get the cruise I booked great, if not, I'll take the refund. 

1 hour ago, c-leg5 said:

I see 1 cabin available at that price on a third party  site. Perhaps it wasn’t available at the moment you booked?

I found several sites with that price and one wanted a processing fee,  one I couldnt pick departure port, finally found a site I could get to the cruise.

Inside price has dropped 3 times, but solo price says 801. Says I'm booked lol. If rcl cancels it, so be it. Right now as you said there is a cabin # it gave me. Thanks for the tip. We will see if it isnt cancelled.

1/2 cruise, leave the day after new years. Thanks for the tip. 

• Like 1

If a cruise ship does not have a solo cabin.  Then most of the mass cruise lines charge a single supplement, which normally means you are charged as if there are two people in the cabin.

So if the advertised rate is $800 per person, you will be charged $1600.  Actually a bit less because you won't be charged port fees and taxes for the second person.

As other have said website pricing may not be honored if it is determined that the pricing was in error.

I think you saw the same thing with Carnival (you post in regards to Carnival was hard to decipher)

Princess is similar.

Everyone once in a while they may have a 150% rate for solos but haven't seen one in a while.  I think Royal also offers a 150% if you attain a certain status but am not sure.

Since you have posted 70,000+ times I would think you have done many cruises and would be aware of solo bookings are charged.

If you book a solo you will get double points for status considerations

Edited by gatour

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

2 people is 739 x 2. 

Its called a mistake. If you advertised your car for 50 bucks but you meant 5000 would you feel obligated to sell it at that price? Dont say “its not honest”. People always want something for nothing. Mistakes happen live with it. Go somewhere else. Me me me...

33 minutes ago, gatour said:

If a cruise ship does not have a solo cabin.  Then most of the mass cruise lines charge a single supplement, which normally means you are charged as if there are two people in the cabin.

So if the advertised rate is $800 per person, you will be charged $1600.  Actually a bit less because you won't be charged port fees and taxes for the second person.

As other have said website pricing may not be honored if it is determined that the pricing was in error.

I think you saw the same thing with Carnival (you post in regards to Carnival was hard to decipher)

Princess is similar.

Everyone once in a while they may have a 150% rate for solos but haven't seen one in a while.  I think Royal also offers a 150% if you attain a certain status but am not sure.

Since you have posted 70,000+ times I would think you have done many cruises and would be aware of solo bookings are charged.

I said above the advertised rate was 739, actually ever time I look it has dropped. Havent looked since this booking but it said from 709 i think,  or 701, the starting price keeps dropping.

And yes I know... my liberty cruise I finally found a 200% and grabbed it. The sales for families are often more than 200%

I need to find a guy I guess who wants to cruise to cruise with. Sure would make booking on rcl easier. Everything you say is true. 

Be good to find someone who lives near me who wants to cruise. All my friends cruise with their families or are broke lol.

If it gets cancelled so be it. Dont know a thing about jewel. I've cruised ncl, carnival, princess, celebrity etc. Not all on rcl, and it's been a while since rcl and if my april 26th gets cancelled will be a longer while between rcl cruises. I admit to being a noob about rcl. I dont know a 5v from a 7w or whatever.

Rcl does make booking solo hard imo. .

52 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Its called a mistake. If you advertised your car for 50 bucks but you meant 5000 would you feel obligated to sell it at that price? Dont say “its not honest”. People always want something for nothing. Mistakes happen live with it. Go somewhere else. Me me me...

I have quite a few on my liberty roll call who got drinks for $18 a day. Typo but rcl honoured it. I dont see the big difference if rcl honored typos for a whole bunch of others ... 

So it was worth asking here about why my credit card payment wouldnt go thru.

Rcl had multiple replies which sounded like guesses. I know they are too busy to look  bad timing 

Nope dont want it for nothing. 

I'd forgotten since my last rcl cruise and being on rcl boards how rcl posters could be.

If tomorrow I get a cancellation notice fine, if not fine, I got a cruise for a bargain 959.xx. for a inside cabin, not nothing to me. 

Thank you to the one helpful poster. It still says I'm booked. Thanks again. I havent looked where the cabin is, says deck 4. 

As you said only one cabin showing at that price. So I took the only choice offered.

Edited by firefly333

1 hour ago, gatour said:

Princess is similar.

it was advertised as a studio single price on the site I saw.

As to whether or not Jewel has single studios, I have no idea.

Edited by c-leg5

10 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

3 solo cabins on deck 4

I'm in the middle one. Everyone was giving me such a hard time I went and looked. 

Again thanks for the helpful posts. 

Well I guess there are solo cabins, you found the answer.

Never been on either ship I'm booked on. 

20200317_143250972.jpeg

20200317_143315789.jpeg

I'm somewhat knowledgeable with solo booking as I've booked solo many times... and Ken (Ourusualbeach) is the utmost pro with booking questions on this forum being a TA...

I have never seen a GTY available to a solo on-line, however sometimes it is available to my TA when I have called. I don;t know why this is.

In your case I am thinking, unless it's a website glitch or one-off, if you clicked on "Guarantee" on-line then you booked a double occupancy cabin. Having said that, in your reply to me you said you're booked in to the middle of the 3 solo cabins?? If so, on your invoice you have in your email there's no way there should be a "solo supplement" charging you double (200%) of the base fare. IF you had clicked on a regular guarantee, you're invoice will show the base fare, plus another base fare (indicating the 200% solo supplement).

Also 99% of time, if those rare solos on these Radiance Class ships are available, there are not priced well in comparison to the larger double occupancy cabins. 99% of the time they are equal or higher priced. 

In the end, we don't know what you clicked on exactly and how you booked. However you indicated that you know your cabin#... that's the key. The most important thing is what your emailed invoice says. What does it say?

Says cabin 4585. I'm just sorry I had to book thru a big box. I'd have rather booked direct or given the business to someone who knows cruises.

I didnt click guarantee. One of the times I called in seeking help the guy who answered said that's why. I called back again and that person said there are no solo cabins on jewel, I'll contact IT and have it fixed.

Then I called the name that emailed me who said she was my new rcl planner,  but was off the 5 days when I booked liberty.. liberty april 26th is the one I'm paying 200% supplement which im used to doing, I was good with it, just couldnt reach the agent who said book with me.

So I tried today to reach her for this new jewel booking, and was told oh she doesnt come in until 11. She never called back, so I took the advice above and booked on a big hotel box site which wasnt my preference.

A good ta would have been handy. I used to cruise a lot more ... now I dont know nothing about booking, but I cruised maybe 8 times a year at one time and rotated lines to keep it interesting. Some of us cruised in the old days I guess. I admit I know little about royal, that's why I called royal twice and asked here. So sue me. I dont have a good ta, but wish I did 

I know everyone is busy right now.. I just wanted to grab a booking that might be hard to get later. 

Thanks and sorry, but I am glad for the help. 

No idea what a solo cabin is, but cant be that bad if I'm booked on the ship. 

Edited by firefly333

37 minutes ago, Hoopster95 said:

I'm somewhat knowledgeable with solo booking as I've booked solo many times... and Ken (Ourusualbeach) is the utmost pro with booking questions on this forum being a TA...

Good to know... wish I knew how to book thru him. Too bad we cant exchange information here.

The rcl agent who said oh that's a solo room category and that ship doesnt have any of those was wrong...cruise critic to the rescue.

Good to know whose info is good. I remember meriom mom or close name from the old days. Good to have another name to trust.