for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Hi Sherri

We did a Uniworld River cruise in France a few years ago and was casual during the day but a bit dressier at night.it was great and they had bikes on board to use ashore ,we also did a few bike tours which is a great way to see a lot. Im sure you will have a great time. 🙂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MrToblerone said:

Hi Sherri

We did a Uniworld River cruise in France a few years ago and was casual during the day but a bit dressier at night.it was great and they had bikes on board to use ashore ,we also did a few bike tours which is a great way to see a lot. Im sure you will have a great time. 🙂

Thanks, Melissa, that would be really great if they had bikes on the ship!

Sherri🙂

Hello Everyone,

Lots going on here. Kat, love your Halloween decorations, I don’t think I’ve seen a dog skeleton in other displays. Good on you getting the new booster. 

Sherri, I know you will just love the river cruise. We were on AMA and they had bikes. Dress was casual. We went in early Nov so I took long sleeve tops and sweaters. Very easy to wear all day and then to dinner. I hope your flights go smoothly. How is the kitchen reno going?

Lois, good sweater choice. Will be good on your cruise. Hope the weather improves.

Melissa, good to hear that your treatment went well. Wishing you the same for the remaining ones.

I really enjoyed time with the kids. Visit was just too short but we packed in a lot of activities. Our GD stayed on central time which meant waking up at 5:30 am.  Grandma and grandpa got up with her and we played until breakfast while mom and dad slept in. Hated to see them leave but next trip will be in December.

Went for a hair cut this morning and started on some projects that I had been putting off. I envy those who are already Christmas shopping. I really need to get organized! 
Sharon

• Like 2

14 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Hello Everyone,

Lots going on here. Kat, love your Halloween decorations, I don’t think I’ve seen a dog skeleton in other displays. Good on you getting the new booster. 

Sherri, I know you will just love the river cruise. We were on AMA and they had bikes. Dress was casual. We went in early Nov so I took long sleeve tops and sweaters. Very easy to wear all day and then to dinner. I hope your flights go smoothly. How is the kitchen reno going?

Lois, good sweater choice. Will be good on your cruise. Hope the weather improves.

Melissa, good to hear that your treatment went well. Wishing you the same for the remaining ones.

I really enjoyed time with the kids. Visit was just too short but we packed in a lot of activities. Our GD stayed on central time which meant waking up at 5:30 am.  Grandma and grandpa got up with her and we played until breakfast while mom and dad slept in. Hated to see them leave but next trip will be in December.

Went for a hair cut this morning and started on some projects that I had been putting off. I envy those who are already Christmas shopping. I really need to get organized! 
Sharon

Thanks, Sharon, I am hoping I do love the river cruise, it just seems so different from what we are used to. Kitchen Reno is about 3/4 of the way done.  Mostly just a matter of installing trim, dishwasher, painting, etc.  Should be all completed when we return from cruise!

Sounds like a good time with granddaughter!  We will be seeing youngest grandson for Thanksgiving and then going up to VA for Christmas.  This is the longest I have ever gone without seeing the two in northern VA and I am really missing them.

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

in honor of Stanley's visit to Sardinia, i made a dish with mini cavatelli since I couldn't find fregola and didn't want to run out for israeli couscous.  I seared up some scallops and pink shrimp in butter & EVOO.  I added some lemon pepper to the butter from the searing and used the browned butter as the sauce.  Yummy!!!

After saying i felt oK after my vax, I ended up with a good size headache and an upset stomach.  At least it was tolerable.

i'm doing some little appliance/tableware changes.  i realized my dishes were from when i moved from CA to utah in 1988!!!  I was looking a Our Place online because it was having a sale.  i have the perfect pan, perfect pot and just bought the mini pan.  Their tableware looks very nice to me and i can mix it to match my old stuff. i picked up some midi plates,demi bowls and some glasses.  A little something to perk up my dining.  Our place first sent the wrong color bowls, but sent me an email that same day that they discovered the boo-boo and shipped the right ones.  They also said i could keep the wrong ones and not worry about sending them back.  how nice was that!!   my Cuisinart toaster oven came yesterday so i have to do some re-arranging of the one counter I have to fit it.

Finishing off my Aperol Spritz.  i bought 2 22 oz stemless wine glasses at Crate & Barrel to be sure I have room for a proper drink 😸 It lasts me the whole show!

• Like 3

Good morning,  I think there is a possibility I may actually get lucky on the weather for my cruise. I keep checking on line and for Saturday it says MOSTLY SUNNY and 60 degrees! 😀.  All the days around it show some sort of showers......it would be nice to sail with the sun shining!  I  keep looking at my clothing that is out on the bed in the spare bedroom........I have a lot of long sleeves tops, for both daytime and evening attire. (not the same tops LOL). This is an 11 day cruise and there are ALOT of ports and I am doing some sort of tour in every place. I am bringing my BZees that I got before my Alaska cruise.....very comfy and good for walking.  Melody, I think you mentioned you owned the same ones. 

Sherri, you leave on Thursday? I fly out on Friday.  Are you packed yet? I will pack on Thursday. 

I was thinking about Cynthia and hope she is having a good time on her cruises😀

Sharon, glad to read about your visit with the family! It always sounds like you have a wonderful time with them🙂

• Like 1

Hi Lois!  You should have a really great trip, it is absolutely beautiful up in Canada! I will cross my fingers for you weather wise!  I hope you have safe travels!

We are leaving Thursday morning, fly from Orlando to Detroit, Detroit to Amsterdam, then to Budapest.  I am mostly packed, just a few last minute things to go.  This has been a strange cruise to pack for, no dressy clothes, no gym clothes, and no swimsuits!  And, I am only taking 3 pairs of shoes!😂 

Feeling all recovered except for this nagging cough I have at times.  It is getting better but very slowly.

OOTD: denim capris and a black gap t shirt with flip flops, getting my hair cut and colored this afternoon so I always wear something that I would not be upset if the color dripped on it.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Kat. We got signed up for the Apple architecture photo class this Thursday. Hubs is really excited about it, he’s my ‘fort’ picture guy. Thanks for the hint. Hopefully we can get into the other classes too. I’m bringing my mini tripod for this class.

Lois & Sherry I hope you have fabulous cruises!!!  We’re down to 50 days before our family cruise. Melody

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Kat. We got signed up for the Apple architecture photo class this Thursday. Hubs is really excited about it, he’s my ‘fort’ picture guy. Thanks for the hint. Hopefully we can get into the other classes too. I’m bringing my mini tripod for this class.

Lois & Sherry I hope you have fabulous cruises!!!  We’re down to 50 days before our family cruise. Melody

That should be so much fun for you, Melody!  I am trying to put together a family cruise for next summer but the logistics of getting everyone together is making my head spin😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Hi Lois!  You should have a really great trip, it is absolutely beautiful up in Canada! I will cross my fingers for you weather wise!  I hope you have safe travels!

We are leaving Thursday morning, fly from Orlando to Detroit, Detroit to Amsterdam, then to Budapest.  I am mostly packed, just a few last minute things to go.  This has been a strange cruise to pack for, no dressy clothes, no gym clothes, and no swimsuits!  And, I am only taking 3 pairs of shoes!😂 

Feeling all recovered except for this nagging cough I have at times.  It is getting better but very slowly.

OOTD: denim capris and a black gap t shirt with flip flops, getting my hair cut and colored this afternoon so I always wear something that I would not be upset if the color dripped on it.😂

Sherri🙂

COVID cough sucks.  you'll find out why i say i need to hang a sign around my neck that says 'not covid'!!  people will look at you like you are someone to avoid.   The flights always amuse me when you fly west to go east!  Orlando to Detroit??  Nothing orlando to New york?   i've been routed SLC-LAX-europe before, so i understand.  

i get my hair colored on Friday!  I'm like you - something I wouldn't care about if it dripped.

Hey, Stanley is supposed to be in Puglia this Sunday.  Easy food to find for this one - orrechette pasta, more seafood.  He is getting my travel bug re-activated to go to Southern italy!

• Like 1

Good Morning, 

Wishing Sherri and Lois amazing cruises. Also wishing both of you uneventful flights.

Sherri, yes, River cruising is very different compared to ocean cruising. Depending on your ports, you could dock right in “town” and when you are cruising, you will have scenery to look at along the way. We cruised a few weeks later than you and although we had a balcony, we usually spent our cruising time in the central “living room” with comfortable seating grouping and large windows. Oh, and a bar for refreshment. Because the number aboard is much smaller, it is easy to meet and get to know others. It’s a very different experience but one that we really enjoyed. BTW I hope your cruise will include an Illumination Cruise at night while you are in Budapest. That was an amazing experience. 

Melody, glad you are signed up for that class. Will look forward to hearing about your experience. 

Kat, sounds like you have some nice, new dinner/drink ware. Something to add enjoyment to your Stanley Tucci meals. I had never heard of Our Place until you mentioned it but night before last I saw a commercial for one of their pans and Our Place was mentioned at the end.

Sharon

Edited by purduemom1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, purduemom1 said:

Good Morning, 

Wishing Sherri and Lois amazing cruises. Also wishing both of you uneventful flights.

Sherri, yes, River cruising is very different compared to ocean cruising. Depending on your ports, you could dock right in “town” and when you are cruising, you will have scenery to look at along the way. We cruised a few weeks later than you and although we had a balcony, we usually spent our cruising time in the central “living room” with comfortable seating grouping and large windows. Oh, and a bar for refreshment. Because the number aboard is much smaller, it is easy to meet and get to know others. It’s a very different experience but one that we really enjoyed. BTW I hope your cruise will include an Illumination Cruise at night while you are in Budapest. That was an amazing experience. 

Melody, glad you are signed up for that class. Will look forward to hearing about your experience. 

Kat, sounds like you have some nice, new dinner/drink ware. Something to add enjoyment to your Stanley Tucci meals. I had never heard of Our Place until you mentioned it but night before last I saw a commercial for one of their pans and Our Place was mentioned at the end.

Sharon

Sharon - i got started on Our Place last year when I needed a new fry pan.  Saw one of their ads and decided to look it up.  Bought one and i really like it.  I use the steamer function all the time and I can make my soups in there.  Eggs for me were tough since it's a big pan so I bought their mini pan - perfect for my eggs, grilled cheese, etc.  I'm enjoying the stuff.  

• Like 1

All packed and ready!😂

Sharon, we have a evening cruise booked for our second night in Budapest, I told my husband you had  highly recommended that so he reserved one a few weeks ago. 

A cold front came through last night so it was 60 degrees when I walked this morning.  Most of the people I passed had winter coats on.😂😂

And you’re right, Kat, this covid cough does suck.  My husband is no longer coughing but I am continuing to do so.  I will be very happy when I stop!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Hi Sherri,🙂 I really hope you love your river cruise. It is so different from an Ocean cruise and in many ways, I  like it better........you really get to see the places you are docked in and it is a more intimate experience. 

Weather? LOL.........it got down to the 40s here last light.........warmed up nicely but only around 70. I actually needed a warm up jacket on when I ran some errands.

I will do all my packing tomorrow as my flight leaves very early on Friday morning.  Did a load of laundry today just to get all my regular stuff done.

Wishing you a safe and UNeventful flight🙂

Sharon, thanks for the good wishes!

Hope Cynthia is having a good time........seems like she has been away for a long time already.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri,🙂 I really hope you love your river cruise. It is so different from an Ocean cruise and in many ways, I  like it better........you really get to see the places you are docked in and it is a more intimate experience. 

Weather? LOL.........it got down to the 40s here last light.........warmed up nicely but only around 70. I actually needed a warm up jacket on when I ran some errands.

I will do all my packing tomorrow as my flight leaves very early on Friday morning.  Did a load of laundry today just to get all my regular stuff done.

Wishing you a safe and UNeventful flight🙂

Sharon, thanks for the good wishes!

Hope Cynthia is having a good time........seems like she has been away for a long time already.

Same for you, Lois!

Sherri🙂

Sherri, if tour night cruise is half as good as the one that we did with AMA then you will certainly enjoy it. While we cruised the ship was playing Only Time by Enya. I have that song on my phone and each time I hear it I am reminded of that cruise. I hope you are able to keep us posted from time to time on your trip.

I hope your cough subsides. Maybe you can try some peppermint candies, the red and white ones. They won’t smell like medicine. I always have one or two in my purse.

Kat, I will have to take closer look at their pans. Oh wait, this assumes that I plan to cook. 🙀 Maybe I’ll need to rethink  this😉

Lois, happy packing! You must have it down pat with all the traveling you have done. I hope you have really nice weather for Quebec although good weather all along will be the best. Hope you will check in when you can.

Sharon

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sjb317 said:

All packed and ready!😂

Sharon, we have a evening cruise booked for our second night in Budapest, I told my husband you had  highly recommended that so he reserved one a few weeks ago. 

A cold front came through last night so it was 60 degrees when I walked this morning.  Most of the people I passed had winter coats on.😂😂

And you’re right, Kat, this covid cough does suck.  My husband is no longer coughing but I am continuing to do so.  I will be very happy when I stop!

Sherri🙂

Ask your doc for a prescription for cough pearls (Tessa something)

sharon - when I was married and had my house with a nice-size kitchen, i loved to cook.  now, my tiny house has a minuscule kitchen 😢  I now go on cooking binges and try my best.  I did give away a bunch of my kitchen goodies because I have no room to place or store.  I just got tired of what I had, so I'm just updating some things so it feels a little fresh instead of 20+ years old.  

Went and got my 1st Shingles shot yesterday.  So far no issues but a sore arm.  Greg, my pharmacist, said it's usually the 2nd shot that make people sick.  So, I wait 2 months for that one - maybe a Christmas present to myself! 

Today and tomorrow are the last days to wear a Tshirt outside for awhile - Saturday it turns down to low 50s then Sunday the 30s and snow with the rest of the week in the 40s.  I'm NOT ready for this!!  

• Like 2

Hi Sherri and Lois , I hope you both have wonderful cruises .

Kat I had a quick look at Our Place yesterday as it made me realise we need an update on our 30 plus year old dinnerware , time flies ! Their large size plates look lovely but I wonder if I got 6 whether they would stack ok and not break , my arzberg has lasted so long but some bits have chips .

My latest purchases have been wigs ! 
never thought I would need a wig , the racqeul welch ones are popular .They look so real nowadays .

• Like 1

All packed and the luggage is in the car.  I have to leave very early in the morning...........hope Cynthia is having a good time, hope Sherri has a wonderful time too. 

I will have to take a look at Our Place.............I had never even heard of it before. 

Anyway, thanks Melissa, hope you are feeling good.  Sharon, Kat, Melody, have a good weekend and next week........I am home on Nov 2nd.

• Like 1