for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Man, we are in our dental stuff!  My inlay is $900, all in.  I just have the plan my dentist offers so it did help knock the price down to that.  The initial process, drilling out the filling, cleaning it up, making the cast, putting in some temporary filler, only took about 30 minutes.  The temp is really annoying, but I’ll deal.  Go back on the 28th for finishing up.  My dentist said this was probably the first molar I had, around 6 years old.  It had been filled twice and cracked because it was just old.   
Melody - ouch on all that dental work.  You’ve had a rough time lately.  

I had Noosa peach for breakfast today.  Easy to eat with the weird feeling with the temp.  Melanie - you won’t find Noosa at TJs, but you will at a Whole Foods or most supermarkets in San Francisco.  Sorry about the ‘vid.  Take good care and I hope it passes quickly and mildly.
I did stop at TJs and picked up way more than I expected.  Jarred salsas, some frozen things, tortillas, crackers (the strawberry jalapeño ones are back), mee krob crackers, rice puffs.   I was heartbroken to find no horchata ice cream so I made do with the lemon ice cream to soothe my mouth.  
Finished the day by picking up my Rybelsus at the pharmacy - $700 WITH insurance.   Walked across the parking lot to the state liquor store to grab some wine to drown my sorrows…
OOTD: Jean shorts and my Smokey Bear T-shirt.

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

I need to do this as I lost the 2 implants from the titanium implants that my body rejected (after they’d eaten away the bone). I now know I’m allergic to titanium

Kat, Owie on that med!!! How often do you have to take it?

49 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I need to do this as I lost the 2 implants from the titanium implants that my body rejected (after they’d eaten away the bone). I now know I’m allergic to titanium

Kat, Owie on that med!!! How often do you have to take it?

I take it everyday.  It is the maximum dose.  Chemically, the same as Ozempic.  Ozempic is 1 injection/week.  Rybelsus is a tablet.  Price wise, they are the same.  In the highest tier on the drug formulary, thus the price.  Now, this is for a 3 month supply, but still a hit to the pocketbook.  Usually my pharmacist gets the 3 months for me and then divides it into monthly doses so I pay just by the month.  Since I paid for the inlay I decided to pay the whole 3 months and have it done.  
wow, nasty way to find out that you’re allergic titanium!   If my baby tooth needs replacing I am definitely going to ask about this.  

• Like 1

Adding my condolences as well, Christy.  You are a good daughter to do this for your mom. 💐.  Have a safe trip!

Melissa, great news on your checkup, bad news about covid!  I hope you have a mild case and are not feeling too bad.  Enjoy your time in San Francisco!

Melody, when will you have these dental procedures?  I hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Kat, that is a holy **** moment for sure, I did not realize Rybelsius was that expensive!  Hope your dental procedure goes smoothly, too!

Lois, sounds like things are going well for you!  And Cynthia, I hope you are enjoying your retirement!  

We are driving up to northern Georgia to pick up our grandson (wildman) on Monday.  He will be with us for a week, then our son will drive down and spend a week.  Our middle son will be bringing his family from Australia on the 24th for two weeks and his son will fly down from Minnesota. Youngest son will drive down with his family and we are all going on a cruise over July 4th!   Everyone will leave on July 8th, which is also our 50th wedding anniversary😳.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

We are driving up to northern Georgia to pick up our grandson (wildman) on Monday.  He will be with us for a week, then our son will drive down and spend a week.  Our middle son will be bringing his family from Australia on the 24th for two weeks and his son will fly down from Minnesota. Youngest son will drive down with his family and we are all going on a cruise over July 4th!   Everyone will leave on July 8th, which is also our 50th wedding anniversary😳.  

Sounds like you have some great family get-togethers coming up soon. Congratulations on your upcoming 50th anniversary!!

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Sounds like you have some great family get-togethers coming up soon. Congratulations on your upcoming 50th anniversary!!

Thanks, Cynthia, it is definitely hard to believe it has been that long!

Sherri🙂

48 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, yes, Big CONGRATS from me too🙂 50 years!!!!

Thanks, Lois!  We were married in 1973, the summer after my freshman year at IU.  My husband was starting his senior year.  We were just babies!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Congratulations on 50 years together Sherri. Sounds like you’re going to have some fabulous memories with all that family around!  We got married in 1969 (at middle of my sophomore yea). Les was in the Air Force. I was just turned 18 & he was 20. 

Edited by awhfy

I’m scheduling the sinus lift & bone grafts for after we come back from Boston as I can’t fly for 4 months afterwards. Then I’ll have the implants in March after our b2b (no flying for 2 months after that) then I’ll get the crowns in Sep 24 before our 21 night cruise. I laid this all out to the maxiofacial/oral surgeon, he said man, I want your life!  Melody

There has been no news of my Aunt's funeral, so I will not be going. DH (either Dear Husband *or* his actual initials) and I are leaving Thursday to go to my parents for a pre-planned visit, so I'll just give her extra strong/long hugs. I'm alledgedly her favorite kid.  We are going to do some things that Dad can't due to his dementia/Alzheimers. My sister and brother will be there for the weekend and we'll be there for the week. We have three planned projects with an additional one to fill her freezer with prepped meals.

Still smoky, so I didn't do the yard work I wanted to. I did go get a pedicure and do a few other errands, but so much coughing when I was outside. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, awhfy said:

Congratulations on 50 years together Sherri. Sounds like you’re going to have some fabulous memories with all that family around!  We got married in 1969 (at middle of my sophomore yea). Les was in the Air Force. I was just turned 18 & he was 20. 

Thanks, Melody!  You and Ls were just babies, too.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, awhfy said:

I’m scheduling the sinus lift & bone grafts for after we come back from Boston as I can’t fly for 4 months afterwards. Then I’ll have the implants in March after our b2b (no flying for 2 months after that) then I’ll get the crowns in Sep 24 before our 21 night cruise. I laid this all out to the maxiofacial/oral surgeon, he said man, I want your life!  Melody

Great planning!

Sherti🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, awhfy said:

I laid this all out to the maxiofacial/oral surgeon, he said man, I want your life!

.....well, aside from the sinus lifts, bone grafts and implants!  😆

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

PH - sorry the funeral isn’t working out.  But have that quality time with family.  
Melody - yikes on the surgeries you need.  Hopefully there is a payment plan available since it isn’t covered.  
Sherri - have fun with the kiddos.  And congratulations on 50 years!  Any good dinner plans for it?  Scott’s on 5th and Yellow Dog always get good reviews for nice dinners.  

I still can’t eat right with the temporary.  I’ve bitten the inside of my mouth too much and it is more than annoying.  Yogurt and soup are my meals still.  Ugh.

I finished listening to “Spare” yesterday.  I enjoyed it.  Having Prince Harry doing the narration made it special.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

PH - sorry the funeral isn’t working out.  But have that quality time with family.  
Melody - yikes on the surgeries you need.  Hopefully there is a payment plan available since it isn’t covered.  
Sherri - have fun with the kiddos.  And congratulations on 50 years!  Any good dinner plans for it?  Scott’s on 5th and Yellow Dog always get good reviews for nice dinners.  

I still can’t eat right with the temporary.  I’ve bitten the inside of my mouth too much and it is more than annoying.  Yogurt and soup are my meals still.  Ugh.

I finished listening to “Spare” yesterday.  I enjoyed it.  Having Prince Harry doing the narration made it special.  

Thanks, Kat!  We’ve been to Scott’s and Yellow Dog, food was good, better at Scott’s, but both are rather pricey.  We paid more for the family cruise than we should have and that is to celebrate so really haven’t thought about anything else.😂

Hope your mouth starts feeling better soon, the temporaries are always difficult, in my experience.

Sherri 🙂

• Like 2

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary Sherri ,we are only 35 years this year and how wonderful to do a family cruise.

Dentists sound just as expensive over there as here in NZ .

My covid isolation is almost over, not sure about the USA but we still have to isolate for 7 days .My symptoms have been mild and thankfully no one else has got it .

Ive been watching Queen Charlotte on Netflix and really enjoying it.

Not much chance of different outfits but we have been invited to a wedding in September and the dress code is formal ,will have to start looking .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Congratulations on your 50th anniversary Sherri ,we are only 35 years this year and how wonderful to do a family cruise.

Dentists sound just as expensive over there as here in NZ .

My covid isolation is almost over, not sure about the USA but we still have to isolate for 7 days .My symptoms have been mild and thankfully no one else has got it .

Ive been watching Queen Charlotte on Netflix and really enjoying it.

Not much chance of different outfits but we have been invited to a wedding in September and the dress code is formal ,will have to start looking .

Thanks, Melissa!  I am glad your covid was mild!  Should be fun shopping for a formal wedding!

Sherri🙂

My aunt's memorial service will be Tuesday, so I won't make it. I'll just give Mom and extra long hug--she and I are both looking forward to it.

My parent's 61st anniversary is this month--the last day we're there. We'll acknowledge, but not celebrate due to Dad's dementia. We're just gonna be unpaid labor for a week.

• Like 3

Mr Toblerone, Melissa. I had good luck with ordering a formal gown on Amazon. Alex evenings are a god brand to look for. I found my formal gown for a July wedding for $50 on Amazon. Melody

• Like 1

In looking for a day pack, I came across an Osprey I really liked that that also matches up color-wise with my other gear (shoes, rain shell). Not as bright as your Cotopaxi, @slidergirl, but I like it:

image.thumb.png.fca109b103690358182793a89c7d4f02.png

And by using the Prime points, it was only a couple of dollars more than the cheaper bags....hopefully I'll like it when it arrives.

So now I think I'm all set with my "outdoor gear" for the Iceland/Greenland trip.

@Lois R  Have you started your volunteering yet?

• Like 1

Hi Cynthia, nope not yet. Not sure if I had posted this but I had to do blood work. Did that and then last week they called me that the courier who shipped it got caught in a storm and the timing of the blood had basically expired before they could test it. So, I had to go back this morning and they took my blood again. Hopefully it will be a better result this time around. Who knew they had to send it from here in Florida all the way out to Utah to get the results? Oh well, nothing I can do about it now except wait (again). Will keep you posted.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

In looking for a day pack, I came across an Osprey I really liked that that also matches up color-wise with my other gear (shoes, rain shell). Not as bright as your Cotopaxi, @slidergirl, but I like it:

image.thumb.png.fca109b103690358182793a89c7d4f02.png

And by using the Prime points, it was only a couple of dollars more than the cheaper bags....hopefully I'll like it when it arrives.

So now I think I'm all set with my "outdoor gear" for the Iceland/Greenland trip.

@Lois R  Have you started your volunteering yet?

I really like Daylite bags

• Like 2