for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

4 hours ago, awhfy said:

Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs CO last night, taken from our local news. 

IMG_9272.jpeg

Beautiful!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

Good morning, wanting to wish all of you on here a Happy Mother's Day and to all who represent Mom's.......Step Mom's, Grandma's, etc.........

Happy Mother's Day! - The Good Shepherd ...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hi all!

Finally had a nice, warm, sunny day up here. My cough is better, but not gone.  Ventured out and about.  Coffee and an egg&cheese croissant at a little place up the road where there is lots of outdoor seating in their garden (it's part of a nursery).  Drove down the mountain to the Valley.  Stopped at REI first.  I have a $70 dividend so went looking for a pair of pants I wanted, but they didn't have my size or color.  The REI anniversary sale starts next weekend so maybe I can find something then.   Then drove downtown to the Italian/Med grocery.  Found the sherry vinegar and 2 kinds of paprika I wanted.  Salivated at all the meats & cheeses.  Finally, stopped at TJ's to grab some things - the spanish tortilla, $1.99 spaghetti sauce, spicy mango lemonade, the sous vide turkey & chicken.   A nice day out.   

If anyone is looking around for some outerwear, Cotopaxi has a 50% off sale going on some of their things.  

Today is laundry and dishes day.  Ugh.   My travel "hamster wheel" is trying to spin up but I'm resisting the urge.  I am trying to vacation vicariously through you all!!

OOTD:  warm enough (65) so it's jean shorts and a Tshirt.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Hi Kat, glad your cough is doing better!

I went looking for a pair of shoes but could not find anything. I was looking for a nice pair of Esapdrilles.. I know they are casual but thought maybe I could find something......went to 3 stores. Dillard's had some but they were too heavy!.....oh well.

Melody, how are you and Les both doing?

• Like 1

I had my PT exam today & tested out at 98%!!  I’m feeling really good & lose the sling tomorrow!  Les is still struggling with the vision. He’s having his eye injections on 24th; hopefully that will reduce the swelling behind the retinas. 

today was the first warmish day we’ve had in quite awhile. It’s thundering & raining now (we really need the rain)

Lois, do you have a Tradehome shoe store close to you?  I find most of my nice sandals,  sneakers & casual shoes there. Melody

• Like 2

Hi Melody, nope, I have never heard of that store before. We have DSW though.

Glad you are doing so well🙂 and hope Les gets better soon.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Lois, DSW has a good sale going on

Hi Melody, good morning, I stopped in there the other day but as soon as I got inside the store? Well, it felt like ice box and even with my warm up jacket on it was so cold I had to leave the store.😮 I need to go back BUT I need to wear warmer clothes. I know that sounds crazy but it was really uncomfortable!

• Like 1

Well, I went to DSW and Famous Footwear and didn't find anything......they both had so many choices but nothing that said "Buy Me"

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Well, I went to DSW and Famous Footwear and didn't find anything......they both had so many choices but nothing that said "Buy Me"

I know these aren't "espadrilles", but, if you were looking for a rope-sided-wedge, look at the Kork-Ease Myrna Classic or Myrna 2.0.  They have cork sides instead of rope.  I picked up a pair on a lucky chance of a sale back in 2019.  

If anyone likes organic cotton when they travel, Pact (wearpact.com) has some A-line basic tank dresses for $38.  At that price, one would even be good as a beach/pool coverup.  I don't have a Pact dress,  but I have several T and tank shirts and undies from them.  Love them.  

Oh - I made the TJ's sous vide chicken thighs last night - very juicy and tasty!  I just followed the microwave instructions.  Another good and quick meal option! just add a veggie or starch of your choice.

OOTD:  my old floral capri leggings and a blue Woolx Bella sleeveless Tshirt.  It's sunny and going up to 67, so ditching the long sleeve T.   

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

Try Soludos.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Try Soludos.com

Thanks for the link😃. They certainly have a lot of choices! I really wanted to get something for my cruise so not sure if ordering on line will get them to me on time.........I leave a week from Saturday.

• Like 1

REI is having their Anniversary Sale now!  25-40% off some good items for travel stuff and clothes and outerwear.  Lots of Sherpani bags!  If you are sniffing around for some goodies, check it out.  I got a collapsible hiking staff (has a cane handle so it can be used as a cane, too, if you shorten), some miscellany little things.  Used up my $70 dividend.  For some reason, no clothes called my name this time.  

OOTD:  warmer today (up to maybe 70) and sunny, so another pair of capri leggings and a Woolx sleeveless shirt.  

• Like 1

I got a cute (kind of kitschy) tshirt for Hawaii & a whisper light cardigan. This cardigan comes in a multitude of colors. These are from Chicos Off The Rack. First day without my sling. My shoulder is healing very well, I’m working very hard!  Melody 

IMG_9292.jpeg

• Like 4

Melody - that is a great outfit for HI!!  Like I said before be sure to take your sling with you, or buy a cute one from Amazon.  It is useful if your arm gets tired!!   Good thoughts to Les on the injections..

On the Hawaii cruise:  if you have an day/evening in Honolulu and looking for a fun, inexpensive to eat place - Marugame Udon on Kuhio St in Waikiki.  My favorite spot in Honolulu.  You will wait in line!  It's a fresh-made udon spot.  You grab a tray and move along, order your udon, move along, grab some tempura, move along, get your drink, pay, find a seat.  I usually get the Ontama or Kitsune Udon, but I've heard the Beef ones are good, too.  I'll grab a couple pieces of veggie tempura and a water.  Never been over $15 for my meal.  Their website: marugameudon.com.  There's also a location on Fort St near the ports, but never been there,   The other thing in Honolulu that I love is going up to the Diamond Head Market for lunch and aways pick up a couple of the cream cheese scones!!!    Or to Leonard's for some malasadas!

UGH.  Got a notice today that I'm in the jury pool from July 1-Dec 31.  I don't mind, though.  My last one was last March.  I got picked for a trial pool but then we weren't needed.   It was 2 weeks before the infamous Glyneth Paltrow ski accident trial.  Wish I could have been on that one!!!  

Rainy day today and possible overnight snow tonight and same tomorrow.  more Ugh.  

OOTD:  hanging out in a pair of capri leggings and a Tshirt. 

• Like 1

They will go with all kinds of outfits. And I didn't realize we have a JCrew outlet right near me and everything had really good prices. I got a of black pants in a linen blend....they are casual and really fit me well and look nice too.

Kat, I went into REI but did not find anything. There was a cute long sleeved t shirt with a pretty floral print on it. It was on the clearance rack but it was still over 60.00 bucks! I passed on it.

• Like 2

Kat, I’ve bought a white mesh sling. Both doc & pt said wear it in the airport & in big crowds (Arizona Memorial). It’s very light & breathable.  Thanks for the udon restaurant. I think I’ve been there. I’m very familiar with Diamond Head Market & Leonard’s. We aren’t cruising this trip, it’s strictly land vaca. 

Lois, great shoes!  They’ll go with so many things. 

• Like 1

Hi Lois,

I got back on Sunday. The trip was very nice and I had a good time. On Saturday waiting to board, we had to wait outside because the Coast Guard was inspecting the ship. Then we could enter the terminal and get checked in and sat for a while. Around noontime, the CG walked out to a round of applause and we could finally board. 

Most of the time, I ate in the Oceanview Cafe and a couple of nights in the dining room. One night I went to Tuscan Grill. There was a variety of shows such as singers, Broadway Cabaret, Uptown Boys singing Billy Joel songs, comedian in the theater as well as entertainment in the Grand Foyer. I thought the ship was well kept and had very good service. 

First day in Bermuda was partly cloudy/sunny, cloudy Thursday and rain Friday. But I did what I wanted prior to Friday.  I did one excursion to the zoo and aquarium, took the ferry to Hamilton and walked around the Dockyard.  Came home late Sunday afternoon.

• Like 3