for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Happy anniversary Sherri!

That Elk looks huge Kat and its baby is so cute ,I hope they are ok in the street ,not where they should be in the wild.

Lovely outfit Melody.

I hope your test results came back well Lois.

I also hope Cynthia is back home safely or still in Europe enjoying her holiday.

We have just enjoyed a cold few days at the lake and are back home ,work tomorrow .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrToblerone said:

Happy anniversary Sherri!

That Elk looks huge Kat and its baby is so cute ,I hope they are ok in the street ,not where they should be in the wild.

Lovely outfit Melody.

I hope your test results came back well Lois.

I also hope Cynthia is back home safely or still in Europe enjoying her holiday.

We have just enjoyed a cold few days at the lake and are back home ,work tomorrow .

It's a moose.  Our neighborhood backs up to a large wild area, so wildlife are frequent visitors.  The mama moose seem very comfortable to bring their babies here to relax in the shade of our trees.  The wild behind us is all scrub and bushes so no shade.  We're a small neighborhood and we all love and protect the moose as our own.  I've lived here since 2009 and the moose have always come here.  

Hot, hot, hot.  My body does not do well with heat so I'm just hunkering down in my house with my ceiling fans going.  "Cooling off" to the high 80s for a few days starting tomorrow, then it goes back up. Ugh

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We dont have moose or elk in NZ , that is so cool you live in an area where there is so much wildlife, Hows the squirrel?

Look after yourself in that heat.

Edited by MrToblerone

Posted (edited)

Another triple digit day. We’re hiding inside with ac & ceiling fans & all window coverings closed. Tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter. 

we’re not getting moose or elk here, just big fat bears 

Edited by awhfy

Chicago trip done. It was 20° cooler and awesome. Did a ton of walking and met the future SIL's family. Daughter has a wedding dress. She is gorgeous (I might be biased)

Five days later (3 work), I might be recovered.

20240708_102253.jpg

20240707_124511.jpg

20240707_120910.jpg

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

Purple - that dress is gorgeous!  It reminds me of a starry night.

Mr. Squirrel is doing fine.  He comes and goes.  He has a little nest in an old shutter cover above my back patio screen door.  He's hilarious - he'll climb up/down my screen door to get to the food, then hang upside down on the screen to eat a little.  He'll relax in the crook of the down spout next to the shutter cover.  From there, he can jump into the trees and then onto the fence where he'll scurry to where ever.  He's fun to watch.

No fat bears in the neighborhood - they live about 2 miles away up in the woods on the other side of the highway.  

We are slooooowly cooling down to the upper 80s.  Last night I was baking - 85 in the house.  It was a little tough to get to sleep.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Well, I have to have labs done again because for some reason they did not process everything the first time......What a pain. So right now I am sitting in the Quest waiting room as a walk in.....it is 3:15 and they close at 4. Let's see if I get taken before closing time. I usually make an appt but the lab is close to me so I decided to try today.

Will let you know what happens.

I was the last patient of the day but that is ok with me. They took my blood again and I certainly hope they do it correctly this time.

• Like 1

Did anyone find any good things on Prime Day?  I only picked up some storage boxes that I do need,  I was thinking of replacing my old "dumb" TV with a newer smart one, but nothing that would fit in the space was on sale.  

OOTD:  hot and smoky today, so I'm staying inside today.  running shorts and a tank top for my attire.

Hi Kat, I can't remember the last time I ordered anything from Amazon. I am probably in the VERY small minority of people who just doesn't shop with them. 

4 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Kat, I can't remember the last time I ordered anything from Amazon. I am probably in the VERY small minority of people who just doesn't shop with them. 

I'm not a frequent Amazon shopper,  but I do Kindle books and Audible books.  I'll look there for some items that are hard to find up here and the electronics are sometimes good.  I had been looking all over for these storage boxes and didn't find anything I liked so finding these on Prime days was a good thing for me.  To get electronics, I do enough research that I know that certain things are available on Amazon and don't need the help of a sales person.  I don't do clothes - I did buy that big parka there because one of my owners bought hers there and I loved it.  The rest, to me, is like "fast fashion" and I'm not into that.  There were some online articles on some travel goodies on Prime Day sales - nothing I didn't have or want.  

• Like 1

I haven’t even looked at prime day today!  Forgot all about it. We had 2” of rain yesterday (in 10 minutes, what a gully washer!). It’s raining lightly now. I’ll take it, first rain since early May!!!

Hi,,I am sitting in the Imaging place after just having a Mammogram. Waiting to find out if they are going to do an ultra sound on the left breast( that is the one I had the surgery on back in 2019). 

The Imagjng place is running way behind today. I had a 12:45 appt but did not get taken till 1:30.......Grrrrrr

I cannot stand waiting after my appointment time because someone is running late!  At least text me so I can adjust my schedule.  

Supposed to maybe get some rain later today.  I hope so.  It's to freakin' dry everywhere. 

After having my first gin & tonic at Jose Andres' restaurant in Vegas, I've been having some more here at home.  I remember having one a long time ago and hating it, so I never tried before.  I bought a little bottle of Hendrick's (the one used in Vegas) and Fever Tree tonic.  Pretty refreshing in the evening when it's 82 degrees in the house.  I read up on some other uses for tonic and came across one that uses white port instead of the gin.  I did it last night and it was tasty.  

OOTD:  another hot one so just shorts and a Tshirt...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

I cannot stand waiting after my appointment time because someone is running late!  At least text me so I can adjust my schedule.  

Supposed to maybe get some rain later today.  I hope so.  It's to freakin' dry everywhere. 

After having my first gin & tonic at Jose Andres' restaurant in Vegas, I've been having some more here at home.  I remember having one a long time ago and hating it, so I never tried before.  I bought a little bottle of Hendrick's (the one used in Vegas) and Fever Tree tonic.  Pretty refreshing in the evening when it's 82 degrees in the house.  I read up on some other uses for tonic and came across one that uses white port instead of the gin.  I did it last night and it was tasty.  

Funny you should mention Fever Tree tonic, when our youngest son was here in early July, he wanted to make some gin and tonics but said all we had was cheap, nasty tonic.  He claims a good gin and tonic is all about the tonic and Publix tonic water was not good enough.🤣.  He claims Fever Tree is one of the best and made a trip to the ABC store just to get that!  It was pretty good🤣

Lois, I hope the rest of your appointment went well!

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

Lois, hope all turns out well

i only drink FeverTree diet tonic water & it makes a huge difference in taste in a Grey Goose (vodka) or Sapphire gin. I even bring it on board for cruises. I order a double shot of Grey Goose in a tall glass with ice & pour my own FeverTree diet tonic. Bartender told me on last cruise it was the best he’d ever had

Hi Sherri, the Dr said everything looks good😀

As for Tonic, many people I have met on my cruises say Fever Tree is the best.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Try the FeverTree pink grapefruit. It makes a lovely Paloma 

Posted (edited)

We went out to lunch today after meeting with our financial advisor. I had a pistachio martini & yummy lunch. Enough leftover for another meal (I drank the martini tho…)

IMG_0516.jpeg

IMG_0517.jpeg

Edited by awhfy
  • Like 2

Hi Melody, the food and drink in the photo look yummy😃 and the top you are wearing is so pretty! 

I just made final payment for my next  cruise. I am going on a 14 day TA crossing Lisbon to Ft. Lauderdale in Nov. It will be my first time doing Thanksgiving on a ship.

• Like 2

Thanks Lois, the top is from Chicos. Their semi-annual sale is in its last weekend.  Some amazing deals. 

your cruise sounds so relaxing!

19 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I read up on some other uses for tonic and came across one that uses white port instead of the gin.  I did it last night and it was tasty.  

My parents frequently drink white port & tonic in the summer - because port is so much lower in alcohol than gin, it makes for a more 'drinkable' cocktail. 

• Like 2