Musicians

GottaKnowWhen

On a sad note, Kenny Rogers passed away. For those who are not familiar with him and his music, you have probably heard his Gambler piece, the inspiration for my screen name here.

On a brighter note, two of our favorite single or duo acts on Celebrity ships, Sashi At Sea and Gilly And The Girl have been posting their music online. Check on YouTube, etc. Dial them up, sit back and imagine yourself in the Ensemble Lounge with your evening cocktail in hand... Then go find a video of Rogers, on a train, singing the Gambler tune. 

Stan

• Like 1

This thread will probably be moved as it is not Celebrity or even cruise specific.  Bummer. Really liked Kenny in the '60s. 1966...New Christy Minstrels. 1967...Kenny Rogers and the Fifth Dimension, great band. ✌️

Edited by davekathy

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

This thread will probably be moved as it is not Celebrity or even cruise specific.  Bummer. Really liked Kenny in the '60s. 1966...New Christy Minstrels. 1967...Kenny Rogers and the Fifth Dimension, great band. ✌️

I believe it was the First Edition.  🙂

11 minutes ago, Texed said:

I believe it was the First Edition.  🙂

OOOPS!! Yes it was the First Edition. The Fifth Dimension was also good. I'm lucky to remember anything from the '60s. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Then let's make this thread about cruising...we need more threads like this IMO....

I, for one, have always enjoyed the musicians on board Celebrity ships and have often wondered how they manage to get a gig on board.  One of my favorite things to do before dinner is grab a cocktail and head to the atrium to listen to music, people watch, and cut a little rug with my DH.

20 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Then let's make this thread about cruising...we need more threads like this IMO....

I, for one, have always enjoyed the musicians on board Celebrity ships and have often wondered how they manage to get a gig on board.  One of my favorite things to do before dinner is grab a cocktail and head to the atrium to listen to music, people watch, and cut a little rug with my DH.

Agree. Some of the guest tribute bands we've seen on Celebrity and RC  have been really good. We would also like to see the Celebrity house bands do an evening show. 

• Like 2

Great idea..

Our all time fav musicians on X were OPUS...a genuine island band! Lots of fun and happy times!  Anyone remember the dollar song? (You can google or see u tube for some good versions!)

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1