Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

On 10/8/2022 at 1:43 PM, Lanky Lad said:

Welcome home HH.

I had a nice surprise today. I was getting ready for my QV trip at the end of the month and found a bag with 33 Euros in it.

Sounds like an omen to me LL. By the way, I thought about you as I was eating my Fish and Chips with Sarson's vinegar last week as you recommended. Excellent. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, techteach said:

@Bigmike911 Do follow baseball? Are you an Astros fan?

Yes, since they were the Colt 45s. Which shows you how old I am. I would like to see the Astro's redeem themselves and go all the way. But I think that any team that gets this far in the season, including your's is a great team. 

Edited by Bigmike911
  • Like 2

Weather is weird here in Big Swampy. Dark and overcast. It looks like Autumn but step outside and it is 86 degrees and humid. It was beautiful for a couple of days after Ian passed by, but its back to sauna weather now.Sigh 

I’m making thin glove inserts for our heavy mittens in preparation for the cold. In Tromsø in November it will be 60-70 degrees (f) colder than when we leave home. We have less than two weeks before we depart for our voyage on QM2. 

• Like 1

Thought I would pop in and say hi. 
We are currently steaming towards Moorea and the temp is a toasty 27C.
We crossed the equator last night so we are now officially in the Southern Hemisphere and it is now spring/summer again !

• Like 4

Sounds fabulous. I survived my first week back at work, although I did get a bit tired of answering the "How was your holiday?" question! We're all in Pembrokeshire for the weekend. We've had some nice warm days this week but it looks like a wet weekend.

• Like 2

The Houston Astros beat the Seattle Mariners 1-0 last night in a game that ran 18 innings. For our friends who may not know American Baseball, that is 9 innings longer than a normal game, but they must play until someone wins. That places the Astros at three to nothing in the best of Seven Divisional Playoffs. This year is getting exciting. Go Astros. Tech Teach did you watch the game?

11 minutes ago, Bigmike911 said:

The Houston Astros beat the Seattle Mariners 1-0 last night in a game that ran 18 innings. For our friends who may not know American Baseball, that is 9 innings longer than a normal game, but they must play until someone wins. That places the Astros at three to nothing in the best of Seven Divisional Playoffs. This year is getting exciting. Go Astros. Tech Teach did you watch the game?

Oh Bigmike911, that was quite a game. Your team is very good and simply played better than we did. This series was best of 5, so we are out. @Bigmike911 do you want to play the Yankees or Cleveland?  I was sorry to see the Braves lose to the Phillies. Guess I’ll be rooting for the Padres.

7 hours ago, techteach said:

Oh Bigmike911, that was quite a game. Your team is very good and simply played better than we did. This series was best of 5, so we are out. @Bigmike911 do you want to play the Yankees or Cleveland?  I was sorry to see the Braves lose to the Phillies. Guess I’ll be rooting for the Padres.

I had confused "best of" numbers. I think I would rather we play the Yankees to the Cleveland "Whatevers".

13 hours ago, ronpes said:

Another warm day in Moorea.
It’s 32C here today. Beautiful place. 

F5F85969-0BD7-42E6-BDE4-FF695DA9605A.jpeg

A great shot! It is rainy and cool in S.E. Texas and with the hot, dry, drought filled summer we had, the rain is a thing of beauty. Every drop counts. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

That looks stunning, Mr HH and Biggles are still in Pembrokeshire but I had an early start this morning to go straight to work from there. Our newest great niece has arrived so hopefully she'll enjoy a cuddly ship ! I 

I bet she’d prefer a cuddly Cunard Bear. Enjoy her!

• Haha 1

Not sure where to post this. 

Am on board QM2 for first ever cruise/crossing. Just a few comments:

- Embarkation was quick and flawless. We are in Queens and arrived an hour early… but so many staff! On board at 12:30 which would’ve been 30 mins earlier but QM2 was late in

- at check in only asked if had Vaccines - no proof required… seems a bit daft

- I have Wi-Fi in the room; not bad either (9052 so pretty central if that matters

- reports of QM2 decline are premature in terms of what it looks like; a touch of rust on our balcony but it’s permanently at sea. Bit of rust on the hull… so what. Inside looks lovely 

- Queens restaurant service SO efficient; not totally bowled over yet by the food. Very very good though; will try rack of lamb tonight

- Ship is quiet but pretty sure it’s pretty close to full… though speaking to a couple on Isle of Wight fastcat they’d lost 2 of their party to Covid

- that’s all for now. 

Edited by buchanan101
  • Like 3

On 10/17/2022 at 11:15 PM, techteach said:

I bet she’d prefer a cuddly Cunard Bear. Enjoy her!

She'll have to wait until her 1st birthday then, we're not due to sail again until next June and she's not having any of mine 🤣.

Mr HH and Biggles are back from Pembrokeshire, I think he only came back to have his flu jab this afternoon! I had my COVID booster yesterday.

• Like 1