Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

Another day,. Another storm 

Trees down and roads flooded everywhere. 

Too terrible to go out anywhere. 

Thus the best thing to do on a day like this is to sit with the feet up and watch “Wallace and Gromit” with a refreshment. 

Bliss. 

• Like 1

We went out for Boxing Day Lunch today. I know it was a day late but the restaurant we wanted to have lunch at decided to give all the staff holidays from 18th to 26th December and was closed yesterday. Even wearing her napkin as a bib Nora still got a spot of gravy on the skirt. She should have used more napkins. I managed remove the spot when we got home.

A7C05832.thumb.JPG.e2172365bc0c9d90264bf2cc2cab06e6.JPG

A7C05807.thumb.JPG.7e02f6993174527f26e92e864b3ad83e.JPG

IMG_20231227_141859545.thumb.jpg.06dbad35f9a171bbec1a79e0b1650f0b.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/30/2023 at 4:22 PM, techteach said:

@Host Hattie and @ronpes I hope you can stay warm and dry. Hope the ponies are safe.

Thank you, it's very mild so we're warm but we did get a bit wet going across the road for dinner last night! 

We're having a quiet night in so Happy New Year however you're spending the evening and Thank you for your company this year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Happy new year to everyone too. We have also had a quiet night in - pizza and a film. Fireworks have been going off intermittently since about 6pm. It’s nearly 1030pm UK time as I type - I’ll be going up to bed soon and Mr K & I will see the new year in, tucked up with our books. Mine is the new Poirot novel, written by Sophie Hannah, with the blessing of Agatha Christie’s literary estate. It’s called Hercule Poirot’s Silent Night, which will probably be something of a misnomer come midnight! (I do recommend all the books in this series if you are a Christie fan.)

• Like 3

Happy New Year, everyone. We were meant to be on QM2 again this year, however, I was assigned to be "on-call" over the holiday season which prevented that. So we're having a quiet night in, watching the fireworks from the various contries. The London fireworks are only a few tube stops away, but knowing my luck we'd have gone and I'd have had a call from work... oh well!

Excited for more adventures in the new year and continuing to contribute to the Cunard CC boards.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rmsEtruria said:

Cats are curious—want to know what day it is . . . Happy New Year!

Yes!

Of our last two; one was partially sighted and her sister didn't have any teeth for her last seven years.

Having a pair from kittenhood can be challenging. But fun.

• Like 2

Happy New Year to everyone. 

It’s a beautiful sunny day here in NE Scotland. Cold, but very nice and bright and just glad that it’s not raining for a change. 

Now that we have crept into January, our July sailing on the QM2 seems that little bit closer. 

We we went round to the pub last night for a few drinks but left just after 11pm and saw in the New Year at home with a cup of tea!

All the best to everyone on the Cunard boards. 

• Like 4

Thanks for the recommendation @Kynance, I've bought Silent Night for my Kindle. I've just finished "The Last Passenger", set on a Transatlantic liner. It was certainly a page turner but I'm not sure if I enjoyed it !

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone! Just getting going this morning after watching the ball drop in Times Square, New York on TV as usual last night and then staying up another hour to see in the new year here in the US Central time zone.

There's the Tournament of Roses parade to watch on TV shortly followed by several America football bowl games, also as usual. And it will be a turkey dinner for us today to celebrate the occasion.

On a pratical note, @Host Hattie, it's probably time to unstick my "Dress Code and Theme Schedules for 2023" sticky.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, D&N said:

Yes!

Of our last two; one was partially sighted and her sister didn't have any teeth for her last seven years.

Having a pair from kittenhood can be challenging. But fun.

We’ve raised most of our cats from kittenhood. Two of them, Rex and Tanaquil (both in feline Elysium now), were rescue cases and severely challenged by neurological damage impeding their motor control; but all in all, it’s been more fun than challenging.

• Like 1

Another day,….another storm. 

Looks like the nice weather yesterday was just temporary relief and the prelude to another storm. 

What’s the saying again? 

“No such thing as bad weather,…just inappropriate clothing” 

thing is,…at this rate I’ll run out of clothing!…lol. 

Stay safe everyone. 

• Like 2

I thought of our group last night as I watched the New Years big bang over London, as recorded, on YouTube. I think London wins for best of show. I didn’t see any other city with music that was better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ronpes said:

Another day,….another storm. 

Looks like the nice weather yesterday was just temporary relief and the prelude to another storm. 

What’s the saying again? 

“No such thing as bad weather,…just inappropriate clothing” 

thing is,…at this rate I’ll run out of clothing!…lol. 

Stay safe everyone. 

Just as I was reading this earlier the wind strengthened and the power went off !

It was back on within about 20 minutes and fortunately the wind had dropped by the time I drove home. This was the road between our village and the nearest town. 

FB_IMG_1704210787470.jpg