Cunard Cruisers - How are things where you are ?

Host Hattie

13 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

Apologies for my spelling. Unfortunately it looks like my trip included an unwanted extra. I have tested positive for covid. 

Whoops!  Take care, feel better soon -

• Thanks 1

Hope you're feeling OK @Lanky Lad, welcome home @Camgirl and @rakkor, thanks for keeping us updated on your Northern Lights adventure.

We had a small ceremony this morning to bury my Mother in law's ashes and then went for lunch with family. It was a beautiful sunny day but the wind was strong and very cold.

• Like 4

I still have a bit of a cough but other than that I don't feel too bad. I do feel guilty now I I think I have given it to my mother. She has not tested yet but will do later.

I am in her bad books as she was due her spring booster on Saturday.

3 hours ago, rakkor said:

I feel I'm over the hill now but Jane is suffering and has spent the day in bed.

Glad to hear you are getting better now. Send Jane our love, hope she is soon on the mend too. Thanks for your company on board. Hope to see you both again on another cruise one day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

I still have a bit of a cough but other than that I don't feel too bad. I do feel guilty now I I think I have given it to my mother. She has not tested yet but will do later.

I am in her bad books as she was due her spring booster on Saturday.

Glad to hear you are improving too, Lanky lad. I hope your Mum is ok and forgives you soon!!

• Thanks 1

It's 5 days since I tested positive for Covid. Thankfully I have not been too ill, but do still have a bit of a cough i need to shift. Two bits of good news. I have just done a test which was negative and mum seems to be one the mend. Both of us have had the symtoms you would expect from a mild head cold.

So long as I test negative again on Monday, I will be able to go to work.

• Like 6

On 4/2/2022 at 6:46 PM, Lanky Lad said:

It's 5 days since I tested positive for Covid. Thankfully I have not been too ill, but do still have a bit of a cough i need to shift. Two bits of good news. I have just done a test which was negative and mum seems to be one the mend. Both of us have had the symtoms you would expect from a mild head cold.

So long as I test negative again on Monday, I will be able to go to work.

Glad to hear you are better. Did you have your flu shot this year? 

On 4/4/2022 at 7:49 PM, Host Hattie said:

That's good news, how is Jane doing @rakkor ?

I tested negative this morning (day 12), Jane tested positive still, but with a very faint line. She's still suffering with a bit of vertigo, so in assuming she's got some kind of ear infection associated with it.

1 hour ago, rakkor said:

I tested negative this morning (day 12), Jane tested positive still, but with a very faint line. She's still suffering with a bit of vertigo, so in assuming she's got some kind of ear infection associated with it.

So glad to hear you are both nearly there. Quite possible Jane has an ear infection with the covid, I had a chest infection as well, when I had it. I hope she gets rid of it soon, the vertigo thing is not nice.

Good to hear that those of you who have/had the bug are recovering. I don’t want to jinx things but we’ve so far managed to avoid it.

I’ve got to transport this 70th birthday cake 200 miles this weekend and I’m starting to realise that I should have used a much more substantial board. 😬 Looks like I’ll be driving very carefully.

D36F9349-0112-414C-B251-BDED9EF38566.thumb.jpeg.1fc0f5cf7e7b80851837fc0197bd34dc.jpeg

Edited by Colin_Cameron
  • Like 3

We avoided Rona this whole time until recently. 

My husband dealt with a very mild case of it…. Guessing it was the Omicron variant as it is here in the US.
His case presented itself like seasonal allergies at first (which he has normally) and then like a sinus infection (which he also has normally after a big flare up of his allergies from pollen)

He did also have the earache as some have discussed.

But

No fever, no aches, no loss of smell or taste… a tiny bit of a cough… but nothing alarming. He said the cough just felt like it was caused by the sinus drainage.

(We are double vaxed and then both had our booster in October.)

I did NOT catch it and have been just fine.

it’s a strange virus, for sure.

So grateful he had a very mild case and is feeling great now. 😊

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rakkor said:

Glad you are now Negaitve and I hope Jane soon test negative as well. We are all recovering well here thank goodness.