FCC Questions - Each person gets one, not who paid?

js

Hi. I just read on FB that if your cruise is canceled, each person in the cabin gets the FCC, not the person that paid for the cruise. I wasnt aware this is how the FCC is distributed. What would happen if a person couldnt go if booked a new date? Could the FCC be used with the same cabin with other people?  I have four in an H4 two bedroom and two in an H5 for August 9 but if canceled my son may not be able to go on a new date since he will be starting a job after the summer. 

My final payment is April 11 for my August 9 Encore Haven sailing and not sure what to do about the two cabins. 

I was originally thinking perhaps I would cancel before final payment and move to February and if August stayed open, move my cruise back. 

If I cancel and then August is a go, I am sure NCL will double the prices since many will want to get away especially in the summer. I also used two FCCs for deposit on one of the cabins. Will I get that back too?

Yes the FCC is per person but you don’t have to rebook on the same cruise. So I’m the case of your son he could go on a different cruise. At the same time not all of you need to take the FCC. He could take the refund the rest of you could take FCC. 

I don’t think you can take the FCC and apply it to other people if that is what you meant by Could the FCC be used with the same cabin with other people?

I feel your pain, not a cruise but I had paid for 3 first class tickets from NJ to FL for Easter break for my son, DIL, and grandson. When I cancelled the flights with UA, no refund only travel vouchers in their name which they will never use by the time it expires. I sure could use to apply to airfare on cruises I've been looking at. Credits or refunds imo should be issued to the credit card holder that paid.

Edited by njkate

If I had a cruise with 4 people that was $4000 total where kids were free at booking would each person get a credit of $1000 or would the 3rd and 4th passengers only get the port fees and the bulk be split between guests 1 and 2?

In either case, if the same 4 people went on a cruise that was $5000, would the entire $4000 be able to be applied or if kids are free again? Would there be a case where we would not be able to apply the entire balance?

It's clear in the terms,   the credits go to each individual in the booking.     Invoices are specific with charges of each person.    In the past this is what credits and refunds have been based upon.    There is no reason to expect anything different.     

I'd suggest invoices be located and referred to.   

Which is exactly why I will have to take a refund if my May cruise is cancelled.  I booked and paid for the cruise as a solo, then later invited someone to go, since the only cost for them would be for the port fees/taxes.  They have no claim to the FCC and the chances of coordinating a cruise together in the future is slim to none, so cash it is.  Sadly, I had a really good deal on the cruise, since it was a replacement for a different cruise that had been cancelled and therefore highly discounted with lots of perks.

Still on the fence between FCC and refund for a cruise that has already been cancelled.

1 hour ago, MechE31 said:

If I had a cruise with 4 people that was $4000 total where kids were free at booking would each person get a credit of $1000 or would the 3rd and 4th passengers only get the port fees and the bulk be split between guests 1 and 2?

In either case, if the same 4 people went on a cruise that was $5000, would the entire $4000 be able to be applied or if kids are free again? Would there be a case where we would not be able to apply the entire balance?

My experience

FCC's go to each person in the amount that was applied to each person, so if 3 and 4 were free they would only get taxes, port fees, and anything else that was paid in their name eg prepaid grats, shore excursions.(regardless who paid it)

Two FCCs were applied to each of us (4 people) - one for 100% and one for 25%

We were told that the 25% FCC can only be applied to the "cruise fare" on a new booking, so persons 3 and 4 could not use that 25% FCC if 3 and 4 are "free" on the new booking.  Their 25% FCC goes into their account for another future cruise. We are currently in dispute over this, as FAQ says FCCs can be used for any purchase except OBC

The 100% FCC can be used for the new booking. We applied persons 3 and 4 100% FCC as the deposit.

Persons 1 and 2 have their 100% FCC in account to pay for final payment, and hopefully shore excursions with leftovers.

Thank you all. 

I agree. If I am paying the full $14K+, there is no reason all should get the FCC. 

My final payment is April 11. I think I am going to cancel August and move my cruise to February. If August seems to be a go, I will cancel February and book August. I will move the two FCCs I had over to February for one cabin and move OBC for my dd’s cabin that was given to her by my sister for Christmas. 

I prepaid gratuities so will get that back and will ask the deposits get rolled over to February sailing (and back to August if ends up sailing) along with the OBC given to my dd for her and her cabin at Christmas. 

Would above work?

Thank you. 

If we kept the cruise and NCL canceled for August 9, what I have been reading is that the full amount of the cruise can be put back on the credit card that paid for the cruise. I can opt for this instead of the FCC? Is this correct?

People that have taken the option of full refund and not FCC are actually seeing refunds back to their card?

If above is correct, I will just do above rather than cancel since either way I will get my money back, is this also correct? Also, if I opt for this, I should take off my pre paid gratuities before making final payment in case my cruise gets canceled. Is this also correct?

Thank you. 

Edited by js

10 hours ago, js said:

If we kept the cruise and NCL canceled for August 9, what I have been reading is that the full amount of the cruise can be put back on the credit card that paid for the cruise. I can opt for this instead of the FCC? Is this correct?

People that have taken the option of full refund and not FCC are actually seeing refunds back to their card?

If above is correct, I will just do above rather than cancel since either way I will get my money back, is this also correct? Also, if I opt for this, I should take off my pre paid gratuities before making final payment in case my cruise gets canceled. Is this also correct?

Thank you. 

Hi. 

Can anyone please let me know if I have above correct?  If so, I will just proceed as cruising and take a full refund for both cabins on my card since I paid for both if this in fact can be done if NCL cancels. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

Don't believe everything you read here.  There is a lot of speculation and guessing. 

Have people received their credits back to their cards?