Seattle halts all cruise to Alaska Indefinitely.

Ptroxx

10 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

I sadly cancelled my August sailing on the Sun last week ..... I figured this was going to happen in Seattle. That and with Canada basically closed I wanted my money back ASAP as I knew it wasn’t going to happen .

Were you promised a refund even though YOU cancelled???? You say you wanted your money back ASAP but for client cancellations prior to NCL cancelling a cruise there is only an FCC. Thanks for your reply.

?????

6 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I never said I was sure I was correct. Your missing the point.  
im saying that some of NCL agents have no clue of what their talking about.  
That’s why I started a few different chats with agents this morning to get more confirmation that they have no clue what their talking about 
Geez someone needs a walk or something.  

Nowhere in any of your posts did you say that it was an example of NCL agents not having a clue.  You were incorrectly telling people they could get a refund.

When people complain about how long it takes to get their refund, just remember that you are not the only one taking up the agent's time - just to confirm what anyone who has been on CC for any amount of time already knows.

24 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Were you promised a refund even though YOU cancelled???? You say you wanted your money back ASAP but for client cancellations prior to NCL cancelling a cruise there is only an FCC. Thanks for your reply.

?????

An August sailing would most likely be prior to final payment, so still cancellable for a full refund.

Just now, kaprin02 said:

An August sailing would most likely be prior to final payment, so still cancellable for a full refund.

Thanks Kaprin. Makes sense. Watching this closely with a May 17 Seattle-Alaska cruise. Lots of big "ifs". Especially if you'll never use a FCC.

9 minutes ago, kaprin02 said:

Yes, I was at around 145 days and still outside the final  cancellation window. 6 days , nothing yet on the refund . She said 7-10 business days .... we will see about that .....

Edited by tallnthensome

5 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Yes, I was at around 145 days and still outside the final  cancellation window. 6 days , nothing yet on the refund . She said 7-10 business days .... we will see about that .....

I had another deposit on something else and cancelled 2 weeks ago. It was exactly 10 days for the refund. Glad you hadn't made final 🙂

54 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

im saying that some of NCL agents have no clue of what their talking about.  
That’s why I started a few different chats with agents this morning to get more confirmation that they have no clue what their talking about 

These folks are busy handling actual issues.  Not sure why you are taking up their time to prove a point you feel so confident about.  Why not leave them alone and let them do their jobs.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

These folks are busy handling actual issues.  Not sure why you are taking up their time to prove a point you feel so confident about.  Why not leave them alone and let them do their jobs.  

I asked actual issue questions.  I was chatting on book a new cruise section.  
So they have plenty of time to book new cruise Rather than taking care of the actual issue at hand like canceling current cruises to Alaska.   They are holding passengers money hostage just for their own money gains by collecting interest.  
instead of canceling cruises that will not happen.   It would be nice if they would do their job and cancel the cruise.  

11 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

It would be nice if they would do their job and cancel the cruise.  

Obviously the cruise lines have a cash flow problem. As much as I don't like it, can't blame them for looking for every possible contingency that might allow their various cruises to proceed.

1 minute ago, Petoonya said:

Obviously the cruise lines have a cash flow problem. As much as I don't like it, can't blame them for looking for every possible contingency that might allow their various cruises to proceed.

There’s no contingency for an Alaska cruise out of Seattle when both Seattle and Canada are closed to cruise ships.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

There’s no contingency for an Alaska cruise out of Seattle when both Seattle and Canada are closed to cruise ships.  

The problem is, is that Seattle is closed "indefinitely". There is no time line there. If coronavirus cases decline sharply in WA, Seattle could be open for business. Same is even possible for Canada. It's all a bunch of loose pieces.

15 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

I asked actual issue questions.  I was chatting on book a new cruise section.  
So they have plenty of time to book new cruise Rather than taking care of the actual issue at hand like canceling current cruises to Alaska.   They are holding passengers money hostage just for their own money gains by collecting interest.  
instead of canceling cruises that will not happen.   It would be nice if they would do their job and cancel the cruise.  

So you are asking the booking people questions about cancellation policies?  Apparently you believe that everyone at NCL should know all the details of every policy, even when it's not their department?  Most businesses do not cross-train all their employees. 

They are not holding your money hostage - you were expecting to spend it on a cruise in May - still weeks away.  You were more than willing to give it to them months ago (so they could also collect interest) when your final payment was due, not expecting to ever see that money again.  Until the day your cruise is actually cancelled, you aren't eligible for a cash refund.  Everyone at NCL is doing their job - why do you insist on making it harder?

2 hours ago, Ptroxx said:

I’m aware of the POM.   But Ive talked to 4 NCL agents in 12 hours. 2 last night and 2 today  and I get a different answer buy 50% of them. 2 say one thing and 2 say the other.   As you can read in the transcript I posted that says I can get a refund now.     

If you believe ANYTHING a phone rep tells you then you are delusional.  They have no idea what the policy is and the policy is a moving target anyway.  NCL reps have always been clueless.  To believe them now is pure insanity.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Love my butler said:

If you believe ANYTHING a phone rep tells you then you are delusional.  They have no idea what the policy is and the policy is a moving target anyway.  NCL reps have always been clueless.  To believe them now is pure insanity.

That’s why I talked to a few different agents.  I was looking at new cruises and no one really knew what they were talking about.