cruise ships stuck off Fremantle

14 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

Bit mean really - Eastern Staters have to go to the Duxton - Sandgropers get Rotto.

Originally WA wanted to send them all back to their own states. The Rotta accom looks wonderful. 

17 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Originally WA wanted to send them all back to their own states. The Rotta accom looks wonderful. 

Qatar Flight came in to Perth yesterday with Aussie cruisers from Italian ships - non with the virus - same drill, Eastern Staters get concrete and clay, (Duxton and and another city hotel, yet to be determined) Sandrgropers, get sun sea and sand (Rotto)

"The same arrangement will be in place for a Qatar Airways aircraft due to land in Perth on Monday carrying Australian passengers from Italian cruise liners.

About 270 Australians are on board the flight, including 120 West Australians. No passengers with coronavirus symptoms were allowed to board." 

Edited by dizzy1948

2 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

Qatar Flight came in to Perth yesterday with Aussie cruisers from Italian ships - non with the virus - same drill, Eastern Staters get concrete and clay, (Duxton and and another city hotel, yet to be determined) Sandrgropers, get sun sea and sand (Rotto)

Oh that's a bit sad! 😉 Oh well. At least they are almost home. 

11 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Why private hospitals in Perth?  Most Aussies can't afford to go to private hospitals, even if they have health insurance, because of the gap in costs.  (My daughter's friend had both her children in public hospitals, despite having health insurance, because it would have been too expensive to have her children in the private hospital)  I assume Germany will be reimbursing Aust the medical costs involved, if there is no reciprocal health arrangement in place.

As for our PM having "moral authority", I won't go there! 

Now I understand use of private hospitals in Perth.  Big announcement at noon by the Govt. re major changes re Private/Public nursing.  I'll  study the fine print later.